test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• Options
    everwinnereverwinner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    .---.
    (_,/\ \
    (`a a( )
    ) \= ) (
    (.--' '--.)
    / (_\_/_) \
    | / \ / \ |
    \\ / . \ //
    \/\___/\/
    | \_/ |
    \ / /
    \/ /
    ( (
    |\ \
    | \ \
    /_Y/_Y
  • Options
    libertatus338libertatus338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished playing for about 8 hours. No problems other than the occasional short rubber-banding and that wasn't bad enough to bother me. I was so impressed with this beta play, that felt like finished product, that I went ahead and dropped some cash on the Guardian Founder pass. Looking forward to the completed product. Keep up the great work, Devs!
  • Options
    rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Very smooth experience so far, also quite fun :) Good job!
  • Options
    gomungomun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems there was a problem in creating my account. Atleast that's what the launcher is telling me. But my account most likely do exist cause I wouldn't really be able to post if it wasn't.
  • Options
    oisooiso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    every time i run the game the message disconnected from login server happens once before i get to the login screen and after i type my password and it tells me it trying to get my character info
  • Options
    orico99orico99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been playing this all weekend, to me personally i have had no problems bar the odd rubberbanding, and to me i wouldnt even know it was a beta if i didnt know any better, feels very polished already.
    Does anyone know btw if all chars etc will carry over into full release now its in open rather than closed beta, whenever that may be? or will it reset again for everyone?
  • Options
    baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a problem running this game on my Windows 7 but it's running smoothly on my Windows 8 rig. It seems that the game is meant to run on newer machines which is bad because it stops people with older machine from playing it.

Aside from that though, this game is GREAT! combat is awesome and passing through Deekin street makes me nostalgic. XD hoping for the success of this game.
  • Options
    citymysticcitymystic Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a redname said there will be no more character resets on 4/30. So all open beta chars should carry over to live.
  • Options
    gigantogamezgigantogamez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i run widows 7 on my pc and it runs at 140 fps on max fx , its gotta be something to do with ur pc . i seen ruber-banding and some visual glitches but nothing above that really ,

I had a problem running this game on my Windows 7 but it's running smoothly on my Windows 8 rig. It seems that the game is meant to run on newer machines which is bad because it stops people with older machine from playing it.

Aside from that though, this game is GREAT! combat is awesome and passing through Deekin street makes me nostalgic. XD hoping for the success of this game.
  • Options
    elephantspiderelephantspider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah still waiting here too :D

I was wondering how they were going to handle server down time, if that would effect the invocation system. I work 16 hour days sometimes, and it would be a shame if I was unable to log in to invocate!! :D
  • Options
    baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i run widows 7 on my pc and it runs at 140 fps on max fx , its gotta be something to do with ur pc . i seen ruber-banding and some visual glitches but nothing above that really ,

probably. But then WoW, SWTOR and GW2 runs fine on that machine so Cryptic definitely has to check something on the code and fix it.
  • Options
    mcneillymcneilly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Asks me for a key.... now how is this OPEN beta?
  • Options
    alaena123alaena123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idd.. did i just some 10 minutes of my life downloading a "open" beta version that you wont give me a key for.. hardly not open beta..
  • Options
    drakonfury98drakonfury98 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Elephantspider - Yes - I already lost my first run of coins because of down time. But I lost only 3 coins, so, meh - no big deal. Frustrating, but not the end of the world. I would hate to loose too many more tho....
  • Options
    drakonfury98drakonfury98 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know why you are being asked for a key? My son got on this weekend without any key - must be a glitch somewhere...
  • Options
    anastazikaanastazika Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Anyone else having problem opening the server right now?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes - also the Gateway.
  • Options
    svarwensvarwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if downtime was posted somewhere.
  • Options
    nivarus79nivarus79 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there anyone else getting a response of 'The server is unavailable at this time.' message? If so, is there any word on when it will be up? It's a little weird the server status is 'green' in the pop-up log in ...
  • Options
    mercalliasmercallias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ yeah no posting of down time anywhere, still looking for it
  • Options
    svarwensvarwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I am seeing the same thing. I have not seen anything about the server being down.
  • Options
    slaytenslayten Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same thing, server status is green and I can't log in. Checked support and of course there is nothing about it. I wish they would at least let people know whats going on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is anyone else having a problem with these forums? Mine seems to take forever to post or refresh. I have 2 other forums open and they are just fine.
  • Options
    ayinuayinu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're probably a lot busier and more distracted by getting the problem fixed than taking the time to post a message about it. It's beta for a PWE game. Get used to it. :P
  • Options
    blackash2011blackash2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    slayten wrote: »
    I got the same thing, server status is green and I can't log in. Checked support and of course there is nothing about it. I wish they would at least let people know whats going on

When you cant find details about downtime here on the forums its nearly always current at Twitter.com.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame

Quoted:

Neverwinter Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame

@dotfortytwo Ideally soon! This outage was unexpected and we're doing everything we can to prevent it in the future.
  • Options
    morgue17morgue17 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When you cant find details about downtime here on the forums its nearly always current at Twitter.com.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame

Quoted:

Neverwinter Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame

@dotfortytwo Ideally soon! This outage was unexpected and we're doing everything we can to prevent it in the future.

Cool thanks for the info!
  • Options
    acimasiz2acimasiz2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys i saw this game 2 days ago can any1 tell me when this beta version end? open full version or this is the full game i dont understand. 1 more thing if i lvl up on beta server when full game open beta char is delete ? i look forums sites but i cant find about the full release date. :S sry for the **** questions guys but hlp me pls :)
  • Options
    blyss2011blyss2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The characters won't be wiped.
  • Options
    kalem02kalem02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blyss2011 wrote: »
    The characters won't be wiped.

I enter my email/password and get the game launcher to update/work and then when i press play button the launcher goes away and i get nothing else in the game or anything why cant i log in to play
This discussion has been closed.