test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Petition] Bring back Foundry EXP

hugoptttthugoptttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi all
The last patch in my point of view kill the foundry.
I think the developers need to bring back the foundry EXP and the Exploit exp quest, people only do this in her secundary chars and i wanna do that to, i dont wanna play the same story again with my secundary char, it will be a cleric.
i sugest and open this petition for the developers to please bring back the foundry EXP.

who whats this feature back?
Post edited by hugoptttt on

Comments

• markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Nope. These farm foundry quests screwed over people like myself who want to create ACTUAL quests
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
  • projectnarnarprojectnarnar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    markyx16 wrote: »
    Nope. These farm foundry quests screwed over people like myself who want to create ACTUAL quests

Farming Foundry quests are 100% legit. exploit maps are not. Two different things.
  • pushiiitpushiiit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    markyx16 wrote: »

How were you screwed over? It's not like without the foundry grind quests those players all the sudden want to play "story driven" quests. They go to whatever is next best to grind and never step foot into the foundry.
  • hugoptttthugoptttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One think i know, in my primary Char i do the all story line and all quests from there, in my secundary char dont wanna do the same quests, this is boring and i saw with this foundry quests another way to disbored the lvl up but with this nerf foundry dont meen nothing now i think...
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Nope.. I'm glad its gone
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
    edited May 2013
    Hope not gone or i dont do another char...
    edited May 2013
    l3uck3t wrote: »
    Nope.. I'm glad its gone

Why? What is your reasoning???? What did the foundry exp do to you? Did it cause you to level your character?
  • back2workback2work Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes, bring back the exp. if i want bad story telling and terrible dialog id go watch B rated movies on the scifi channel.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    back2work wrote: »
    yes, bring back the exp. if i want bad story telling and terrible dialog id go watch B rated movies on the scifi channel.

Please don't talk about Anaconda 4 like that.
  • iamchin91iamchin91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    back2work wrote: »

Yeah, totally agree with this one, who would want to play a 150 minute long foundry quest only to get like 850exp worth?

Suggestion: Those that belong in the "Best" category receive the normal payout
    edited May 2013
    Ahahah anaconda 4 is so bad xD even anaconda was nerfed on the quality xD
    edited May 2013
    iamchin91 wrote: »
    Yeah, totally agree with this one, who would want to play a 150 minute long foundry quest only to get like 850exp worth?

Suggestion: Those that belong in the "Best" category receive the normal payout
    +1 no one wanna waste lot tine to low/none exp...
  • bestarallinbestarallin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    XP should be based on time spend in the dungeon like the end chest.
    Please play and rate my campaign : Making a little on the side. (NWS-DQASUEVTV)
  • wolonggongwolonggong Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't need a "full" change back.

Put in diminishing returns for mass killing the same mob, Example: first mob = full xp, mobs 2-5 = 95%, 6-10 = 90%, 11-15 = 85% and so on...and for gods sake put back the loot and money drops closer to normal so the farmers will still farm in the foundry outside the main quest zones. Pushing them out there is only going to hurt everyone else by having them farming quest mobs.

Also, regular foundry quests were hit also and that is just plain nuts.

This is not a gold based econmy, its an AD/ZEN one and no amount of gold is going to get you AD or ZEN. Need to cut the amount of ID scrolls? fine, don't nerf the rest of the loot because of it.
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1) there is foundry EXP, I get it (maybe im only one who do not grind 24/7 foundries with 100% encounters)
    2) stop crying and play official content
  • psyluche007psyluche007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hugoptttt wrote: »
    One think i know, in my primary Char i do the all story line and all quests from there, in my secundary char dont wanna do the same quests, this is boring and i saw with this foundry quests another way to disbored the lvl up but with this nerf foundry dont meen nothing now i think...

Don't play MMO's!!! :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    If for you this is crying... The nerf was bad, simple no one do foundry for low/none exp/loot. The question in heres is the foundry and not the official content like story line etc etc... Dont be a jurk and respect the people who want the good experience ingame...
    edited May 2013
    forien69 wrote: »
    1) there is foundry EXP, I get it (maybe im only one who do not grind 24/7 foundries with 100% encounters)
    2) stop crying and play official content

Then they should just remove the foundry then? That will force everyone to play the official content. that way no one would complain either. kill two birds with one stone.
    edited May 2013
    I play mmo because i love it, i dont like do the same ****ing story line quests in each char i create simple... And in this game a saw another way to lvl up simple...
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hugoptttt wrote: »
    If for you this is crying... The nerf was bad, simple no one do foundry for low/none exp/loot.

