test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The BoE epic loots from bosses totally killed the game for me

Comments

• Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, its the worst thing about this game, its the most pay to win fantasy mmo i've ever played. Its usually going to come down to rich people loving it, non-rich people not liking it, I figure. Not always, but usually.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zrye1977 wrote: »
    That's fine, But what exactly are you going to do to get Astral Diamonds? Dailies? Auction house Trading? i'm not sure what way you can earn AD's with at 60 short of dailies and being a AH Trader,
    Let's see:

Skirmish Hour (complete a skirmish while this is going on for 1k AD)
    One of the 6 or so different daily quests
    Using the Leadership Profession (many of the tasks reward AD)
    Selling stuff on the AH
    Invocation
  • Options
    loonavercity1loonavercity1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Urgh! This sounds like a game killing scenario. I'm still downloading but reading this has dampened my spirits a lot. It kind of makes the whole thing seem pointless and unsatisfying...
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zrye1977 wrote: »
    I dont particularly understand why people like the BoE epics in their game. You're going to have excactly what's going on in Tera if you stay with this model. Evenetually new players will be alienated and be forced to grind Astral Diamonds instead of running instances like they should to progress for gear, cause the playerbase will all of a sudden dictate that you must have gear with an item level higher than the instance you're running requires, just look at Tera's endgame, case in point right there.
    Not to mention if you can just buy your way to the best gear? Why even play? Just buy everything, run a couple instances, get bored cause nothing you need drops cause you have everything you can possibly want. that just sounds boring to me.
    This. Not only will BoE epics create the notion that you have to have the instance gear in order to run the instance, it also wrecks the endgame by making you farm AD. Plus it encourages ninja rolls because those epics will sell like hotcakes for quite a while. So yes, this is a poor, poor design choice, the mere concept itself is horrible.
    But I suppose it makes sense for PWI. People buy zen, trade for AD, then buy into their endgame, and will have spent a juicy amount of money. Makes me glad to have two friends I run this game with, that way we can do dungeons mostly at our own pace and assist each other with rolls if the ninjaing gets too bad.
  • Options
    darqiondarqion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even WoW had such silly requirements. I remember returning to WoW last expansion and hit max lvl. Wanted to gear up on some of the normal 80? dungeons, and people were complaining about my gear.. These people were in full epics just doing it from the insignias or whatever it is you get.

They really just need to make stuff BoP and only have need rolls on items you can equip.. But who knows what path they`ll take
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefer BoE to BoP

This way i do not have to do the same stupid instance 1000's of times to get one particular piece of gear. It also provides:
    - A source of income for players. Good players can run dungeons and get items to sell
    - A source of community for guildies and friends. We can share our loot.
    - A shortcut to gearscore for those who do not have the time needed to put in to grind gear out.

And yes im aware of the following downsides:

- A shortcut to gearscore. So somebody can power leve lto 60, buy all the items and take on a epic dungeon while clearly having no idea what they are doing
    - An opening for gold farmers to abuse the system by offering 'gearscore' gear.
    - An opening for the elite to grind dungeons and get very, very rich abusing the diamond trade system. Which in turn raises the price level for everybody else.
    - A need everything mentality in public groups.

Theres plenty to be discussed here, but my opinion is that I prefer being able to get the loot and share with my five man team of friends so that we can quickly get ourselves outfitted instead of having to do the same dull instance hundreds of times to find that one last drop.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    scandi13scandi13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A game killer for me, I wish I had known this prior to paying for founders pack. My luck on rolls is bad enough and the thought of losing every drop to people who want to sell the items or use on alts is too disheartening. A lesson learned though, any future MMO's will not get any money from me until I know every detail of the game.
  • Options
    loonavercity1loonavercity1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I quite like relying on RNG for 'that one last drop'. Grinding and working for gear is what makes these games more addictive. Without that, it seems utterly pointless. Diablo 3 f***ked up here too. I think WoW has a good system for loot. The BoE epics occur infrequently and you can only roll on gear that is suited to your toon. If you roll need on a BoE, it becomes bound. This eliminates a lot of ninja looting.
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand the problem.

