test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Status Updates

Comments

• lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Forgive me, as its been a while since I played most of these. These are the ones I can remember playing:
    Allods
    Atlantica Online
    Cabal Online
    Dragon Nest
    Dragonica
    Rusty Hearts
    Dungeon Fighter Online
    Battle of Immortals
    DDO
    LotRO free to play
    Fiesta Online
    Granado Espada
    LaTale
    ROSE Online
    Runes of Magic
    Vindictus
    Rift
    Grand Fantasia

DDO, Rift, and LoTRO all had wipes after OB. DDO and LoTRO started off as pay models so they did have the traditional wipes after OB.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neener, neener Direcrow. Guess I HAVE played ****. LOL!

Furthermore, every Cryptic-made MMOG started Live with a headstart period for people who payed large sums of money. Do the math.

Read my last post moron.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • tacc666tacc666 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the good work, bring it back as soon as possible :P
  • xblackxabyssxxblackxabyssx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    Yeah, you kinda got us there. If anyone here remembers old Multi User Dungeons (basically a chat room D&D style) then you're as old and seasoned as I am...
    i used to play muds and im only 29
  • redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013

When I played muds we had to walk uphill both ways with onions on our belts to keep the vampires away.
  • sanderkeunlsanderkeunl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    appreciate that you guys lets us know whats going on and dont let us into the dark..
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah, MUDs didn't really start to die out until late 90's. There's still a few groups that run them though if anyone was to want to get back into it.
  • wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013

what exact age classifies a seasoned person?
  • dragos8888dragos8888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ty Guys for taking your Family time too get the game working again.....This is the first time ever that I know of people responding so quick too a problem in a game.....
    With people like u running a good game like this can only make it spectacular!!!!

TY Again :)
  • abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

lol i remember muds.....Gemstone was a good one
  • bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I don't have permission to make a new thread on General Discussion. Anyone care to start a thread concerning the games people have played? Might drag out some old ones we never remembered?
  • neanderthalmanneanderthalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not an age but an understanding if you need to ask then you don't have it
  • arielluariellu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have we built a better mouse trap yet?
  • malorndmalornd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    creiti wrote: »
    full name of this please?
    Planetside 2. Sorry, should have mentioned it.
  • mirarkittymirarkitty Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    LotRO free to play

LoTRO most certainly had a wipe after open beta. LoTRO F2P test was on a special beta server, but that was closed *and* wiped.

Lineage 2 didn't wipe, IIRC.

But all the other ones I tried wiped after open beta...

(Sorry about off-topic, but I'm bored too.)
  • lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    redscare82 wrote: »
    When I played muds we had to walk uphill both ways with onions on our belts to keep the vampires away.

You were eaten by vampires at least a few times eh?
  • redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013

31.3, +/- 1.4
  • effingseriouseffingserious Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redscare82 wrote: »

/opendoor
    /checkforvampires
    /useonion
    /usestake
    /slayvampire
    /openchest

Easynp.
  • psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys please.. let's all be friends
    tumblr_mebiugBpDZ1qezk6n.gif
    :)
  • aurwangraurwangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When can we see the server to be back up again?
    edited May 2013
    lol i remember muds.....Gemstone was a good one

Gemstone wasn't just a good one, Gemstone was the best. If they'd stop trying to get a monthly fee for it I might even play it again.
  • grummitgrummit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will the servers ever come up in neverwinter?

Magic 8 Ball says "Ask again later"
  • raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Exclamation Server Status Updates

Hey everyone!

We're aware that the servers are inaccessible at the moment and are investigating. Thanks for bearing with us!

We'll update this post with more info as soon as we have it.

Thanks again!

Update 1 (1:25AM PDT): We believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!
    Update 2 (1:37AM PDT): We are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3 (1:51AM PDT): We are going through the necessary steps to bring the shards online and ensure stability. Thanks for sticking with us!
    Update 4 (2:14AM PDT): We're still working on making the shards available for everyone and are getting closer to having an ETA for you. Thanks!
    Update 5 (2:43AM PDT): We're still working on making the servers available for everyone, and will share more details just as soon as we have them. Thanks!

gg wp dude ur the best 126273 seconds we have been waiting ........................................
  • gordrogordro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that the game is in open beta and that issues are to be expected.

The only difference this game will have at "launch" is the removal of the word beta
  • wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dragos8888 wrote: »
    Ty Guys for taking your Family time too get the game working again.....This is the first time ever that I know of people responding so quick too a problem in a game.....
    With people like u running a good game like this can only make it spectacular!!!!

TY Again :)

how is this family time? what about my family time? now I gotta spend my family time playing NW bcuz my servers crashed while on my NW time.
  • floppyhorsefloppyhorse Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gettin awfully close to 3 hours.

this is becoming less of an unscheduled downtime and more of an unscheduled patch.
  • abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    /opendoor
    /checkforvampires
    /useonion
    /usestake
    /slayvampire
    /openchest

Easynp.

You forgot /laytrap now some adventurer newb backstabbed you and stole your lootz!
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Honestly, it's not an age or any definable number. It's more of a diversity of game experience and an appreciation from where the industry came from. You don't have to be from the Atari/Nintendo era. I know people who are half my age but know just as much about old games as I do and 1 even has an impressive collection of NES, SNES, Genesis, etc games he picked up when a Blockbuster closed in his town and they had a fire sale, and this guy is only 20 or so.
  • kukuschikukuschi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dev .oO(installing a bot that spams 'We are working on it' every 30 minutes into this thread should keep them calm)
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone mistakenly calls this an open beta and you believed them? :rolleyes:

I've been playing MMOGs since 97 and never once have I seen an "open beta" that didn't end in a character wipe.

You do the math. :p

The news article stating we are in OB:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=877121

Some games with no-wipe OB:
    Tera, Path of Exile, APB:R

It is mostly something F2P games will do.
This discussion has been closed.