Hey, hey! Don't think that if YOU do not play Foundry quests with no exp, no one does. There is bunch of people who enjoy 5-minute funny story more than than hack'n'slashing enemies for an hour to get exp. Neverwinter is MMORPG. Its origins are in cRPG, which origins are in RPG. Now go ask uncle Google or auntie Wikipedia what "RPG" means, and come back here to cry about your XP again.
  • mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my foundry mission im making is more investigating then hack n slash
    edited May 2013
    Lol ok ok im not the only whos crying for this, lot of people have the same point of view... But ok different thoughts....
  • graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    when I leveled my first character to 60, there were times where my level fell behind the official content. for example, i'm out of quests, level 27 and need to be level 28 before the NPC will offer another quest. I would hop into foundry and get that level so I could get back to the npc and get my quest chain going again. With this patch, I won't step foot into the foundry again, theres no point to it for me. I'll go into an open area and grind mobs for the level.
  • maddo3maddo3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have got my TR to level 40 through questing and am getting rather bored of it. Been watching Towelliee's stream, tanking some epic dungeons and it looks so fun. I want to change.
    But do I want to sit through all of those quests again? Not really.

The foundry "balance" was too extreme.
    What needed to be done was 2 things:
    1 - Flat nerf to foundry exp
    2 - Add the report feature and encourage players who find these exploit maps (and by that I mean the maps that will automatically kill mobs for you), then remove said maps and warn/suspend/ban the authors.

Why should we who want to play 2 or 3 foundry quests we like, like the Blood and Sand quest, to level be punished?
  • article125sarticle125s Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see no reason for the nerf. People play mmo's for fun. So let people do whats fun for them. There is no benefit from nerfing foundry rewards. I thought the foundry system was one of the best aspects of the game. And now before the game is even released they take radical action because some exploit the foundry to rush to endgame.. so what!?! There is no sub fee for the game. So its not like PWE makes more money if it takes longer for you to level. The only thing they accomplished is making me feel like im wasting time in foundries. It really bothers me because "I Am Slayer" is quality content and missions like "Monsterfest" give me that insurmountable odds feel that i love. I thought the first big change would be an overnerf of some of the more powerful classes, but this blindsided me. Its like cutting off a hand because of a broken finger. I hope its just a quick fix while they work out a better way to stop the exploits, but even so i dont agree with it in the least. +1
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you want a button to push that levels you instantly to 60, that's fine with me I guess. Your loss.

Personally, I enjoy the quality story/puzzle/humor/horror/etc UGC. I think they are what's going to make this game a long term success. Some room with trapped ogres isn't my idea of fun.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • nknknnkbbqnknknnkbbq Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I stopped doing foundry quests because typically the end reward is a waste of my time; loot is laughable and exp is a joke especially after that idiotic nerf. For those people that like to read texts, follow the story line, all the power to you. But I'd rather to at least have the option to grind my way to level cap. I'm not saying they should bring back exploit maps, but for me foundry isn't worth doing now, and I can't be the only one that's feeling this way.
  • nknknnkbbqnknknnkbbq Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic should just rid the foundry quests of exp entirely. That's basically how it is right now anyways. The people that enjoy player created foundries will continue to subscribe even without the exp and loot. The players that prefer to grind will find other means to level up.

Eventually, everyone are gonna hit 60, and alot of them will be only doing foundries for dailies anyways.
  • thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They listened to the hardcore, whiny little sharts that want everyone to play their Marty Stu adventures, where you have to help their story character become a God, and he's totally making out with Drizz't the entire time... you get the idea. Didn't take them long to completely shoot the game in the face. The Foundry was the only thing that made their game interesting. Since there's little to no reward for it, there's no reason to actually do it anymore.

I hope the hardcore children that were screaming for this to happen are enjoying themselves. Now no one will want to do your crappy quests, because they won't get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for EXP or loot. Sounds like the Foundry is just another crappy attachment that has no use. You can't even get good gear from it, you have to run the official content to get that anyway. But hey, whatever makes the babies that scream and cry when someone else is having fun happy, I guess...
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bring the back the old foundry system. Lifespan of mmos are base on content, how long to lvl, pvp, n others. I loved pvp in this game until my team started to get spawn camp. The only reason I was playing this game bc I was able to farm to 60. I played a ton of mmos in my life and I am getting very bored of the long questing to max lv. Plus, with all the lame zen shop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> doesn't make the game better. I understand this is a f2p game but 10 bucks for a bag or other things. Anyway, back to the topic...I will stop playing this game if there is no "correct fix." There are a few ppl thinking "who cares if you leave." So, if your best friend, gf, mom, sister, or whomever stop playing bc of this would you care then? I am sure there are over 100 ppl who feel the same as I do. I don't see what was the big deal and why some ppl was "QQ" about fast lvling. "Why are you mad, bro?" Come join me for a few runs. Those same ppl was the ones who made the "orge in the box"

Bring the old system back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg