What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashed again?

Comments

• Options
    clockworksinclockworksin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of PWE's games are still in open beta, even though some have been released for years now.
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    Can someone post these numbers? I'm curious if this is true.

3, 13, 3000, 4, 42, 6^32
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Problem discovered

h09E6B87B
  • Options
    zinuxzinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

D&D Alignment test... Chaotic Neutral myself.. sigh just not evil enough :(
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redscare82 wrote: »
    3, 13, 3000, 4, 42, 6^32

wow I was just about to give him those numbers
  • Options
    psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dagrekk wrote: »
    Meanwhile...

yea but.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=356faqb9JnU
    :)
  • Options
    garonnagaronna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True neutral boy
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    This is BETA.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually think I've highlighted what is very likely the actual problem in this thread, already.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    tonttutonttu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem discovered

h09E6B87B

I just laughed so effing hard.
  • Options
    dagrekkdagrekk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem discovered

h09E6B87B

I thought those were cheese toasties. http://innocentdrinks.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451ba8c69e201543482465a970c-800wi
  • Options
    rawlanrawlan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no, THIS IS SPARTA! :P
  • Options
    habib2891habib2891 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz2KkUfVksMjxAW-oo07xIRHuPHgPrvJDnj2EA-DKhsgikIL-Y1A
    That was the closest to online game i had, so any game now even with lots of crashes is more than welcomed for me
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand that NW can have server problem because it's in beta, but why in the hell STO gets ricochet?
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter:
    Update: we are going through the necessary steps to bring the shards online and ensure stability. Thanks for sticking with us!
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zinux wrote: »

D&D Alignment test... Chaotic Neutral myself.. sigh just not evil enough :(
    This is 4'th ed that alignment doesn't exist anymore.

I think now it's: Lawful Good - Good - Neutral - Evil - Chaotic Evil
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    It's not the same server, by a long shot. It's the same server-structure, though.

Server banks house dozens of individual servers networked together to handle processes. The "Login Server" isn't even a single server on the farm, it's probably between 3 and 7 based on the maximum number of player logins at the same time.

The problem is that since each game is on the same server structure network to handle inter-game communications a really bad failure in one can propagate along the network and shut down all the servers. And the only way to find such massive errors is, of course, to have them happen and repair them.

-Rachel-

Bingo. It's funny how people assume Cryptic runs 3 MMOs on one computer box, like someone running a Minecraft server in their home.

In simplistic terms: Login/Account controller => Master Load Balancer for each game => 15-20 Zone servers in a star format for each game. Either the first server in the chain or one of the top level servers of the hierarchy, not including patchers is being overloaded and bringing down the entire network for multiple games.

As an example, the game may handled data wise on 20 different zone machines for load, but you are always tethered to one master server for authentication purposes. Persistent login data is being sent up the chain and if one of the servers goes down, especially the master authentication server, the entire system crashes.

Cryptic really needs to split the account logins to several different servers, but they're not. All 3 games share login/authentication and cross communication (mail, messaging, etc...).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bingo. It's funny how people assume Cryptic runs 3 MMOs on one computer box, like someone running a Minecraft server in their home.

In simplistic terms: Login/Account controller => Master Load Balancer for each game => 15-20 Zone servers in a star format for each game. Either the first server in the chain or one of the top level servers of the hierarchy, not including patchers is being overloaded and bringing down the entire network for multiple games.

As an example, the game may handled data wise on 20 different zone machines for load, but you are always tethered to one master server for authentication purposes. Persistent login data is being sent up the chain and if one of the servers goes down, especially the master authentication server, the entire system crashes.

Cryptic really needs to split the account logins to several different servers, but they're not. All 3 games share login/authentication and cross communication (mail, messaging, etc...).

Too many words, why would you need to try to give us all headaches, this forum is for simple and amusing posts.
  • Options
    zinuxzinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, just going go with evil then.. Yah :)
  • Options
    garonnagaronna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont rly mind with servers goin down, all i want is an ETA and a Live report of what the **** is goin on
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all you poor saps that think this is 'just new' for Cryptic...

Get used to them dropping the ball and failing hardcore. If you think this will be any better because it bears your precious Dungeons and Dragons IP, you're sadly mistaken. They can't stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up in Star Trek or Champions. Give this game a year, and it'll be a catastrofart of bugs, bad customer service, and constant 'whoopsies'.

If Cryptic were in Game of Thrones, their house words would be 'sorry for the inconvenience' and their sigil would be a monkey farting on a tambourine.
  • Options
    roakenxroakenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    Twitter:
    Update: we are going through the necessary steps to bring the shards online and ensure stability. Thanks for sticking with us!

**** you twitter and your occasional usefulness!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Get used to them dropping the ball and failing hardcore. If you think this will be any better because it bears your precious Dungeons and Dragons IP, you're sadly mistaken. They can't stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up in Star Trek or Champions. Give this game a year, and it'll be a catastrofart of bugs, bad customer service, and constant 'whoopsies'.

If Cryptic were in Game of Thrones, their house words would be 'sorry for the inconvenience' and their sigil would be a monkey farting on a tambourine.

You're very angry for a man who keeps playing the game apparently. Why else would you be aware of the issue and posting?
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're very angry for a man who keeps playing the game apparently. Why else would you be aware of the issue and posting?

As of this morning, Neverworking online was deleted from my computer. The ONLY salvagable part of Champions Online is the roleplaying. If I want to play a REAL game, I play Guild Wars 2- they have this awesome feature where they don't f**k stuff up all the time, it's pretty cool. You should try it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Hadn't played Star Trek or Champions, but heard of them so I was happy to see an mmo come out with a reputable past. To bad that past sux. Meh, it's not like anyone else is doing it right. (aside from ironed out games)
  • Options
    tonttutonttu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic just needs to hire a few OCD Asians to fix their sloppy system.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013

**** I got Lawful good
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (27)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
    Lawful Evil
    XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Chaotic Evil ---- XXXX (4)

Law & Chaos:
    Law
    XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Chaos --- XXXX (4)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Evil ---- (0)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a loot table worth caring about and the through away the trinity of classes. Not quite comparable games play... GW2 is dead to me
  • Options
    psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_m0phpqyNtk1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As of this morning, Neverworking online was deleted from my computer. The ONLY salvagable part of Champions Online is the roleplaying. If I want to play a REAL game, I play Guild Wars 2- they have this awesome feature where they don't f**k stuff up all the time, it's pretty cool. You should try it.

Guild Wars 2? Ya I was into that before it was cool, but its too mainstream now. I'm already playing GW3 where I can actually get zone completions because they fixed the neverending list of bugs.
This discussion has been closed.