If you want progression based gear, you can and SHOULD choose to not buy anything from the auction house. Grind your gear old-school, the only perk you will get is higher geared players to choose from. And since people speak of Tera... People who want challenge and progression simply grind Nexus, grind ACHM, grind queen... Some people buy gear but run dungeons to simply beat the harder content. Tera's problem is the fact that they have 2 endgame dungeons only and only a couple of grind dungeons. Simply not enough content for how old the game is, period.

You can choose to progress through grinding dungeons. You get points to buy gear if you do not win the rolls. I don't think those have the set bonuses though. Cloak Tower, for example, if you bother with the extra chests, you get 12 seals and 1 class based purple item. I still don't know if this was the dungeon delver chest or the flower/crystal chest. Nonetheless... progression is there for you.

You want to stay competitive? What does that mean?! We are talking pve, nobody is forcing you to gear up for top epics at the same pace with anyone throwing AD at the AH. You are your own enemy here. Why do you care someone spent 100 bux and got some purple gear from the AH?!?! Why does that have anything to do with your enjoyment of PVE content?!?!

Complain about people rolling need on non-class purples, sure. Even if gear was BoP, the idiots would still roll need if the button was there. So the two issues are not related.
    You might have a slight leg to stand on complaining about pvp, but I will never understand the epeen types that cannot enjoy the game if they are not in top 5. But last I heard, we don't even have leaderboards. Are you crying because person X bought gear on AH and wiped the floor with you? LOL.

Tera has BOP top pvp gear. The top pure pvp gear you have to grind mats that are character-locked. You grind them from Nexus and doing pvp. The top pvp/pve gear requires the same mats PLUS recipes (not bound) PLUS quills (bound, from hardest dungeon in game).
    If you want top pvp charts, you have to grind yourself. In Tera PVP arena was killed by the people who were there from beta in top pvp/pve gear and nobody can compete with them who just started the game a couple months ago. Arena is for all intents and purposes dead. BoP top pvp gear is not enough to save any pvp nor can BoE gear alone kill anything.

Please do not blame BoE gear for any ailments with any game. No game forces you to grind currency to buy, you still have all the options of grinding content. If you would simply stop looking at what other people are doing, perhaps you'd enjoy the game more.

Nobody has ever been happy in an mmo when all they do is worry about what the other guy is doing. The ones crying about others buying gear, the ones crying about others being OP... they all sound like miserable people ruining their own game experience.
    And so do you, OP.
  • Options
    curs3dflamecurs3dflame Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foxwater wrote: »
    I prefer BoE to BoP

This way i do not have to do the same stupid instance 1000's of times to get one particular piece of gear. It also provides:
    - A source of income for players. Good players can run dungeons and get items to sell
    - A source of community for guildies and friends. We can share our loot.
    - A shortcut to gearscore for those who do not have the time needed to put in to grind gear out.

And yes im aware of the following downsides:

- A shortcut to gearscore. So somebody can power leve lto 60, buy all the items and take on a epic dungeon while clearly having no idea what they are doing
    - An opening for gold farmers to abuse the system by offering 'gearscore' gear.
    - An opening for the elite to grind dungeons and get very, very rich abusing the diamond trade system. Which in turn raises the price level for everybody else.
    - A need everything mentality in public groups.

Theres plenty to be discussed here, but my opinion is that I prefer being able to get the loot and share with my five man team of friends so that we can quickly get ourselves outfitted instead of having to do the same dull instance hundreds of times to find that one last drop.
    I pretty much abhore the current BoE system, I would much have preffered what someone mentioned that Need Roll : BoP and Greed Roll : BoE since this would allow the system to work like it does now but gives people who needs it inside the dungeon group priority. (wouldn't work if you could unbind it I suppose though)
    But guys seriously you can't say : "Disregard this serious error in the fundamental instance loot mechanic and bypass it by running with people you know", we need the issue fixed one way or the other having a workaround works fine in the meantime but a lot of players will most likely not have enough "friends" online at any one time to have enough for a group.
    And people can only stand loosing their items to other classes so many times before they just give up and stop playing. (the semi-hardcores might just start needing on everything then, but this will just escelate the problem untill it's an accepted practice and everyone does it)
  • Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    I could not wait to be 60 so I can go epic dungeons... but... this thing... man, I dont even talk about it. This killed the game for me. I feel there is no point doing PvE concent.

