What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ultima Online reached that goal (> 150,000 subs) in 1997 prior to them , so UO wins as the first large MMO based on the number of subs in 1997. Go real the wikipedia on Ultima Online to verify if you want..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online

150K ain't ****. Takes 1 million to be a M(ASSIVELY)mo. Thus, wow was first. But thank you for playing.
  • Options
    wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    airwen wrote: »
    fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it

Decaf man. Decaf!
  • Options
    gotthisidgotthisid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skillate19 wrote: »
    im sorry for my noobness...are the servers down for maintenance/patch or was this a unrelated event to the 6 am pacific time maintenence?The Time zones + noobness leave me really clueless :D.

If its not related to the 6 am maintenace, is there an ETA yet?

It is not related. One of their network hardware piece went belly-up, i.e. hardware failure. Expect a lot of network people sitting in a room now, trying to restore routing tables, so that the servers can be reached again from the outside world.

No ETA yet.

But I guess the good news is that nobody will complain if the maintenance work today will take longer than expected. :)
  • Options
    mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA yet? Just got done with some other work.
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SweetieBot fix the servers!

I miss sweetie already....
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enmosfuscionenmosfuscion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    150K ain't ****. Takes 1 million to be a M(ASSIVELY)mo. Thus, wow was first. But thank you for playing.

Provide me with a source in which states this to be true. Academic please, someones blog isn't a source.
  • Options
    kamhul8kamhul8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neverwinterjuice , neverwinterjuice , neverwinterjuice !!! now it should be fixed.
  • Options
    airwenairwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wired420 wrote: »
    Decaf man. Decaf!
    I am a woman :D and decaf is like alcohol free beer. only good for cleaning car parts.
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013

Go home little boy, UO was the first MMO, deal with it son
  • Options
    wuch1wuch1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zyguh124 wrote: »
    Yeah....the problem with posting the "Wow was the first mmo" meme is that its not really a meme. Yes, its something really stupid to post and annoy people, but despite what "knowyourmeme" might say......stupid and annoying doesnt actually make something a meme. If it did then every single person using the internet would know my ex

Just spit out my lemonade, not sure if this is an original thought or an old gag, but either way I laughed my *** off.
  • Options
    afryseafryse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    dailies reset 24 hrs after you accept the quest from the ad lizard
  • Options
    widowmakirwidowmakir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wildoxit View Post
    I would say this is *action adventure MMORPG* If playing EverQuest you where to take on more than 2 mobs at one time it was death for sure...
    LoL my druid was kiting 6 Hill Giants at a time in West Karana

Everquest was the Ultimate MMO when it came out. Do not know how many times I almost had to clean my drawers when making the run to Rivervale at night and a dang skeleton would pop out from no where.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mmcsky1mmcsky1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are you guys entertaining this clown? He can make up any half assed argument just to amuse himself while you lot feed him.
  • Options
    bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    airwen wrote: »
    I am a woman :D and decaf is like alcohol free beer. only good for cleaning car parts.

There are no women on the internet. WoW was the first MMO.
  • Options
    ktefktef Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inb4 another SOON update. Bogus.
  • Options
    coel03coel03 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    since when?
  • Options
    adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sadly the best part of you ran down your mothers leg. That is the only logical explanation for what you just said.
  • Options
    dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glad to see someone does history research :)
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go home little boy, uo was the first mmo, deal with it son

o yeah! I miss uo!
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P. You want to respec but can't afford 6 bucks? OK, here's a little secret:

reroll = respec

Have fun with that while you're painting my house

dafuq did i just read
  • Options
    pfunk1980pfunk1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are no women on the internet. WoW was the first MMO.

I guess if you are a kid who wasn't even born when the first MMOs came out, you can cling to that.
  • Options
    tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow sux really really bad... they have been recycling the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since WotLK
  • Options
    sylibearsylibear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So a burglar, a murderer and a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> predator are all dragged into court by the police.
    And the judge wants to tell them apart. So he asks the following simple question.....
  • Options
    mithelmithel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah but then when you get another game with say billion subs down the line then your number looks small by comparison too so the whole thing....is fluid.
  • Options
    jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey! I don't use ppps, but I CAN dig out my 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 20 sided dice if you want to get into it...

I see your dice and raise you my kid's giant foam polyhedrals. :D
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    maroscimarosci Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Total crock. What matters is the number of players who can actually interact -- ie the number on each server. WoW has a lot of players, but they are dispersed on hundreds of servers. They are no more "massive" than any other MMO where it matters.
  • Options
    amanra1amanra1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, that was the funniest thing I have seen here lately. Just re-watched first and second season. Thanks...