What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• Options
    hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I'm just listening to some music while I wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho Playing now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q ready to go when servers come back up
  • Options
    ruffistruffist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    Its not a beta if there are to be no character wipes following your official "launch"

Its a soft launch with the term "open beta" to mitigate the damage of mistakes like this.

What do character wipes have to do with a beta?
  • Options
    dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meridian59 was first mmo end of story...however wow has had the most players or accounts
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    kikiikikii Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    jjeshop wrote: »
    SweetieBot fix the servers!

I miss sweetie already....

Wrong forums man.
  • Options
    trampsitrampsi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    150K ain't ****. Takes 1 million to be a M(ASSIVELY)mo. Thus, wow was first. But thank you for playing.

Just to get in on the "conversation";

WoW advertised itself as a MMO before launch, because MMO was a genre before WoW. Arbitrary numbers are arbitrary :)
  • Options
    adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    airwen wrote: »
    I am a woman :D and decaf is like alcohol free beer. only good for cleaning car parts.

You revealed your a woman! Oh god now every guy on here is gonna be PM'ing you for cyber or to hit on you to meet. LOL
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dagger711 wrote: »
    meridian59 was first mmo end of story...however wow has had the most players or accounts

Once again, Meridian59 was 1996, NWN was 1991.
  • Options
    youslipthroughyouslipthrough Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I laughed so loud that I scared my cats.
  • Options
    pfunk1980pfunk1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my favorite song at the moment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aawXWcdx72w
  • Options
    qwisperqwisper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny to watch people respond to the trolls who say "WoW was the first MMO" They know it wasn't, they just like to see the responses. For a time kids were saying that and really meant it but that's because of the generation gap between WoW and EQ.

When EQ started it was generally a mature playerbase seeing as not many kids had computers or even internet for that matter. When WoW came out both were becoming more commonplace. Then alot of kids were getting WoW as their first game who were too young to even know what everquest was so for a while people said that and honestly meant it. I think by now everyone knows better.

Still almost fun to watch people react to it, but it used to start 100s of pages of flame threads.

But anyhow I hope to be back in and playing neverwinter before it goes down for maintenance in the morning :P
  • Options
    jhaxiijhaxii Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did anyone catch anywhere where they said what the failure was?
  • Options
    ktefktef Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UO was definitely the first MMO, but EQ was the first 3D MMO and I loved it with all of my body.
  • Options
    wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    150K ain't ****. Takes 1 million to be a M(ASSIVELY)mo. Thus, wow was first. But thank you for playing.

Lol Everquest had more than a million on the first day. So many people tried to login at once it killed the internet on the west coast killing ATM's and banks for the day. Was before WoW. Unfortunately it was too challenging for 8 year olds so blizzard made WoW
  • Options
    nostalg1cnostalg1c Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adiorocks wrote: »
    You revealed your a woman! Oh god now every guy on here is gonna be PM'ing you for cyber or to hit on you to meet. LOL

Or just you.
  • Options
    airwenairwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL this thread is more entertaining than the game itself
    Where is my tin foil hat D:
  • Options
    harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    I watched an Asian set the world record speedrun for the game Zelda: Majora's Mask while the games been down. I think you guys need an Asian on this server problem. :D
  • Options
    assassin238assassin238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Reading the forums is ALMOST as much fun as playing!!
  • Options
    wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No UPS on Network Hardware :(
  • Options
    mmcsky1mmcsky1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jhaxii wrote: »

One of the hamster had a heart attack, had to replace it and the fedex guy is late.
  • Options
    dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok meridian wasn't the first.. idc just aslong wow was noit the first..
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted is clearly a young minded person, maybe not young but his mind is for sure.....
  • Options
    xeltarzxeltarz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wired420 wrote: »
    Lol Everquest had more than a million on the first day. So many people tried to login at once it killed the internet on the west coast killing ATM's and banks for the day. Was before WoW. Unfortunately it was too challenging for 8 year olds so blizzard made WoW

Nothing screams mature like auto attacking fire beetles!
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kikii wrote: »
    Wrong forums man.

I know, i had to try lol
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zyguh124zyguh124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey....while we wait Im running out to pick up a pizza....anyone need anything from the store while Im out?
  • Options
    airwenairwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmcsky1 wrote: »
    One of the hamster had a heart attack, had to replace it and the fedex guy is late.

Wait, what? The fedex guy will bring you hamsters? OMG
  • Options
    reddknight69reddknight69 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jhaxii wrote: »

the hampsters were murderd by the warerats, when Sgt.Know went to the bathroom.
  • Options
    metaliosmetalios Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no women on the internet. WoW was the first MMO.

The first commercial MMORPG (although what constitutes "massive" requires qualification when discussing mid-1980s mainframes) was Island of Kesmai designed by Kelton Flinn and John Taylor. Still roguelike, this game became available in 1985 for $12.00 per hour via the CompuServe online service and supported up to one hundred players.

The first graphical character-based interactive environment, though not actually an RPG, was Club Caribe. Although first released as Habitat in 1988, Club Caribe was introduced by LucasArts for Q-Link customers on their Commodore 64 computers. Users could interact with one another, chat and exchange items. Although very basic, its use of online avatars (already well established off-line by Ultima and other games) and combining chat and graphics was revolutionary.

The first graphical MMORPG was Neverwinter Nights by designer Don Daglow and programmer Cathryn Mataga (not to be confused with Neverwinter Nights by BioWare). "Neverwinter Nights" went live on AOL for PC owners in 1991 and ran through 1997. This project was personally championed and green-lighted by AOL President Steve Case. Both Club Caribe and Neverwinter Nights cost $6.00 per hour to play.
  • Options
    hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mmcsky1 wrote: »

Oh noes, it wasn't Boo was it? Say it isn't so:confused:.