Very bad design choice.
    How is it bad design? It's the perfect design. Why? Because the content is there for people who have time to do the content and there is an option to buy gear if you don't have the time.

Nobody is forcing you to even use the AH so again.. How is this bad design? Because people who can't spend 400 hours a week playing the game can get the gear without spending that many hours? Get a job and some obligations and come back and tell me it's poor design.
  • Options
    holysheetmanomgholysheetmanomg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    testing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    holysheetmanomgholysheetmanomg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok - hmmm....
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    darqion wrote: »
    Even WoW had such silly requirements. I remember returning to WoW last expansion and hit max lvl. Wanted to gear up on some of the normal 80? dungeons, and people were complaining about my gear.. These people were in full epics just doing it from the insignias or whatever it is you get.

They really just need to make stuff BoP and only have need rolls on items you can equip.. But who knows what path they`ll take

The cataclysm ones? those were so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor easy that it was hilarious, chances are, you didn't have some of the most useful addons like "insidiafails" or whatnot where it automatically records the ****ty performance of a player and then awards them based on it with a nice run down of their stupidity. And that your teammates were the real reason why you were getting given out to.

The amount of times healers would just mindlessly spam me with their largest heal, on my then CTC capped paladin tank... and then get gang banged by mobs, despite me having every possible shortcut addon and dexterity in pulling the mobs back off them with taunts. Folks are just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sometimes.
    hydraham wrote: »
    How is it bad design? It's the perfect design. Why? Because the content is there for people who have time to do the content and there is an option to buy gear if you don't have the time.

Nobody is forcing you to even use the AH so again.. How is this bad design? Because people who can't spend 400 hours a week playing the game can get the gear without spending that many hours? Get a job and some obligations and come back and tell me it's poor design.

People perceive this as being penalized for not using the AH because it's a large source of income for market players but as many will tell you, they'd rather just play the game as opposed to play as a day trader and flip items like burgers. The problem is the fact that you, as a "alleged" hard working individual with obligations as you claim, don't want to get left behind in it. Somewhere along the line, someone confused "The grind for gear to get into content is too long and time consuming" with "We should now pay for accelerated gear acquisition and be as greedy as we can be" and that lazy decision making that enabled it, is what you're looking at in many badly made games, NWO is a well made game, but it's monetization is ridiculous mostly. There's no rush to get to endgame, there's no rush to be geared, and yet that's EXACTLY the reasoning behind players with obligations as you claim.

So who's wrong? Me for stating, relax it's not a race? or you for wanting a paid for shortcut in a game?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mistaken double post.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So all of this complaining is because the top gear isn't gated to the 1%?

There are plenty of games like that today, why make yet another one? And if you get really pissed off because some guy bought a pixel with pixel currency, you might want to reevaluate your life.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

There are plenty of games like that today, why make yet another one? And if you get really pissed off because some guy bought a pixel with pixel currency, you might want to reevaluate your life.

90% of statistics are made up on the spot, just saying. Hopefully though, that wasn't a sarcy remark at me "again" because that would mean you ignored the entire "It's mistaking a problem in gear acquisition speed, as an excuse to sell gear outright for cash" portion of my post.

