Install Arc
Options

Crashed again?

Comments

• Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    I'm trying real hard to believe that you're not new here.

All of Cryptic's games are in beta.

Always.

Forever.

It's shocking, I know. But yep: I'm not new here. I wasn't new when Champions Launched. Or STO. Not that I bought a Lifetime for either game, mind you, but I've seen what Cryptic produces. And honestly? I think this game's style, classes, combat, and system design are incredible. The balancing metrics and number crunching on this game are yummy. I'm still trying to figure out the presumed combat length and player-hit-to-kill numbers and the ratio for minions/lieutenants/bosses, but I love it, regardless.

Really hoping I can find it out so I can recreate this feeling of tight and responsive combat elsewhere.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    It's not a beta, no matter how many caps you use. Headstart access, no more wipes, store open for real transactions = released.

Or how their market merchants r saying = Chaching!!
  • Options
    evanowensxxevanowensxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I lol'd, you got me.
  • Options
    mosene12mosene12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    *update*
    A Control Wizzard nearly died in pvp, We estimate to have this issue resolved within the hour. Thankyou for your patience.

I crit them out of stealth for at least 50% of their life.... you got to "LOVE" the trickster rogue :D
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    habib2891 wrote: »
    You keep taking the words out of my mouth (so to say) ...well said :)

Seriously as a kid Id spend hours down at the creek catching crawdads. I'd bring em home just to hear mom tell me, "GET THOSE SLIMY THINGS OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Those were the days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= "I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I only know what I can do." ~ James T. Kirk =/\=
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Don't be getting me addicted to candy and then take the candy away, you meany!

Anyway, rather disappointed that servers are down. I was having fun. This is definitely not as fun. Also... my crafting is not getting done!
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter:
    Update: we believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    Twitter:
    Update: we believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!

That issue is called 'stupid ideas like releasing the game before it was ready on a server with two other games'.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zurganus wrote: »
    Todays generation lacks patience. If they cant do what they want when they want they crawl the walls crying and moaning. If it wasnt 3am id sugest going outside.
    Dummy don't you realize that more than half the people playing this game don't live in America.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well now they think they've found the problem; I was able to log in to character select for all of maybe 20 seconds. I came here to let everyone know the servers were up again & when I checked back to go ahead & launch... I was disconnected again & now it says the server is unavailable. I guess it's off to bed for me *sadface*.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    I actual issue is the fact they have currently have 3 MMOs running off the same server, each with thousands of players trying to play. When the server goes down so do all 3 games, they could lighten the load a lot by using a dedicated server for each game.

It's not the same server, by a long shot. It's the same server-structure, though.

Server banks house dozens of individual servers networked together to handle processes. The "Login Server" isn't even a single server on the farm, it's probably between 3 and 7 based on the maximum number of player logins at the same time.

The problem is that since each game is on the same server structure network to handle inter-game communications a really bad failure in one can propagate along the network and shut down all the servers. And the only way to find such massive errors is, of course, to have them happen and repair them.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously as a kid Id spend hours down at the creek catching crawdads. I'd bring em home just to hear mom tell me, "GET THOSE SLIMY THINGS OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Those were the days.

Yeah we don't all live in the middle of no where. Welcome to the city!!
  • Options
    winddancer42winddancer42 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who got the Gremlins wet?
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I actual issue is the fact they have currently have 3 MMOs running off the same server, each with thousands of players trying to play. When the server goes down so do all 3 games, they could lighten the load a lot by using a dedicated server for each game.

Wow. That is such a bad idea (having 3 games on one server)...
  • Options
    iloveitwhenyoucallmebigpapailoveitwhenyoucallmebigpapa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

... but that costs money ...
  • Options
    ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

My dad used to take me, my brother, a "net" made from a bent wire hangar & cheesecloth, a bucket and some bacon fat scraps out to the canals in Phoenix to catch crawdads! They're good eating :D
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    26326_415291431894965_1756050173_n.jpg
  • Options
    suntzukhansuntzukhan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blathm wrote: »

Rofl!!! had to watch it twice
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    It's not the same server, by a long shot. It's the same server-structure, though.

Server banks house dozens of individual servers networked together to handle processes. The "Login Server" isn't even a single server on the farm, it's probably between 3 and 7 based on the maximum number of player logins at the same time.

The problem is that since each game is on the same server structure network to handle inter-game communications a really bad failure in one can propagate along the network and shut down all the servers. And the only way to find such massive errors is, of course, to have them happen and repair them.

-Rachel-

Yep feels like a router problem to me ........ just a guess though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I got a great idea... I think they should do a foundry quest with this issue and I think it would be the most played quest :D
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    It's shocking, I know. But yep: I'm not new here. I wasn't new when Champions Launched. Or STO. Not that I bought a Lifetime for either game, mind you, but I've seen what Cryptic produces. And honestly? I think this game's style, classes, combat, and system design are incredible. The balancing metrics and number crunching on this game are yummy. I'm still trying to figure out the presumed combat length and player-hit-to-kill numbers and the ratio for minions/lieutenants/bosses, but I love it, regardless.

Really hoping I can find it out so I can recreate this feeling of tight and responsive combat elsewhere.

-Rachel-

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm a big STO player, and love that game, but this has totally taken me for the past few days. Most especially the Foundry here, since it's far more engaging than most STO Foundry missions; let's face it, online games are mostly combat, and fantastic storytelling and combat belong here more than they do in the Trek universe. I'm also enjoying those little tweaks to the engine and such that I keep running into. For a F2P (and thinly veiled P2W) game, it's been well done so far.

As to the problems of the past two evenings, if you've been around this long, then you know this kind of random crashing is simply Cryptic SOP for the past year or so. I don't expect them to have it totally ironed out until late this month after the new STO expansion launches and dies down.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here, you can go for a drive in my car instead
    weird-cars-2_zps63a331a0.jpg

or if you want to pay money to the cash store you can drive this one
    WeirdCar_zps8c3e33ce.jpg
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    great the hamsters are scewin around and not doing there job again
    hampster.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Twitter:
    Update: we are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I need my e crack dammit
  • Options
    nostalgiamannostalgiaman Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing like having a Beta test crash two live games to liven up your night!

We probably shouldn't call this Open Beta though. Its all but released. Lets call it a Gamma Test. Because it just blew up the Federation and made countless people Hulk out. ;)
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cry more. It's beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    Twitter:
    Update: we are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

What ever excellent mean?!... Can they give us back the time we waited? That would be excellent for me :D
  • Options
    garonnagaronna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    #Thanks for your patience, here go play some Q&A about Forgotten realms while we dont give a **** about releasing an ETA
This discussion has been closed.