test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wired420 wrote: »
    Lol Everquest had more than a million on the first day. So many people tried to login at once it killed the internet on the west coast killing ATM's and banks for the day. Was before WoW. Unfortunately it was too challenging for 8 year olds so blizzard made WoW

Fail. Take off a zero maybe. EQ never even got hallway to a million.... L2read kid. Try Wikipedia if ur slow....
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Best EQ term ever: TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!

train through Estate of Unrest RUN!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colkernelcolkernel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And still no update to the OP

I guess morning maintenance will be conducted now as well? No, probably not. Cryptic has NEVER been that organized...
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The scary thing is i think that they started some of these topics(first mmo)(meaning of massive) in ZONE before the server went down.
  • coel03coel03 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is anyone else watching tv and casually updating their patch status? i love dual monitors
  • wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mithel wrote: »
    Actually didn't it had around 225,000 subscriptions on 11/1999. At the time it was huge number for a game to have.

There were 1.3 million pre-orders. Lol
  • vvrathxvvrathx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone
  • johsarwolfjohsarwolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    150K ain't ****. Takes 1 million to be a M(ASSIVELY)mo. Thus, wow was first. But thank you for playing.

Since 2013, it takes only 16 Players to be a Massive Multiplayer Online Game. Ask EA.

Barney approves that is to be 83% true.

/salute
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    coel03 wrote: »
    is anyone else watching tv and casually updating their patch status? i love dual monitors

coolguy

10 characters mother****er
  • youslipthroughyouslipthrough Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nostalg1c wrote: »
    Whoever is running that twitter account needs a raise. On that note I'm out of beer and patience... brb bowflexin

True. Facts.
  • enmosfuscionenmosfuscion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johsarwolf wrote: »
    Since 2013, it takes only 16 Players to be a Massive Multiplayer Online Game. Ask EA.

Barney approves that is to be 83% true.

/salute

Again please provide sources.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coel03 wrote: »

watching a movie, the forums, playing a game, and listening to tunes lol
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team

Should have stayed at my girlfriends for the night. Knew it.....
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    metalios wrote: »
    The first commercial MMORPG (although what constitutes "massive" requires qualification when discussing mid-1980s mainframes) was Island of Kesmai designed by Kelton Flinn and John Taylor. Still roguelike, this game became available in 1985 for $12.00 per hour via the CompuServe online service and supported up to one hundred players.

The first graphical character-based interactive environment, though not actually an RPG, was Club Caribe. Although first released as Habitat in 1988, Club Caribe was introduced by LucasArts for Q-Link customers on their Commodore 64 computers. Users could interact with one another, chat and exchange items. Although very basic, its use of online avatars (already well established off-line by Ultima and other games) and combining chat and graphics was revolutionary.

The first graphical MMORPG was Neverwinter Nights by designer Don Daglow and programmer Cathryn Mataga (not to be confused with Neverwinter Nights by BioWare). "Neverwinter Nights" went live on AOL for PC owners in 1991 and ran through 1997. This project was personally championed and green-lighted by AOL President Steve Case. Both Club Caribe and Neverwinter Nights cost $6.00 per hour to play.

In other words, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_massively_multiplayer_online_games
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The scary thing is i think that they started some of these topics(first mmo)(meaning of massive) in ZONE before the server went down.

It's basically a troll thing. Saying "WoW was the first MMO!" is a sure fire bait that people can't resist. It's been pretty obnoxious on Dragon's Zone chat too, but I think yesterday was already better. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ruffist wrote: »
    What do character wipes have to do with a beta?

Usually in a BEta before going live all char are wiped, but a soft launch while being a beta to allow for fixes on the fly- no one will have to be wiped. but since most the free loaders expect everything to be Perfect.. theyre miffed that a free game is down .
  • widowmakirwidowmakir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wish someone would Roshambo the next fruit cake that says Server is up
  • tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant bring up my launcher and it fails to update... telling me to be patient then BOOM ERROR! anyone else having this problem???
  • cknightbladecknightblade Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi there .....
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I just want everyone to know i'm going to take a shower now and i'm going to think of all of you while i'm doing so.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the down time I built some shelving, vacuumed my cat, and kicked my husband in the bawls.

He went OMAAAAAGUUUUUUUDWHHHUUUUUUUY! or something along those lines.
  • assassin238assassin238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013

um....don't go over there now, man...she's uh...already asleep...
  • coel03coel03 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    watching a movie, the forums, playing a game, and listening to tunes lol

what i need is a 2nd video card and 2 more monitors...
  • adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    Hell, most people didn't know what the interwebz were in '91.

I used Hyperterminal during those days to connect. I remember I had just got my brand new blazing fast 14.4kbps modem and was so excited. Then to my suprise the 28.8kbps modem came out... WHAAAAAT?!?!?! THEN the 33.6 modem was released... speechless, it would never get faster... Then U.S. Robotics just goes straight bat**** crazy and releases the 56k Modem... Mind was blown!
  • duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

uhmm give out the address im sure someone ohh never mind most here cant even drive lol
  • youslipthroughyouslipthrough Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    widowmakir wrote: »
    Wish someone would Roshambo the next fruit cake that says Server is up

No kidding! I got all ****ing excited and then... then I had a sad.
  • airwenairwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    In the down time I built some shelving, vacuumed my cat, and kicked my husband in the bawls.

He went OMAAAAAGUUUUUUUDWHHHUUUUUUUY! or something along those lines.

LMAO awesome. I love it :D
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    From Twitter:

Hey there! Just a heads-up that we're currently experiencing an unexpected downtime and hope to have the servers up soon. :)

No ****e really?
  • ghosthunter001ghosthunter001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kharnagex wrote: »
    train through Estate of Unrest RUN!!!

And it beter be macro'ed with red text and all cpas, or else half the zone would be littered with corpses and pissed off players lol!!
  • tdotbsotdotbso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter says it should be up asap!