Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.16

Comments

• Options
    piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    These are not the only issue with TR. I am a CW and it is frustrating as hell to watch as a TR slips control power after control power only to come up, stun or daze or what ever the little monster does and I am help less to defend his assault. His defenses are to strong. How is it they can slip every CC and then gank me to death. Soon we will be seeing pre-mades of nothing but TR dominating PvP. I to am not saying they need to be nerfed to nothing BUT they need some re balancing for PvP. Maybe a CC slip for the other classes?? IDK I am not a dev so IDK how to address this issue, but it needs to be looked at and adjusted some.
    Sounds like what's happening is as soon as you CC him, he uses his anti-CC power. You CC him again but now he's realised what's up so he starts dodging and using his gap closer abilities to come up to you. As of now, its actually easy for a CW to take down a rogue because TR's anti-CC powers have a very long cooldown and he can't use it constantly. Just take note of his dodges and you will be fine.
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    piklen wrote: »
    Sounds like what's happening is as soon as you CC him, he uses his anti-CC power. You CC him again but now he's realised what's up so he starts dodging and using his gap closer abilities to come up to you. As of now, its actually easy for a CW to take down a rogue because TR's anti-CC powers have a very long cooldown and he can't use it constantly. Just take note of his dodges and you will be fine.

One on one, yes...if you can isolate him...problem is the others soon catch up, reckon i'm just crying, but heck...CW needs some type of defense or ward that would stop the initial attack and give a split second to adjust...CW is great at distance, if you get too close you're doomed...problem there is we have to capture the points and sometimes have to advance into certain death.
    Silverhand
  • Options
    greedyswinegreedyswine Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive noticed that on CW sudden storm spell might have some bugs.Im not sure if its suppose to work like that but:
    1.When on straight terrain it shoots 3 bolts
    2.When on downhills and uneven terrain it shoots only 1 bolt (2 tops)
  • Options
    rhoidrhoid Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    y its called physics, the "flying" cloaks are well made, though hair clips through the gear not good.

when riding a horse and the cape fly forward over your head.. thats BAD physics...
  • Options
    soththewolfsoththewolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree the whole AOE DPS foundry needs to be fixed.
    Fiddling with the new functions they can be misleading to new players, Me being one of them.
    I love the idea of fast exp for players but currently its beyond fast its just stupid.
    Looking forward to the fixes and all so far one of the best games i have played in ages!
  • Options
    incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Control Wizard
    • Upgrading Shard of the Endless Avalanche to levels 2 and 3 is supposed to drop its cooldown, but the cooldown does not decrease.
  • Options
    rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what were the situations the dungeon chests were changed for?

and does this mean random chests or delve chests?
  • Options
    damkina9damkina9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue system needs fix to balance teams, most of partys starts without heal or tank. Yesterday I was paired with 5 mages!!
  • Options
    penonationpenonation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    y its called physics, the "flying" cloaks are well made, though hair clips through the gear not good.
    I guess you failed physics. They fly the wrong way.
  • Options
    silentradarsilentradar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Throne of Idris still bugged to complete?
  • Options
    helzorhelzor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the issue with tanking threat as Guardian pls. beside that game is awesum! Love it :)
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damkina9 wrote: »
    The queue system needs fix to balance teams, most of partys starts without heal or tank. Yesterday I was paired with 5 mages!!

AGREED..!!! We went into 'Throne of Idris' yesterday without a Cleric... Of course, we failed miserably with the mass mobs around Idris and her &%$#'ing Daze/Stun.
  • Options
    knives521knives521 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you are all crying waaaay to hard on nerfing rogues. A slight adjustment on a rogue will send them into a downward spiral of nerfing and adjusting and buffing. Happens all the time. Every MMO "NERF ROGUE!" Rogue gets nerfed, adjusted, buffed then they start the cycle again.
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have NEVER been able to access the Auction House from the Gateway. It always says, 'No Data'.
  • Options
    sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Fixed the damned AH, including the filters that don't work. Very annoying and should have been properly tested before launch.

You do realize this is open beta. The game is not on official relase yet. I know it's confusing as it's a f2p game so it doesn't feel like it's beta since anyone can get in and there won't be a wipe at the end. The reason it's Open Beta is because they know there's issues still to be worked out and there are likely to be many patches, possibly even more than 1 per day if something major needs a hotfix. If the game was release people would expect patches and maintenance to not happen daily and that things would be more fully implemented. They've been doing some good progress with bugs so far and I'm glad they're focusing on fixing those before adding in the "missing" content (gauntlgrym, companion training manuals, etc). I suspect the true launch/release will occur once the core content is all in place and all major known issues have been dealt with.
  • Options
    bishplease3bishplease3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the great work! I think everyone did a wonderful job creating and executing this game, it is absolutely amazing. I have not encountered very many bugs at all, but it is nice to know you all are always working hard to fix problems as you hear about them. ^5 and again I have to say... BRAVO!!
  • Options
    unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Players may now report Terms of Service violations when dropping a Foundry quest.

Thank you.
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • Options
    faranaefaranae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Significantly improved performance in the Foundry editor.

