artemiskitty1980artemiskitty1980 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, thanks. Drat.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God dammit i need to go to work

fock

Well, that works out fine then. You can go to work while the game is down.

(looks out window. Hmm, good time to mow the grass....)
  • Options
    tomasvettomasvet Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I canceled my wowraid to play tonight!

On a serious note though can we ever expect patching or any other form of downtime to occur at other times of the day? Obviously it's rather inconvenient for European players as of now
  • Options
    icecoldleoicecoldleo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what time can I expect to play again? GMT please?
    Thanks for the work your doing on the game too
  • Options
    rammurrammur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    Abetter open beta experience? that would be not having down time every single day and night need to look and bunch it all into one bit patch day not every few freaking hours i mean i know its a beta but this isnt closed beta.
  • Options
    mortenius1mortenius1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long is it planned to last from now? I suck at timezones...
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    [/QUOTE]
    (9AM PDT): Emergency maintenance began to work on our network. We'll update you here. It is expected to last 2-3 hours. This will result in an even better Open Beta experience for you - and that's very important to us.[/QUOTE]

Take your time I think I have serious eyestrain. Am having alot of fun though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dude, this is an amazing game. I would rather it was down whilst in beta every other day (because yesterday wasn't down at all, eg only) than when it is released!!!
    Agree?
  • Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    it is quite fun but sometimes annoying to see how the various members of the community react to emergency maintenance's.
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited May 2013
    *When Perfect World doesn't make fixes- "hey guys im kind of tired of bla bla bla fix it!"
    *If Perfect World People fix something - "Oh Come on, stop making server maintenance its kind o noisy to bla bla bla"
    *If they they fix it on prime time - "Oh come on, its prime time and its holiday(who cares?) , why did you do this you people really must hate Europeans!/Americans/Russians/bla bla bla"
    *If they fix it late at night - "Dah, I just arrive for working and I wanted to play all night long"

Seriusly people whats f** wrong with you? stop acting like a bunch of histerical clowns, stop crying, its a BETA; B-E-T-A
    You dont like the server maintenance?, then do not complain about bugs and glitches
    You don't like when they make the maintenance, deal with it, live whit it, its necesary, and the server its theirs, they can do it when they want.

PSD: I want to thanks the team who fix problems and solve issues!
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 Awesome game, -1 crappy attitudes in the forums.

such is the life of an MMO gamer .... :)

Keep it up guys AAA title.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *When Perfect World doesn't make fixes- "hey guys im kind of tired of bla bla bla fix it!"
    *If Perfect World People fix something - "Oh Come on, stop making server maintenance its kind o noisy to bla bla bla"
    *If they they fix it on prime time - "Oh come on, its prime time and its holiday(who cares?) , why did you do this you people really must hate Europeans!/Americans/Russians/bla bla bla"
    *If they fix it late at night - "Dah, I just arrive for working and I wanted to play all night long"

Seriusly people whats f** wrong with you? stop acting like a bunch of histerical clowns, stop crying, its a BETA; B-E-T-A
    You dont like the server maintenance?, then do not complain about bugs and glitches
    You don't like when they make the maintenance, deal with it, live whit it, its necesary, and the server its theirs, they can do it when they want.

Truer words were never spoken...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well with this downtime I have time to create a backstory and maybe look up stuff on the wiki that I was gonna do later...
  • Options
    mushroomslap0009mushroomslap0009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Agreed +100
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How long left now? about?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Around 1:15 to 2:15 of expected downtime :/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hours* I mean
  • Options
    ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not sure that wanting to replace their server-hamsters with the fresh ones that just arrived qualifies as an "emergency maintenance", but I'm gonna contain my nerdrage to see if it means no more of these "emergency maintenance" hours arise.

Admin's comments in another thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?214891-What-is-wrong-with-this-I-m-so-sick-and-tired-of-it&p=2886362&viewfull=1#post2886362
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013

The angrier ppl are the better the game. I remember the first year in WOW whenever they took the servers down you had some seriously sleep deprived surly individuals on the forums. (mostly kids i hope) I see it as free entertainment and try not to discourage it. Cracked out server offline ranting should be it's own show.
  • Options
    lghspd4melghspd4me Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    Your spacebar missed what?
    Sorry we forgot your Johnny 5
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    This was definitely unscheduled and an emergency case. We felt it was necessary to ensure a better experience for all players in game. And, this will also help prevent what happened last week from happening again. Thanks for your understanding. You keep us motivated to make Neverwinter even better!
  • Options
    pantero44pantero44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

CORRECTION, it's NOT a BETA, it's already been RELASED(or "soft release", which ever you prefer...lol). Even tho, that it is worded on the client, as a BETA, they haven't come around to changing it. Tho, they are still treating it like a BETA when it comes to fixes.
    Intel Core i7-4790k@4.6GHz/ PNY GTX 770 XLR8 Enthusiast Edition 4GB OC / ASUS Maximus VII HERO / G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3-2133-CL11D-16GBXL / SAMSUNG 840 PRO Series 256GB SSD/OCZ Vector Series 120GBx2(Ext.240GB)/SEAGATE ST2000DM001 2TB HHD / Corsair H110 / FSU Aurum CM 750W(Gold) / PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro / HDMI 32" & 22"x1920x1080p / Windows 8.1 / 120mbps/10mbps
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do you know how much longer the servers will be down? Please
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    from 1 to 2 hours....( thanks icecoldleo)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I must admit there is only one reason for me to agree with those who are whining about the server being down and that is foundry...

If I could use the foundry even if the servers are down that would be fine so no real loss to me as that is what I was doing anyway when the servers went down...
  • Options
    lejenawasmoczemlejenawasmoczem Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. all server maintenance is during EU peak hours. why do you do this? this is bull****. not what i've signed up for!!!

i guarantee you none of us EU players want this. we want to play at day. NOT AT NIGHT!

everytime you patch -> eu peak hours.

HEY BRO! Want to play during the day? well guess what! YOU CANT! we need to do maintenance to a server! like every single day!
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And, this will also help prevent what happened last week from happening again. Thanks for your understanding.

Bold words... Here's hoping the new networking gear can handle that load and that the configs balance it appropriately. All I can say is that I hope you bought an F5 BigIP lol.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hope u guys fix the lag spikes in pvp and instances
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Imagine that there are no whining posts on forum while the server is down. If the game is good people want to play it anytime. At least to the point when they realize they are no competitive anymore if they don't spend another couple hundred dollars. Lol.
  • Options
    caglenncaglenn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, good chance for noobs like me to read up on specs and rotations, companions, etc.
This discussion has been closed.