test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Luna's TR Build Guide

Comments

• xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    I'm about to purchase a companion from the ZEN shop, however i am worried about making a mistake considering im 2 days old in Neverwinter :D what i am wondering is would there be a recommended pet for a TR? would it make a difference which DPS pet i pick, etc...

Don't buy a zen pet companion, just use the white cleric. If your going to buy a companion, then buy an augment companion like the cat (for AD)for endgame dungeons.
  • batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Could you post the best companion(s) to pair up with your rogue?

Could you also recommend the best things to be spending zen/AD on?

I personally run with the cat. When your doing dungeons you shouldn't need the heals from your lvl 15 cleric, and striker pets are a joke imo. Go with a cat pet if you can afford, its around 900k AD (or was it 980k?) and stack it up with stats that you want.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome guide! :D
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • zephyranthes2013zephyranthes2013 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some nice and useful info in here. I'm only lv37 so far, but looking into late game stuff and theorycrafting / minmaxing.

I'm kind of regretting rolling Human, the 3 extra feat points don't appear to be that great of an advantage in the end. At least I can get 6 feats out of the 4th tier heroic, but an extra 2% bonus damage on strength is a bit lackluster compared to taking another race's bonus ability score. :/

Speaking of the strength bonus, I don't understand why people seem to be so interested in it. Even at 20 str, that would only be a .6% bonus increase in your damage. Meanwhile i'm not seeing much people take notice in the 20% bonus you can get to combat advantage, taking 20 charima up an additional 2% bonus damage, unless the math there is not what i'm thinking it is. I know combat advantage is fairly PvE focused though, but I personally tend to carebear anyways.

Also with ability scores, I read something about TR's getting some pretty beefy crit rates at 60, somewhere around 50% being possible. The Paragon build i've been looking into i've already considered dropping 1% group crit for 5% crit severity while stealthed, but why stop there? Our class description might list Dex as a primary, but why not boost Str and Cha every time? Most builds already encourage going all into Dex and then Str or Cha, giving you a total of 24 Dex, 19 secondary, 15 tertiary, but ignoring Dex gives you an even 19 on both Str and Cha, trading 4% crit for another 4% damage / combat advantage. Any thoughts on that? Too bad no race can get +2 Str / Cha. :P
    edited May 2013
    Some nice and useful info in here. I'm only lv37 so far, but looking into late game stuff and theorycrafting / minmaxing.

I'm kind of regretting rolling Human, the 3 extra feat points don't appear to be that great of an advantage in the end. At least I can get 6 feats out of the 4th tier heroic, but an extra 2% bonus damage on strength is a bit lackluster compared to taking another race's bonus ability score. :/

Speaking of the strength bonus, I don't understand why people seem to be so interested in it. Even at 20 str, that would only be a .6% bonus increase in your damage. Meanwhile i'm not seeing much people take notice in the 20% bonus you can get to combat advantage, taking 20 charima up an additional 2% bonus damage, unless the math there is not what i'm thinking it is. I know combat advantage is fairly PvE focused though, but I personally tend to carebear anyways.

Also with ability scores, I read something about TR's getting some pretty beefy crit rates at 60, somewhere around 50% being possible. The Paragon build i've been looking into i've already considered dropping 1% group crit for 5% crit severity while stealthed, but why stop there? Our class description might list Dex as a primary, but why not boost Str and Cha every time? Most builds already encourage going all into Dex and then Str or Cha, giving you a total of 24 Dex, 19 secondary, 15 tertiary, but ignoring Dex gives you an even 19 on both Str and Cha, trading 4% crit for another 4% damage / combat advantage. Any thoughts on that? Too bad no race can get +2 Str / Cha. :P

Origionally I went DEX/CHA however changed when I decided that I can't always be in CA and losing its bonuses. Im not big on theory crafting, im more of what feels right, however Im sure a theory crafter would start to say things such as... "Need to calculate at what point 1% dmg out weighs 1% crit, and this will only happen after a certain max crit %." (which is reletive to dropping Dex for either STR or CHA) I personally don't know what that value is where flat dmg will become greater than the extra crit %. Sorry couldn't be of more help here.

Also would like to add that I edited a change for Smoke Bomb. As I do harder dungeons such as Castle Never (believe thats the name) I see smoke bomb being pretty essential. Replace blitz for this during such circumstances.
  • rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    problem 1 with this build.. you don't use bait and switch.. that right there halves your dps capability
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rcteamo wrote: »
    Dazzling Blades was Nerfed? there say 1% 2% 3% 4 % 5%

Everything was effin nerfed coz of forum whiners... Nerfing us coz we do "too much" damage, and we are the only true dps class in the game. Stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Don't buy a zen pet companion, just use the white cleric. If your going to buy a companion, then buy an augment companion like the cat (for AD)for endgame dungeons.

Cat looks like the best option for end game since it buffs the player instead of a silly companion that pretends to dps, thanks for the tip. How much crit and recovery does the cat give though?
  • epiz0rsepiz0rs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do you have a good ratio for power:crit?
    edited May 2013
    epiz0rs wrote: »
    do you have a good ratio for power:crit?

