Install Arc
Options

Crashed again?

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ruffist wrote: »
    I don't think anyone feels special. Did they invite this many people during the closed beta? Nope. So this "Open Beta" is a great time to test server stability and traffic.

That's cute and fine and all, but it's crashing other games being played by people who want nothing to do with this steaming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Hey, GW2 is better.
  • Options
    vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server Status: Due to imminent total annhilation, we will be changing the name to NeverWorking, or EverCrash, or EpicFailure
  • Options
    soverrrsoverrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    error37.jpg

Oh gawd, the memories! they buuuurn!
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blathm wrote: »

OMFG LOL that was ****in funny
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, hotshot- it's Crashing ALL Cryptic/PWE games. And this isn't a real 'open beta'. The game is done, they're just calling it open beta to make you feel special.

Welcome to Cryptic.

No. It's open beta because of crashes and glitches and errors like this or like some of the Feats not stacking appropriately or socketing bonuses only stacking with non-identical bonuses.

It's open beta because the game isn't launch-ready. It's a -very- polished beta, but it's still beta.

You are right about it sucking hard that CO and STO are both going down with NW, but that's a function of their server architecture to allow for cross-game chat and interaction utilizing the same hardware.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep, champions just went cactus too.

first I got unable to authenticate when logging in, now I'm getting unable to contact update patch.
    welcome to Cryptic's one server for all
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lexdevlexdev Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    Refurbished North Korean servers they found at a flea market.

I believe the "technical" term for those are the Missile Initiative Server Systems...or if you're in a hurry, M.I.S.S.
  • Options
    foxoramafoxorama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I love is the error message, not even a hint that it's on their end :D

Incorrecterrormessage_zps6fc205be.jpg
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    3u8m1i
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    epoch85epoch85 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maruchan instant lunch
  • Options
    evanowensxxevanowensxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing how naive some people can be. Cryptic stated that they are treating this like a launch, they aren't wiping characters, and most importantly they are accepting your money. But they thought that by calling it "open beta" people wouldn't hold them accountable. They thought right. If you want to be silly and call it beta go ahead, however it's pretty clear that they don't consider it beta, so why should you?
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its 4 am here and there isn't anything I want to do outside even in the day time....

Again a problem with todays generation. Everyone now has their heads stuck in their iphones and computers they forget what doing things outside is like. I cant ever remember spending hours in front of a computer or game as a child, everything fun was outside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= "I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I only know what I can do." ~ James T. Kirk =/\=
  • Options
    krixx73krixx73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers still Down? cant get patch launcher up
  • Options
    fenrisrules72fenrisrules72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right in the middle of Aussie peak playing time..... got to love it!
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »

It's open beta because the game isn't launch-ready. It's a -very- polished beta, but it's still beta.

-Rachel-

I'm trying real hard to believe that you're not new here.

All of Cryptic's games are in beta.

Always.

Forever.
  • Options
    endofriversendofrivers Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blathm wrote: »
    You just won the internets.
  • Options
    pufftheleafpufftheleaf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zurganus wrote: »
    Again a problem with todays generation. Everyone now has their heads stuck in their iphones and computers they forget what doing things outside is like. I cant ever remember spending hours in front of a computer or game as a child, everything fun was outside.

Yet here you are sitting in front of your computer playing this game and posting on this forum...
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i-can-fix-it.jpg
  • Options
    aldelbertaldelbert Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So can anyone tell me any other MMO that's 'open beta but definitely not soft launch despite accepting money via item shop' yet crashes so hard it takes out it's two other MMO siblings? I mean. I know plenty of MMOs that crash a lot during it's opening days but none that literally take out two other MMOs with it. Lol.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    3u8m1i

Bwahahahahaha!

Yeah. That sort of fits. I'm just tired of the whining and moaning and the lamentation of the goobers.

Every time anything goes wrong entitled jerks rant and rail on the forums about how they should be able to play because... well there really isn't a reason given, not that it matters anyhow, and usually follow it up with some threat about their money and voting with their wallets on a game that costs nothing...

So I point out the futility of it.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing how naive some people can be. Cryptic stated that they are treating this like a launch, they aren't wiping characters, and most importantly they are accepting your money. But they thought that by calling it "open beta" people wouldn't hold them accountable. They thought right. If you want to be silly and call it beta go ahead, however it's pretty clear that they don't consider it beta, so why should you?

its good to see we have smart people on here. For the rest who want to believe this is beta then just go ahead and do so.
  • Options
    brighterdeathbrighterdeath Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. Another crash. You guys are really not good at this.
  • Options
    habib2891habib2891 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You keep taking the words out of my mouth (so to say) ...well said :)
  • Options
    sreliansrelian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crash...crashes everywhere!!
  • Options
    blathmblathm Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Francis is Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTEyfNbcMgg

And the Remix which i posted earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPAZJvbH1s
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013

hey numbnuts, I did plenty of things outside as a teen and they got me me into lots of trouble. besides the world is full of crazies and untrustworthy ppl. I rather spend my time inside online or with my family when servers r dwn lol.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ruffist wrote: »
    This is a BETA FFS,

It's not a beta, no matter how many caps you use. Headstart access, no more wipes, store open for real transactions = released.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    carlbobocarlbobo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope its an act. If it is then its **** funny. If not then its really sad.
    "I game therefore I am."
    Proud member of the Order of the Silver Rose
    http://orderofthesilverrose.enjin.com
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    *update*
    A Control Wizzard nearly died in pvp, We estimate to have this issue resolved within the hour. Thankyou for your patience.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actual issue is the fact they have currently have 3 MMOs running off the same server, each with thousands of players trying to play. When the server goes down so do all 3 games, they could lighten the load a lot by using a dedicated server for each game.
    @Powerblast in game
This discussion has been closed.