also, integrity is a thing, wanting it preserved in game design should be at least some part of a motivation for a gamer, while I try to avoid the slippery slope fallacy, there are times when I see "someone buying virtual armor" at least for functionality as opposed to aesthetics, which I've continually stated is FINE and not an issue, as taking some aspect of gaming and diminishing it for a quick buck because someone is too impatient to just play the game and resents their lack of time to invest, which is more indicative as you stated, of a healthy professional and personal life. In otherwords paying to keep up with no-lifers, is not something anyone should aspire to.
  • Options
    scandi13scandi13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's not that people are buying gear that is the problem, it's that the gear they are buying is being sold by people who deprived others who were actually spending their time and energy to earn the gear, and just had bad luck on a roll. Why is it more fair that someone with money can buy the item versus a more fair rolling system that rewards effort.
  • Options
    weavingharp9weavingharp9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stormdrag0n, while I kind of understand the people that like the BoE system(Working fella myself) I truly dislike the idea, not because people can get their loot on their auction house or because people will be making more money on the auction house(<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the global economy fyi) BUT it's for the simple reason that public groups are doomed to fail! You will need to do your runs with friends if you dont want everyone rolling on everything! This elliminates the whole Greed&Need system!

- I dont care if people get all the money and gear in the world BUT I do get pissed when a Control Wizard or Trickster Rogue rolls need on that epic greatsword i really wanted just so that they can sell it and make a few bucks on the auction house!
  • Options
    gillman58gillman58 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People who are playing this game are seasoned vet's of the genre, for the most part. So that ever present rush to max level will ruin this game for them. I'm a very casual MMO player. I've been playing since early head-start; My highest toon is lv-25. But even at my snail's pace, I'll be level capped in no time. Without a reason to play at end game is going to be the biggest nemesis of NW. I don't think they can pump out the content, classes, pvp maps,bugs, balances, etc., fast enough. Also, the HEAVY handed instancing in NW is really taking away from building a growing community on-line.

I dunno guys, I hope it works itself out, but I have doubts.
  • Options
    curs3dflamecurs3dflame Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scandi13 wrote: »
    It's not that people are buying gear that is the problem, it's that the gear they are buying is being sold by people who deprived others who were actually spending their time and energy to earn the gear, and just had bad luck on a roll. Why is it more fair that someone with money can buy the item versus a more fair rolling system that rewards effort.

Yes even if only people of the class that can wear the item can roll need, that will still bring plenty of extra items to the trade house.
    And perhaps for example : there are 2 rogues rolling on gear in a dungeon, even if one of them have full epic and is only rolling to sell.
    Then at least the guy that doesn't have it only has to compete against 1 other player, instead of having to roll against every other player in every dungeon he runs (even if he is the only one able to wear the item in question)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep posting my solution for this (which is really good) but it keeps getting drowned in the mass of posts:

Let only classes that can use an item NEED on it, but any items NEEDed on become bound to character and cannot be unbound.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    90% of statistics are made up on the spot, just saying. Hopefully though, that wasn't a sarcy remark at me "again" because that would mean you ignored the entire "It's mistaking a problem in gear acquisition speed, as an excuse to sell gear outright for cash" portion of my post.

Nope not at you, more to the guy who came right out and said he had a issue with it.
  • Options
    kolrethkolreth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dark age of camelot had that sort of thing too, but it never kill the game. OH look, WOW did it too with their game back in the day

Was raiding in vanilla WoW 2 months from launch, very few bits of end game gear were BOE. 2 out of 8 per tier, if there were any at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Stormdrag0n, while I kind of understand the people that like the BoE system(Working fella myself) I truly dislike the idea, not because people can get their loot on their auction house or because people will be making more money on the auction house(<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the global economy fyi) BUT it's for the simple reason that public groups are doomed to fail! You will need to do your runs with friends if you dont want everyone rolling on everything! This elliminates the whole Greed&Need system!

- I dont care if people get all the money and gear in the world BUT I do get pissed when a Control Wizard or Trickster Rogue rolls need on that epic greatsword i really wanted just so that they can sell it and make a few bucks on the auction house!

No I get that and honestly I am not a fan of that either and when the game was first in development there were suppose to be class locked drops where each time you did a Dungeon something (that had the chance of being very nice) dropped for your class.

