test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• clanwolf1clanwolf1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I launched the loader and when it loaded I got spammed with ads from my web browser. Cant type in the email/username or password. WTF is going on? Is this just a spam launcher or is there a real game here?
  • majykfingrrsmajykfingrrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's odd, I have been playing for at least over a week now with No problems.

it's a real game, not just a spam launcher.

hope yu get it sorted out.
  • njsjedinjsjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have had no probs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • dewinterdesigndewinterdesign Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keep getting ''the server is unavailable at this time'' when i try to log in... havent played the game yet but rly excited... help?
  • ffx13ffx13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance atm, just wait it out :)
  • annoyingpumpkinannoyingpumpkin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asdasdafsdfsdfsdf
  • annoyingpumpkinannoyingpumpkin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long until maintenance over
    edited May 2013
    Well at least I know it is a real game. Still cant launch without ad spamming :( I hate google :( it used to be such a good thing now it is just full of ads. All the ads that have been spammed are from the google spam engine, which is usually blocked by popups but something in this launcher is allowing the popups to become real web pages in my browser. Logged off google and they still spam :( so not happy :(
  • shadstarnshadstarn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont get any add w launching the launcher
    edited May 2013
    hmmm Two AV and anti ad software running on my comp. None of which can catch the ad hooks from google. If I turn off js I get no ads until I run the laucher. But I also cant use this web page so I have to turn it on again and I get ads from Google. I HATE GOOGLE. I think it is the google stuff that is causing this probl;em. Nothing I can do about it unless I do a system wipe. Not going to do that. SO it seems I miss out on this game. I loved the nwn series wanted to see what it was like mmo :( Thinks people have fun.
    edited May 2013
    clanwolf1 wrote: »
    hmmm Two AV and anti ad software running on my comp. None of which can catch the ad hooks from google. If I turn off js I get no ads until I run the laucher. But I also cant use this web page so I have to turn it on again and I get ads from Google. I HATE GOOGLE. I think it is the google stuff that is causing this probl;em. Nothing I can do about it unless I do a system wipe. Not going to do that. SO it seems I miss out on this game. I loved the nwn series wanted to see what it was like mmo :( Thinks people have fun.

haha quoting to my own reply ... update following:

OK. if anyone else does have this problem these are the steps to almost fix the problem.
    1. If on firefox, go to google homepage and find optout of adds link. Opt out of all the ad companies in their respective pages .. there are two pages to go to which accesses all the companies. you will find them.

2. disable third party cookies inside firefox options.

these two steps kill the adds but not the spamming that this programme is causing. Still cant log on to game because it is still spamming firefox pages but with no content now :( haha empty pages ... I really, really, really dont want to have to uninstall firefox.
  • baelificbaelific Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was unable to find anything on when the actual release of the game is. any info?
  • jpgagliardijpgagliardi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how much long the serve will stay off?
  • neajohnneajohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 more hours :( .
  • khyriumkhyrium Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the server down yet?

It keeps trying to connect after loggin on, unsuccessfully.
  • khyriumkhyrium Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, nvm, just saw the neajohn's reply. Let's wait.
  • jfrancis00jfrancis00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So whats up with this server i started today and cant log in nor run the game its past 12 PDT and still down?
  • majykfingrrsmajykfingrrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems the Shard Maintenance they did, evidently caused a problem. Shard maintenance happened right before the "Emergency Maintenance"

Blah!!! :(

Looks like i won't get to finish my daily Foundry Quest until after i return home from work. That will not be until around 4:30 - 5:00pm EST.
  • coryshane121093coryshane121093 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its still crashing for me like im puting the correct password in and it just says unable to athinicate so whats going on is the server still down??
  • aletresaletres Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Perfect world go back to a closed beta if u can
  • aletresaletres Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    and stop censoring my posts for godsake!!!!
    edited May 2013
    still wont let me log in its crashing saying server is down and wont athincicate
  • jdntbjdntb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are still servers down?
    edited May 2013
    is server still down?? it wont let me log in
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Emergency Maintenance... Please read or look around!
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • bor3dstiffbor3dstiff Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Are servers still down?" Well can you log in? No? Well then yes they are still down!!
  • jdntbjdntb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    Emergency Maintenance... Please read or look around!

Sorry dude, I've different time, is different on my PC and on the forum. I didn't understand then which time was correct, so I asked for security..
  • macdonaldomacdonaldo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've no major complaints about the game so far, loving it and only noticed this because I'm in Neverwinter mode...

The Perfect World website lists Neverwinter with a green 'L' icon to denote live status rather than Open Beta.

I know it's meant to be Open Beta, just a tiny thing I spotted and thought I'd mention since I'm very bored. (no idea if it's been mentioned before. Too many threads to read!)

Hope the 'New Hardware' they have helps :)
  • fuyrangerfuyranger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When does open beta end?
    edited May 2013
    clanwolf1 wrote: »
    haha quoting to my own reply ... update following:

OK. if anyone else does have this problem these are the steps to almost fix the problem.
    1. If on firefox, go to google homepage and find optout of adds link. Opt out of all the ad companies in their respective pages .. there are two pages to go to which accesses all the companies. you will find them.

2. disable third party cookies inside firefox options.

these two steps kill the adds but not the spamming that this programme is causing. Still cant log on to game because it is still spamming firefox pages but with no content now :( haha empty pages ... I really, really, really dont want to have to uninstall firefox.

ok. If anyone else has this problem then here is how to play. Further update: I canplay the game. The spam issue is not fixed but what you have to do is to download the arc programme from this site. Once you run the arc programme it asks for your id and password and then logs you into the main server. Once there you have a list of games to either install or play. Click play for neverwinter. Arc then loads the launcher and autologs you into the game server. If it updates you still have to close the spam windows. But once you click play the spamming stops. Not completely satisfactory but at least it allows you to play.
This discussion has been closed.