I just started tinkering with the Foundry this morning. What performance changes can I expect at the end of the hour?
  • Options
    bishplease3bishplease3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well said! I get so tired of seeing complaints over and over especially for a beta that opened a little less than a week ago! If they hate it that much, stop playing. This is actually a pretty good game for beta, I rarely encounter issues and when I do, I just submit a ticket and they are usually very prompt in addressing the issue. I guess there are just some people that are not happy in life unless they are complaining. =]
  • Options
    yellowfever2yellowfever2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any ETA/plans for a fix to party questing?
    1. parties in different zones are still required to "gather your party" which is impossible
    2. Parties doing quest chains like Spellburst/The Plague Tower cannot complete the quest/NPC non-interactable
  • Options
    pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering if you'll look into the issue with the Tower of Alteration where your character's appearance is completely reset upon entering the interface?

It IS the Tower of Alteration, what did you expect :p
  • Options
    backwoods660backwoods660 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha well there goes the Foundry system instead of limiting people to doing a specific foundry quests once per day and not repeating it or finding a way to make it so mobs cant get stuck in pens. They reduce the XP earned..

I am willing to bet that foundry becomes a ghost town and no one will use it.
  • Options
    kuettbull3nkuettbull3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Resolved an issue with Dungeon Chests giving loot of incorrect level under some circumstances

Is the Epic Throne of Idris Dungeon Delve chest not giving any loot included in this? I'd like to be able to get my items pls ;P
  • Options
    sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bedwyer wrote: »
    I 100% agree, the TR is way too loose in game, pvp is just a nightmare against them...please do something, it's very frustrating to get killed 12 times in pvp with my CW, especially when i freeze or entangle the tricky little buggers and they pop up behind me doing massive damage...just a little balance please.

Funny thing as a rogue I kind of feel the same way about CWs. It got a bit better once I could buy the Impossible to Catch encounter power (and remember to equip it when in a pvp match as I don't have a use for it in pve really as the mobs holds don't last long enough to make it worth slotting). Effective dodging is the key with any class, not just rogues, in avoiding CC but you have to know it's coming in which isn't very obvious unless you're 1-on-1 with another. As for damage I'm not sure if rogue is overpowered as I haven't done pvp at 60 yet where I actually have a bit of purple gear (the founder weapon and a trade bar weapon) but at lower levels I could be taken out by a CW in the time it took for one of his holds to wear off (no ItC power meant no way to escape CC) and well if a CW and TR teamed up on me I was doomed from CC actions. ItC breaks a current CC and gives a short-term resist to others but in pvp it's cooldown isn't short enough to be useful more than once in a fight. I admit at least the CW and TR probably need some pvp tweaks but only if they can alter how powers work in pvp without it affecting pve, and also only if it's taken into consideration that the effectiveness of them is often dependant on gear and choice in powers, especially once more paragon paths come out (since ItC is tied to the only PP currently available to TR so if they choose a different PP they may not get a CC-breaker).
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    nice update but hoping you guys will start addressing some of the class issues ( mainly great weapon fighter ............) and im talking PVE not pvp
  • Options
    edward7012edward7012 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix the AH fine searches trying to find gear for level range 40-43 and it still shows everything so I have to go thought lots of pages.
    Also the main search box in AH let me please just add the name and press search rather then also trying to find where it has to go such as equipment.
    And also please let me shift click the item and that will put it in the search box.

This will keep me very happy idd

Also Idris killing the boss is okay but it doesn't complete the questline

Also allow us to queue for lower level instances there are still some I need to finish but have to walk there etc and manually find my own group
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of needing a fix since I bugged and put in a GM ticket with no response: Any idea what's up with the Bloodlines MR racial quest? The door can't be entered though it sparkles, looks like the object for the door is behind an "invisible wall" along the edge of the zone.
  • Options
    hazukashlhazukashl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not look at buffing the defenses of the GF class?

While I agree that the CW and TR are strong they do kind of need to be...when faced with the amount of defense they personally have...when they get hit its a mack truck on a baby deer sometimes... so maybe the GWF and GF just need to have the mitigations raised a little? rather than taking the venom out of the snake...
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Fixed a client lockup with certain power interactions.
    Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.
    [/LIST]

ZOMG NO MOAR Rogues disconnecting me? Oh sweet, sweet joy. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haha well there goes the Foundry system instead of limiting people to doing a specific foundry quests once per day and not repeating it or finding a way to make it so mobs cant get stuck in pens. They reduce the XP earned..

I am willing to bet that foundry becomes a ghost town and no one will use it.

They said the fix shouldn't affect normal dungeons so I doubt it was a blanket XP nerf. I could see them possibly putting a per quest XP cap though that could be tricky as the length it takes to clear a map should have a proportionate reward. Since the commonly mentioned exploits people have listed are pens and cliffs it's possible they put in a mechanic to reduce the XP gained from environmental death or if the mob isn't able to path to the player (so say the mob gives 10xp normally, if they're knocked off a cliff and the fall kills them they only award 5xp, and if they can't path to the player maybe they only give 1xp).
This discussion has been closed.