Well there was holy hell about it on the forums, the DDO people, and the WoW raider contingent yelled about everyone winning made few special olympics remarks, and now here we are. I think honestly if you could only roll on your classes gear it would be much better or if they would implement the class drops.
  • Options
    zrye1977zrye1977 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    I don't understand the problem.

If you want progression based gear, you can and SHOULD choose to not buy anything from the auction house. Grind your gear old-school, the only perk you will get is higher geared players to choose from. And since people speak of Tera... People who want challenge and progression simply grind Nexus, grind ACHM, grind queen... Some people buy gear but run dungeons to simply beat the harder content. Tera's problem is the fact that they have 2 endgame dungeons only and only a couple of grind dungeons. Simply not enough content for how old the game is, period.

You can choose to progress through grinding dungeons. You get points to buy gear if you do not win the rolls. I don't think those have the set bonuses though. Cloak Tower, for example, if you bother with the extra chests, you get 12 seals and 1 class based purple item. I still don't know if this was the dungeon delver chest or the flower/crystal chest. Nonetheless... progression is there for you.

You want to stay competitive? What does that mean?! We are talking pve, nobody is forcing you to gear up for top epics at the same pace with anyone throwing AD at the AH. You are your own enemy here. Why do you care someone spent 100 bux and got some purple gear from the AH?!?! Why does that have anything to do with your enjoyment of PVE content?!?!

Complain about people rolling need on non-class purples, sure. Even if gear was BoP, the idiots would still roll need if the button was there. So the two issues are not related.
    You might have a slight leg to stand on complaining about pvp, but I will never understand the epeen types that cannot enjoy the game if they are not in top 5. But last I heard, we don't even have leaderboards. Are you crying because person X bought gear on AH and wiped the floor with you? LOL.

Tera has BOP top pvp gear. The top pure pvp gear you have to grind mats that are character-locked. You grind them from Nexus and doing pvp. The top pvp/pve gear requires the same mats PLUS recipes (not bound) PLUS quills (bound, from hardest dungeon in game).
    If you want top pvp charts, you have to grind yourself. In Tera PVP arena was killed by the people who were there from beta in top pvp/pve gear and nobody can compete with them who just started the game a couple months ago. Arena is for all intents and purposes dead. BoP top pvp gear is not enough to save any pvp nor can BoE gear alone kill anything.

Please do not blame BoE gear for any ailments with any game. No game forces you to grind currency to buy, you still have all the options of grinding content. If you would simply stop looking at what other people are doing, perhaps you'd enjoy the game more.

Nobody has ever been happy in an mmo when all they do is worry about what the other guy is doing. The ones crying about others buying gear, the ones crying about others being OP... they all sound like miserable people ruining their own game experience.
    And so do you, OP.

Okay, Technically you arent forced to do anything. But lets look at what the majority of the playerbase does in games like that, In tera, when i came back i had some Tier 12 gear that was enchanted, And i had some nexus' under my belt and so on, I went into ACNM to try and do a little grinding, I got kicked a total of 3 times because my weapon didnt glow. that's basically 3 hours i spend doing absolutely nothing, If you think that the player base doesnt dictate what you have to do in order to even be apart of the most mediocre content in the game, i'm sorry but your mistaken. It's a known issue and the reason why many people have quit Tera after reaching max level.

In order to get anything done in Tera, i just had to wait till 10pm every night save wednesday to do a nexus run in which i had to turn around and sell scrolls to get around 3-4k gold. plus dailies i had an income of about 5k per day, which is nothing in that game.