None what so ever. Like I said I play what feels right, i'm not very into theory crafting. However I can say that right now im running around 5k power and 3k crit. Also wanted to run this by you guys, see what you think... Once you reach a good crit marker (say 50% or so...) would dropping 5% crit talent for 35% to do 20% extra dmg on non crits (granted your party recieved 5% crit as well)? Would like to hear your opinions over this matter.
  • desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you live without Shadow Strike? Stealth regens so slow in combat and it helps to keep Cunning Ambusher rolling for the extra 6% with Wicked Reminder applying a 3 stack from stealth. I understand the bugs you have but would you not prefer these two abilities?
  • zephyranthes2013zephyranthes2013 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »
    None what so ever. Like I said I play what feels right, i'm not very into theory crafting. However I can say that right now im running around 5k power and 3k crit. Also wanted to run this by you guys, see what you think... Once you reach a good crit marker (say 50% or so...) would dropping 5% crit talent for 35% to do 20% extra dmg on non crits (granted your party recieved 5% crit as well)? Would like to hear your opinions over this matter.
    My quick (and maybe flawed) math says 20% Damage with a 35% chance to proc on non crits is 7% damage, if all your hits were non crit. At 50% you are down to a 3.5% boost, and a talent that gets worse as your gear improves sounds like a bad idea. I think this is like a leveling feat, or some odd build that trades off crit chance for something else. I'd stick to 5% group crit imo.

I'm in favor of picking up Dex primary now, and Str or Cha depending on preference to how much you feel you are getting out of combat advantage. With even a few of the sources of critical severity, Dex pulls ahead of a straight damage bonus pretty easily.
  • eamon91eamon91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loving this build, albiet im only level 15 i have found this very helpful and consistenly put out the most damage in any group i find myself in.
  • divinehopedivinehope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Can you post a screenshot of your build instead it was kinda hard alt tabbing back and forth. Thanks for work!!
  • cuddlykitten1cuddlykitten1 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Ugh, a strange question. Im going with a TR, lvl 37 now and I just realized that I didnt add much dex for my first 3 stat points you get from levels. So at the best, ill have 22 dex and a slightly higher str..23-24.

That means my crit chance is hurt a bit...is it really crippling, or am I overreacting over a meager 3-4% crit chance? Im just paranoid that a reoll may be needed.

Great guide though
  • xadoxisxadoxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What u think about skill shadow strike?
  • casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Ugh, a strange question. Im going with a TR, lvl 37 now and I just realized that I didnt add much dex for my first 3 stat points you get from levels. So at the best, ill have 22 dex and a slightly higher str..23-24.

That means my crit chance is hurt a bit...is it really crippling, or am I overreacting over a meager 3-4% crit chance? Im just paranoid that a reoll may be needed.

Great guide though

no.

Dex just adds into your crit rating, feats, etc.
    5% base, 6% from feats, 20% or more from crit rating, and 12 from dex.
    do you think adding 3% to 43% will increase your damage more then adding 3% to 13%?
  • ramfire0ramfire0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for a great build. :)
  • taishaku77taishaku77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the first song in the youtube pvE video? :)
    edited May 2013
    taishaku77 wrote: »
    What is the first song in the youtube pvE video? :)

The songs are listed in the description of the video on the youtube page.
  • divinehopedivinehope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting the screenshot! /thumbs-up
  • viscacha1viscacha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great guide! I have come top of damage scoreboard every dungeon/skirmish I've played so far, that being said I am only around level 23 or something but I've followed this guide since level 1 and it seems to be going well so far. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Level 40 now, and I am yet to be out dps'd in any skirmish or dungeon i've been in, following this build. I joined one dungeon late (someone must of disconnected) and the top TR had 200k damage, I obviously had 0, and ended up at about 2.1 million damage and the TR in second had like 1.5 million.

Loving the damages! Only problem is solo/questing I get chunked down by most mobs but it's all good, I gots the pots to keep me sustained.
    edited May 2013
    desaanuk wrote: »
    How do you live without Shadow Strike? Stealth regens so slow in combat and it helps to keep Cunning Ambusher rolling for the extra 6% with Wicked Reminder applying a 3 stack from stealth. I understand the bugs you have but would you not prefer these two abilities?

I will give it a shot when I can afford some time and a respec and let you guys know. I can see it being usefull for boss fights where you focus nothing but the boss instead of having smoke bomb/blitz.
    edited May 2013
    I've Added a new video on maximizing duelist Flurry, please check it out! (still processing in youtube but will be up shortly!
  • felchorefelchore Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice one, thanks for the tip !

Btw, I really like the songs you used in your first video (Overland Blues & French letter), hope you have more like these ones :) Thanks for the discovery !
  • epet1epet1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    how about ability score point ? what stat need to add ?
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I started with halfling. I am at level 27. If i want to min/max is it relaly worth it to re-roll half-orc at this point?
    edited May 2013
    I started with halfling. I am at level 27. If i want to min/max is it relaly worth it to re-roll half-orc at this point?

I wouldn't unless you REALLY want to min max, but thats just me...
  • jtemjtem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great build, very much liking it at the moment though i am having a problem with actually staying alive.
    My last build was very much built on stealth, so I could usually wipe out alot of mobs without getting hit once, however this tactic stopped working around level 35.
    I tried out your rotation and although I am getting huge damage, with big mobs I usually find my health running low and waiting for my powers to pop again.
    Any tips, invest more in defense for my equipment?
  • plexs7plexs7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so as far as gear, whats the best for TR... dungeon(which one) or glory gear?