test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• Options
    pfunk1980pfunk1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when the servers come up... im not coming back to tell you guys. :p
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    First and last it seems.

Funny thing it had a max population of 500 so you could be waiting for hours to get in. It was Never Enter back then too:p.
  • Options
    jdjleopwjdjleopw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good game is good
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pfunk1980 wrote: »
    when the servers come up... im not coming back to tell you guys. :p

Big meanie!:(
  • Options
    pollux0pollux0 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vindrow1 wrote: »
    Still my favorite MMORPG of all time.

Im playing right now
  • Options
    doozerjundoozerjun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adiorocks wrote: »
    Neverwinter Nights was no different than Diablo. LOL A multi-player RPG. Meridian 59 was the First official MMO though. UO the second and brought MMO's to the mainstream.

Diablo has player made modules?
  • Options
    hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I could only play LoK because my employer at the time provided me with a sponsored account. The virtual bills I racked up were pretty insane, but yes, I miss those days, too. I don't think they were better, but more ... "innocent". Full of wonder and amazement for what's possible. I still remember my fascination when for the first time I stuffed the phone into a 300bps "modem" and my computer "talked" to another computer across the county!

I didn't play on AoL, no way I was going to pay an hourly rate haha. I got into it after it moved to Gamestorm.com

Magecraft and LoK were the only games I played until UO bought out Gamestorm and sent me a free copy of UO.
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team

Wasnt that the first post and they just reposted the same thing.
  • Options
    zinuxzinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else feel like the dungeons have a old morrowwind feel, making you wanna explore them slowly so you don't miss anything
  • Options
    jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was being nice, just sarcastically so. I was merely hoping to bridge the gap, alleviate the stress of modernization.

<-- plays RPGs with pencils too

My name is Rin, and I have a problem.

*whispers*

I've never REALLY played D&D. I've wanted to, but never found a group of good people.

This is that time when a rogue's dodge is going to come in handy. Everyone get the hose, we've got one of those newfangled PC gamers on our hands! :O
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    cknightbladecknightblade Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IF YOU LOVE WOW SO MUCH GO PLAY IT......................... lol
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    rammur wrote: »
    This is what happens when you open a game to the public and only have 3 **** servers available and the same **** ones from closed beta yeah.....smart move guys very smart.

Another clueless ****! The game has clusters of servers to handle the load for each "named" server you see. This isn't old technology like WoW where they use one box per server. LOL
  • Options
    pfunk1980pfunk1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Big meanie!:(
    servers are up!
  • Options
    bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    pollux0 wrote: »
    Im playing right now

Hook me up with a guild, as a fellow DAOC player. prtypls
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter Nights was no different than Diablo. LOL A multi-player RPG. Meridian 59 was the First official MMO though. UO the second and brought MMO's to the mainstream.

You are thinking of the wrong NWN. We are talking about the original AOL game.
  • Options
    wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Green Light on my launcher ! /fail
  • Options
    sintheta2sintheta2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMGZORZ I just want to play my healzor cuz it ownzor
  • Options
    enmosfuscionenmosfuscion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server is not up.
  • Options
    adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://youtu.be/zng5kRle4FA

Still funny as hell!

"am i getting drunk?!" LOL
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    sintheta2 wrote: »
    OMGZORZ I just want to play my healzor cuz it ownzor

I want to play my GWF because its a peice of ****.
  • Options
    dazzle999nldazzle999nl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meanwhile on brazzers...
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing is that @NeverwinterGame followers on twitter have increased by 1K+ since down time. Either this game has a bright future or..... unleash the conspiracy theorists.
  • Options
    dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow ...ever since the panda thing .........dont like it anymore sry hopeing this game is better
  • Options
    cedriciiicedriciii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

http://mmohuts.com/editorials/the-first-mmorpg
    "The game ran from 1991 to 1997 and boasted 115,000 players towards the end of its life cycle. The actually shut down due to disagreements between AOL and one of the game’s original developers TSR over future rights to the title."
    "Aside from Never Winter Nights, there are numerous other MMORPGs that were released before both Meridian59 and Ultima Online. Numerous other graphical MMORPGs came out after Neverwinter Nights trying to capture some of the success it had. The Shadow of Yserbius ran from 1992 to 1996 and was one of the more popular ones. Games like Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds (1996) and The Realm Online (1996) were in public beta before Ultima and Meridian. "
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    servers are up!

Wrong lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    No it is not. NWN is the first. UO, didn't come out until 1997. NWN for AOL was 1991, Dark Sun Online and Meridian 59 were 1996.

BUT they werent MMo's
    M59 was first realtime three dimensional online role-playing game

Neverwinter Nights was the first multiplayer online role-playing game to display graphics

BUT Everquest was the first MMO hands down
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We all need to relax and watch some Muppets Show clips to chill out
  • Options
    ktefktef Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    Funny thing is that @NeverwinterGame followers on twitter have increased by 1K+ since down time. Either this game has a bright future or..... unleash the conspiracy theorists.

I'm going to start production of tinfoil hats. Would you like one?
  • Options
    shadowstalker59shadowstalker59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers are up!
    Need a way to forum block idiot trolls
    23.jpg
  • Options
    cedriciiicedriciii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers are up!

Obvious troll is obvious...