Install Arc
Options

Crashed again?

Comments

• Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm a big STO player, and love that game, but this has totally taken me for the past few days. Most especially the Foundry here, since it's far more engaging than most STO Foundry missions; let's face it, online games are mostly combat, and fantastic storytelling and combat belong here more than they do in the Trek universe. I'm also enjoying those little tweaks to the engine and such that I keep running into. For a F2P (and thinly veiled P2W) game, it's been well done so far.

As to the problems of the past two evenings, if you've been around this long, then you know this kind of random crashing is simply Cryptic SOP for the past year or so. I don't expect them to have it totally ironed out until late this month after the new STO expansion launches and dies down.

It's definitely possible, but given that Neverwinter has been in production and Alpha/Beta for the past 2 years or so I'm guessing most of the other crashes have been because of this game being structured for the multi-game server architecture.

If you remember, Atari originally wanted it to launch has a LAN based multiplayer game. They had to revamp huge swaths of the engine structure to change it over to an MMO once PWE purchased the rights and shifted the game's focus. That means internal testing on the server farm to try and get it functional with all the changes.

So all those other major server crashes of the past year were probably Neverwinter in it's nascent stages of being altered for Online play rather than LAN play. And these last few crashes are most likely the leftover rumblings of those same errors that existed previously.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    blathmblathm Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ServerDownGC.jpg
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing like having a beta test crash two live games to liven up your night!

We probably shouldn't call this open beta though. Its all but released. Lets call it a gamma test. Because it just blew up the federation and made countless people hulk out. ;)

lol,lol,lol,lol
  • Options
    sulexsulex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    biskit85biskit85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    *update*
    A Control Wizzard nearly died in pvp, We estimate to have this issue resolved within the hour. Thankyou for your patience.

Been following this thread for about an hour with not really much to add but just had to say "Lol"

Thank you and good morning sir
    L60 Devoted Cleric ~ Dragon
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah we don't all live in the middle of no where. Welcome to the city!!

Oh believe me I dont live in the middle of no where, I am very much in the city, that didnt stop me from walking to the creek tho. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= "I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I only know what I can do." ~ James T. Kirk =/\=
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    serversdown.jpg?w=550
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some chuckles s6zEh.gif
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the eu and just switched everything on. - I'd like to thank the devs for having the downtime during the early morning hours here whilst we are sleeping. It's morning now, so about right for getting the servers back up.
    Now about that lag......
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    wgm88wgm88 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    Cry more. It's beta.

And another one.. youve got no idea what a beta test is...
    PWE has only BETA games.. but in a real beta you are not allowed to see the full content and do what ever you like.. also there wouldn be real money involved and.. the chars would be resetet... so please...... s t h u :D

Like there games but by that amount of money people put in iam deeply disapointed with there server handling =)
  • Options
    carlbobocarlbobo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are the server's down?
    "I game therefore I am."
    Proud member of the Order of the Silver Rose
    http://orderofthesilverrose.enjin.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    5-Things-to-do-while-the-Diablo-3-servers-are-down-1086153.jpg
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    carlbobo wrote: »

Very Good Question?
  • Options
    bulls9bulls9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another ten minutes on the sidelines
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Is this a tryout to join team EA, perfectworld, you don't need them man. You can make it on your own.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    server-down.jpg
  • Options
    nostalgiamannostalgiaman Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The caffeine wore off.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    Twitter:
    Update: we are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
    Extremely useful info.... I feel so much more informed now!!!
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blathm wrote: »
    serversdown.jpg?w=550

so why is the server.. oh.. um. nvm i'll stick my own buissnes
    :)
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Dummy don't you realize that more than half the people playing this game don't live in America.

I didnt say anything about anyone being from anywhere, so I dunno where you are coming off with saying that. All I said was that it was 3am where I was, you just took what I said out of context.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= "I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I only know what I can do." ~ James T. Kirk =/\=
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to write Obama, he'll deal with this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mcgyver Dev xD
    Awesome.. to bad that people with skills like that wouldnt work for corps like this ^^
  • Options
    evanowensxxevanowensxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cuz it's beta, doncha know?
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redscare82 wrote: »
    I'm going to write Obama, he'll deal with this.

It's probably more important to him than any actual problems our country has.
  • Options
    psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blathm wrote: »
    5-Things-to-do-while-the-Diablo-3-servers-are-down-1086153.jpg

was-excited-to-play-diablo-3-until-sidious-executed-error-37.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

I know, I'm glad others see the importance of the Neverwinter servers being down. Lets hope on our rascals and march (roll) on the white house.
  • Options
    dagrekkdagrekk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile...

33lcglt.jpg
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zurganus wrote: »
    Originally Posted by maho4200
    Dummy don't you realize that more than half the people playing this game don't live in America.

Can someone post these numbers? I'm curious if this is true.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

your country?^^ witch one? America or the US Corp.? XD
    its about MONEY .. so i would say go 4 it ;D maybe youve got lucky
This discussion has been closed.