It's a side effect of the company trying to keep a steady cash flow going, and players who do not get in on the ground floor while content is new, will be left out to dry and alienated by the community for not having what they view as an easy buy on the Auction House.
  • Options
    kitty1221kitty1221 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Herro :3

I would like to bring up a point.. Why do you farm the gear in the first place?
    In my experience.. It's usually to do the most dps, right? Or have the bragging rights.. No? Maybe it's to conquer people in PvP? Or perhaps just to make a quick buck on the AH.. From all of the posts I've read on the last 12 pages.. It looks to me like there are many-a-gamer out there that aren't Always Sunny.. See what I did there? ;) From what I can tell, the problem stems from people being greedy all around. Greed from wanting a piece of loot they deserve... Greed from wanting a piece of loot that they can sell... Greed from wanting a piece of loot for the BRAGGING RIGHTS... Ultimately, the gear is going to be there for you to CONQUER, it isn't going anywhere.. Just because some rich guy got it before you.. SO frakin' what? Just means you have more content to see, more of this absolutely BEAUTIFUL game to progress through, and when you actually get the gear that you DESERVE, you'll be that much of a better of a player for it. You will KNOW the mechanics, the quirks, the EVERYTHING! Knowledge is power my friends.. So quit'cher *****in', you'll be the one with the STORIES to tell and the ADVICE to give when it comes right down to it. And from what I've seen so far, NWO is going to NEED people like that. You'll be a frakin' commodity! Not some griefer on a forum. Man up and fill the role. Play the game as it was meant to be played! If you don't agree with paying for it, then don't! Haha! It's that simple! ::pushes Staples button:: *That was easy!*

Cheers ^.^
  • Options
    ch0keslamch0keslam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We could protest? Occupy Neverwinter! :D
  • Options
    banandan1banandan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game isn't as much for me as i thought then, which is fine.. I like it better to have to work through challenges for some things. I hoped this would be the case, as the combat, classes and the dungeons are really fun as they take time and get more challenging.

The whole "i want to be able to have the best gear even though i suck balls and have little time" is just.. meh.. (in my opinion)
    And dont give me "you can still do it the way you want", because that's just not my point.. i want to play the same meta game as everyone else when it comes to some things, and YES i want to be able to show that i'm a better player and have accomplished more.
    It should show that! Not in form of a ****ing lame achievement that says i killed a boss while grabbing my balls continously for 10 seconds! It doesn't give me **** if that's all! (maybe im greedy?.. whatever)
    Give me some hardware for my dedication and time that some ****ty player just cant buy off AH because he thinks its so fun that he can play the game in that ****ty way! There's just alot of easyer stuff in the game(s) those players can do.
    Just a ****ed up trend that goes on and on to give the better and dedicated players less and less "exclusive" stuff (im not saying dedicated = good).
    Call me an elitist <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or whatever but the whole point in games for ME, is trying to be better than others and show off! Skipping to the AH with your wallet is just..

Before you think im some super elite ninja player that has all the time in the world, let me tell you that im not! I rarely/never get the best gear, i'm rarely/never the best player in my guilds and i'm cerantly not the guy that doesn't have a life outside of MMO's! Also, im not winning any rolls! Anyone else? :P
    I simply like a challenging game where there's certain things you HAVE to do to get the best stuff, may it be doing the same dungeon 30 times to get that rare drop, or struggle to beat a boss for hours.

I respect other opinions and im fine with this probably not being the game i hoped it would be, i just felt like being honest about what makes a game good for me even though it may have made look like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No I get that and honestly I am not a fan of that either and when the game was first in development there were suppose to be class locked drops where each time you did a Dungeon something (that had the chance of being very nice) dropped for your class.

Well there was holy hell about it on the forums, the DDO people, and the WoW raider contingent yelled about everyone winning made few special olympics remarks, and now here we are. I think honestly if you could only roll on your classes gear it would be much better or if they would implement the class drops.

Ah WoW mentality, see this is where I can get on the sarcy boat with you and offer to help row it while you man the flame cannon. That game is so full of welfare gear, and lack of effort needed to get to the end of the game due to TERRIBLE design direction, that it's coming out their rear ends. And yet, when you're offered some level appropriate gear for your effort in a dungeon outside the rolls in this game, they apparently leap on the offensive and start shooting their mouth off...

Which then makes me think however, that perhaps they're NOT in fact ignorant wow players, but in reality... Just players that like to grief with loot rolls... and having players awarded guaranteed moderately statted gear closes up some of the desperate need for gear supply via habitual needing to then post on the AH. /tinfoilhat