test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Reporting Client Responsiveness Issues

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Greetings!

If you are having responsiveness issues when playing the Neverwinter beta that can’t be solved by traditional troubleshooting means, please use the following advanced steps to provide some detailed diagnostic information directly to the developers.

Keep in mind, these steps should NOT be used for bugs encountered in-game, any known issues, general connectivity problems such as using a wireless connection, ISP problem, security software issues, or momentary lag.

Using the CrypticError report

1. With the game still running go to the game client directory

The following are the default directories for the game which will be different based on what version of Windows you have:

C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\profiler (Windows XP)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\profiler (64-bit Windows)
C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\profiler (Windows 7)

2. Run the CrypticError program
3. Select GameClient.exe from the list of running applications
4. Click the ‘Send’ button to submit the report
5. Note the Error Ticket ID number

Uploading the recorded data

1. Log into the game and move to the area where you are encountering the issue
2. Run the following command in the chat window: /timerRecordStart <account name>
3. Reproduce the issue that you experienced while the recorder is running
4. End the recording with /timerRecordStop
5. Find the file in the “profiler” folder of the game client directory
6. Look for a file named <account name>.profiler.pf
7. Create a text document and include a short description of the issue you encountered, what steps you have already taken to try and resolve it, your in-game @Handle name, and the Error Ticket ID from the CrypticError report
8. Put the .pf file and the text document into a ZIP file
9. Upload the ZIP file to our FTP

FTP server: ftpcorp.crypticstudios.com
Username: nwdiagfiles
Password: !di@g4Cr1pt

Please be aware that any questionable or illegal material that is uploaded to the FTP server can result in action against your game account (and possible legal action). You can use a FTP program like FileZilla to upload the files: http://filezilla-project.org/.

Please note that we do not offer support for the FTP upload process or the FileZilla FTP client.

Keep in mind that the developers who review the information will not directly contact you. We recommend checking the forums, official news posts on our website, and the patch notes for any updates to the issue you experienced.

Thank you for your support and for playing!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
  • voltampohmvoltampohm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't even log on to have a problem or even download an update. I keep getting an account error message. I don't know what this means. I was in beta 3 assuming i would have access to beta 4 but i may be wrong.
  • helgrodhelgrod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On the second Beta I had some crashes

On the 3rd Beta I had constant game crashes and could not log in to the game with several tries as it crashes on the cryptic loading screen.

Now on the 4th Beta It crashes the same even though I have a new graphics card and freshly installed windows with game updated and all. Its only my computer and not my husbands.

I do eventually get in the game and its okay but once it starts it carries on
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voltampohm wrote: »
    I can't even log on to have a problem or even download an update. I keep getting an account error message. I don't know what this means. I was in beta 3 assuming i would have access to beta 4 but i may be wrong.

Beta Weekend 4 is only for Founder's pack purchasers and their friends, so if you got into BW3 from a different means, you might be out of luck. You can check this blog to see more info, and you can always pick up a Founder's Pack if you'd like to get in and play this weekend.
  • eraedal1eraedal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well i have purchased the 200$ foundry pack, and i get continued disconnects and rollbacks when i do last more than 30 seconds in the game, to the point where it is unplayable. It has been like this for the past few b
  • eraedal1eraedal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    even forums can't register it correctly it seems.. as i was saying: past few beta's. I'm located in Europe, i hope it gets fixed, because i'd hate to think i've wasted 200$ on digital air...
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my game minimizes, sound can still be heard but there's no minimized tab on the task bar. Prior to the minimizing the game started acting funny with npc's freezing and then appearing a few feet ahead and just random fps drops.
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    The game was running smooth with FEW rubber banding issues(Only heavy populated zones eg Neverwinter City). Now that the beta is open to Guardian's, The rubber-banding has increased a lot when I'm in Neverwinter City and when I'm out on other Zones questing. I can't imagine how much worst the rubber-banding and the responsiveness issues will effect me but I feel that it isn't going to be good... Could it be that the net code needs to be twinked a little?
  • fathercoffeefathercoffee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My issue is once I get to the CYPTIC loading screen, it loads halfway through and I get a fata error of: 130429 02:55:11 12 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Bin/Powertreeenhtypes.Bin:.
    I am currently talking to a Lead Programmer about it and sending him files. I hope that he can resolve these issues and we can all work together to make this game launch better for all and have fun in Neverwinter! I will keep you all posted.
  • smoq25smoq25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my game freezing nd grashing w/o any error,no idea whats goin on :/
  • omahacheddaromahacheddar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking at my clientservercomm log I keep seeing socket was shutdown due to error 0, no error. Not sure if anyone else is seeing this...
  • devilishpersondevilishperson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having trouble with the loading screen. I can log into the game. make it past the cryptic loading page but crash on the neverwinter loading page
  • foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I would like to login but can't even launch "Updating Launcher, Tried 1 Times" ... then
    error.jpg
    Very glad I bought GW2
  • foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    The game was running smooth with FEW rubber banding issues(Only heavy populated zones eg Neverwinter City). Now that the beta is open to Guardian's, The rubber-banding has increased a lot when I'm in Neverwinter City and when I'm out on other Zones questing. I can't imagine how much worst the rubber-banding and the responsiveness issues will effect me but I feel that it isn't going to be good... Could it be that the net code needs to be twinked a little?

