test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.16

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.

Patch Notes

Environment and Quests
  • Certain minibosses in several dungeons no longer respawn under specific circumstances.
  • Resolved an issue with Dungeon Chests giving loot of incorrect level under some circumstances
  • Fixed the issue with the final interactive object in No Honor Among Thieves being repeatedly lootable if the player is on a team.

Foundry
  • Players may now report Terms of Service violations when dropping a Foundry quest.
  • Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes.

Gateway
  • Characters with apostrophes in their name can now be loaded.
  • Improved the Professions layout in IE8.
  • Profession tasks can now always be completed when the timer reaches 0.
  • The very short (10 minute) auction time has been removed.
  • The Nightmare Lockbox image now has a link to additional Nightmare Lockbox info.

Items
  • Certain Profession items, such as the Dragon Egg, now show up correctly in Auction House searches.
  • Items in the reward chest for Dragon Attack now have their proper Enchantment slots.
  • Shard of Elemental Fire is now usable for Control Wizards.
  • The Nightmare Lockbox now properly lists the name of the Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount.

Powers
  • Chaos Magic now properly applies its debuffs only to enemies.

Professions
  • Resolved an bug where item quantity would occasionally calculate inaccurately.

User Interface
  • The Guild Bank now properly grays out the Withdraw / Deposit permission checkbox if the player has permission granting abilities, but not Withdraw / Deposit permission.

Stability and Performance
  • Fixed a client lockup with certain power interactions.
  • Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.
  • Significantly improved performance in the Foundry editor.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    steelmacesteelmace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    very nice..! great job guys..!! :-)
  • Options
    werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    "Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes."

+1
    forumskill.gif
  • Options
    pyrph0r0spyrph0r0s Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any chance to adress the issue with the pot stacks? since if theres a drop after a stack it keeps doing a new one and thus getting more pace on our already limited inventory :/
  • Options
    hwanfromlatviahwanfromlatvia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf? no SMOKE bomb exploit FIX?
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Read, padawan. Read.
  • Options
    nemesiswarlocknemesiswarlock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice notes. Still no Warlock eh?
  • Options
    jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about the lfg tool not working correctly? 5 times i tried for the lair of the mad dragon and not even once did we get a healer or tank. one time we were all rogues and wizards even...
  • Options
    landeathlandeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So awesome!
  • Options
    divinehopedivinehope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    "Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes." - how much we talking here?
  • Options
    screamomaxscreamomax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stability and Performance

Fixed a client lockup with certain power interactions.
    Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.
    Significantly improved performance in the Foundry editor.

This is my favorite part.
  • Options
    screamomaxscreamomax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jacktanto wrote: »
    what about the lfg tool not working correctly? 5 times i tried for the lair of the mad dragon and not even once did we get a healer or tank. one time we were all rogues and wizards even...

Did the Caverns of whatever(Fiery one) and got me(Rogue) and 4 other Rogues.
    Have you guys ever tried doing that with a Rogue tanking? Not fun.

Maybe as a Role selection feature?
  • Options
    medievalmissmedievalmiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about voice chat?
    ri80me.jpg
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    when is the new clas? hehehehe
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    freekjanfreekjan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    group team leader and loot Need exploits tomorrow please
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    any chance to adress the issue with the pot stacks? since if theres a drop after a stack it keeps doing a new one and thus getting more pace on our already limited inventory :/

Thanks for asking! Please continue to report bugs via the usual format (bug report forum or in-game: /bug). We're triaging a high volume of issues right now so your patience is appreciated while we get to everything. :)
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Players may now report Terms of Service violations when dropping a Foundry quest.

Can you expound this?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Looks like a couple other people already posted a response to this one. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kimoy8520 wrote: »
    Can you expound this?

It's just a small UI change - you were always able to report missions, but this allows you to report it in one additional window.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What about voice chat?

Sorry, but we are still in the process of troubleshooting that issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    divinehope wrote: »
    "Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes." - how much we talking here?

This is specifically related to unique scenarios where it was possible to gain more experience than intended. Shouldn't affect normal Foundry missions.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Awesome notes, the ToS Violation Report was greatly needed. Thanks for listening! Glad to see some other exploits removed too. Cheers!

Also, this:
    Characters with apostrophes in their name can now be loaded.

Makes 'Old Zeb' very happy! Thank you!
  • Options
    kyonosutokakyonosutoka Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not meaning to sound ungrateful, great patch keep up the updates and comms with the community, but when can we see some class balance tweaks.

Currently I see TR doing 30k+ in one hit on my GWF or my GF buddy. I think this may be the armor pen calculation incorrectly or something but that is just wrong since even stacking health and defense I would have around 25-27k hp with around 30-35% damage reduction.

Does the armor pen on TR really do that much or are their damage numbers just way to high? I understand they need to burst single targets but one shooting a tank and bruiser class? Not asking them to be nerfed into the ground just the amount of damage that goes through armor be adjusted slightly for player vs player.

Also for the amount of CC that CW have the damage seems a tad high as well. Could add CC effectiveness reduction mechanic to avoid chain CC from CW's but then that might make them <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since they couldn't just hold people in place till they were dead anymore.

Again this is only for pvp but kind of annoying that even as a GWF with some decent defense fighting against a CW or TR I'm dead before I can even pop unstoppable or I just get dropped like a fly outright. 9/10 if a team has a gear CW or TR players are just giving up.

On a side note could use a mechanic put in that when someone leaves or afks they get auto booted and REPLACED!!!!! Currently too many matches lost via 4v5 or 3v5. Even had one where the match started and it was literally 0v5. :/
  • Options
    shysarnshysarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice job, thank you!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome job keep up the good work guys
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the queque times for joining a Epic dungeon? I w8 3h yesterday in 8300 pool and didnt find a party ( playing a GWF).
    And another thing, if you find a party you dont get a healer and tank. So we cant progress..
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    tehpwnmonster1tehpwnmonster1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.

Patch Notes

Environment and Quests
    • Fixed the issue with the final interactive object in No Honor Among Thieves being repeatedly lootable if the player is on a team.

Reported that yesterday - nice quick fixes, what I like to see :)
  • Options
    escurikescurik Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great job! Thanks for the fixes.

On the side note - when is that AH sort order and level filter getting fixed? :)
  • Options
    baldurandalbaldurandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for these patches, Cryptic. It's good to know you're a company that works on major issues as soon as they are detected (according to a Facebook post at least... *Chuckles*). :-).

With that in mind... I was wondering if you'll look into the issue with the Tower of Alteration where your character's appearance is completely reset upon entering the interface?
    "Just keep moving." - Lara Croft
  • Options
    lozadeekslozadeeks Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news on crash fixes?
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.

Wooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
This discussion has been closed.