Aren't you glad you paid $200
  • sephy010sephy010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to login but can't even launch "Updating Launcher, Tried 1 Times" ... then
    error.jpg
    Very glad I bought GW2

Hey Im getting the same error, but you can justo go the game folder like C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live and in this folder run the GameClient.exe

It will skip the patch client and open the game directly....worked for me.

Hope it help you guys :)

Edit: I fixed with the new patch exe http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here&p=2302981&viewfull=1#post2302981
  • gaiadiendiezgaiadiendiez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this, but I can't make a thread quite just yet.

The game looks promising but I can't seem to play it without crashing. I haven't even made it past the character creation screen. The game itself causes my entire system to crash, making it restart.

Is there anyway to make the crashes stop? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My specs:
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom II x4 830 2.8GHz
    6 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GT 230
  • petrock99petrock99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just about every launch gives a white / blank launcher screen.
    Then briefly the correct enter password screen.
    Then this happens, (See attachment.)

You need to fix the launcher still.

Moshpet aka Petrock99
  • jadablazejadablaze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a white launch screen for me, doesn't time out, doesn't change to the right screen, no error message
  • sauceonsidesauceonside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    game and launcher ran fine yesterday. today when I wen to log on there was some kind of a patch and now the game doesn't load properly. the launcher runs but when it goes to launch the game it goes all white screen and I get a message that says the program stopped responding and I have to close it out. ive been trying to run the game for an hour now and the same thing keeps happening pls fix
  • entrompadorateoentrompadorateo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue here
  • avrilscarberry#1373 avrilscarberry Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking the issue I'm having is deeper than client issues but since I can't create my own thread right now I will be posting this here. I started playing the game last night, I use Time Warner Cable internet and my modem is a Netgear combination Router/Modem. When I play the game for about 20 minutes my modem completely resets itself. I called Time Warner and they said they aren't working on anything in our area.

I thought maybe they weren't sure if they were doing something or not and decided to wait until morning because I work from home and I would make sure the internet worked then. It worked just fine for my entire shift and on afterward. When I get on the game and play for a little while, just about 10 minutes ago, my modem reset itself again.

Is it possible the game client or the servers are causing my modem to reset somehow? I've never seen this before outside of my ISP working on something in the area.
  • sauceonsidesauceonside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    game ran fine yesterday. today it goes to the cryptic loading screen the crashes to the desktop and freezes everything. I have to ctrl alt delete and close it that way.
  • cassianum1cassianum1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have problem with connect today! Yesterday all wsa fine, but now can't connecting to acoount! ;(
    The proxy has been temporarily disabled!
  • handwallethandwallet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well its good to see im not the only one who cant get past the connecting to account. I should say its not good that we can not connect but good to know its not my pc...
  • humunculi123humunculi123 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idk what is wrong, I'm on the log in screen and click log in and nothing happens, then an error message pops up, i have no idea what the error is tho.

I am beginning to get annoyed at how they have said nothing about it and apparently aren't doing anything to fix it. GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT PW, GREAT JOB
  • vanossxvanossx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, this been happening alot tbh last day or two.

Open launcher... it starts all seems normal... get through cryptic loading screen...Then black screen..... last few times i just open up start task manager and most the time it makes the game work. today nothing just goes white and says ' Not responding ' i could walk away for a hour and it would stay the same.. really frusrating tbh this would be the 1st issue i would work on if i was a dev. cant log on = cant play. cant play = players walk away xD but the game is pretty fun tbh when i can manage to log in.
  • drkpaladinidrkpaladini Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont press Ctrl+1

Its freezing the client too.
  • lososthefishlososthefish Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a problem that is connected to client responsiveness I think. While I log into the game its all fine and dandy, but the game thinks I'm idle and offline. It happens while I change zones around lvl 5-6 always. I go out of an instance and then the game says I'm offline, I can't send a ticket, but I can see all those people that run around and play it. Can't interact with anything. After some time I get rubberbanded to my previous position and after 15 minutes i get d/c because I'm idle. I don't know if I picked the right topic or place to ask about the solution to this issue and I will be glad if anyone has a solution or can help me in any way.
  • trito7787trito7787 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got an error in decompressing data.
    it says, " Error decomprising data. verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Bin/Missiontags.Bin:
  • vrexxenvrexxen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I wanted to give NeverWinter a chance but not being able to get passed the login for 3 days has made that impossible. Goes to "retrieving character list" then "disccounted from login server" happens the same way every single time