test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm worried about losing celestial coins! Bed soon, then work all day. If I lose coins It'll be all kinds of crud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beamanbrbeamanbr Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know the login server's IP so I can monitor it without trying to log in every five minutes?
  • acheat55acheat55 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats the eta of this being fixed? just wondering if i should go to bed... =/
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    North korea is hacking the site.
  • maninthaboxmaninthabox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    happened to me earlier. should fix itself once the servers coming up. its trying to patch the launcher but there are no servers up atm.
  • fearthehydrasfearthehydras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suricx wrote: »
    it just gonna get worse with god knows how many people trying to log in and slam the server with requests.

Yes, but eventually those people will begin to lose consciousness, and the night-owls will descend upon Neverwintery bliss. I challenge you all to...

AN ALL-NIGHTER!
  • malchakmalchak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes because a HARDWARE malfunction is completely their fault.
    yes completely. backups...redundancy...
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jalhara wrote: »
    Nah, you usually don't keep extra hardware laying around. I dunno about you buy having $12,000 routers or $20,000 blade servers just sitting doing nothing doesn't sound like a productive use of money.

Considering they rake in millions on their games, that is chump change.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you still doing maintenance at 6am?
  • crosschancrosschan Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all the people who are saying, "It's just a beta," I would like to point out that, at best, this is 1/3rd a beta. The other 2 games are down as well and they're not in beta. There's also the decision to make most of the updates on outside social media accounts vs. using the forums and CORE(ok, I don't even bother checking this but they have it as an option) to more directly relay information to the playerbase.

Also, would it kill someone at Cryptic to lean down into "Red-headed stepchild land" and tell the CO people something? It would be nice.

Champions Online Forum Thead "Server crashed?
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • brikksbrikks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game rocks. I came from PWI & gotta say, it feels good to try something so different. Might try a cleric as a second character. Really seems short of them but I like support classes. My first character is the control wizard, he's quite fun. Thanks for the updates can't wait to play more.
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course not. My desire for an ETA doesn't mean that I actually EXPECT one. That being said, they don't even HAVE an ETA right now. I'll be glad when they have one, but I'm more interested in the "Cry havoc, and let slip the orcs of war!" notification. ;)
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its getting worse the Alpha Quadrant has called for war on the City of Neverwinter O__O

Can magic missiles get through shields :/

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=651451&page=11
  • ex0tr4xex0tr4x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any one able to connect ?

Seems the servers are down again :(
  • cuzquitowcuzquitow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a backup /joke
  • randomzanerandomzane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact that you're unable to recover from a hardware failure that effects ALL of your games in under 3 hours is pitiful. Your planning is poor and your disaster recovery testing is poor as well.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    Considering they rake in millions on their games, that is chump change.

wow what a silly thing to say. They made 8 million in revenue last year. that's not profit that's revenue look up the difference I don't care to explain it. Of that revenue maybe 20% was profit.

so your statement that they rake in millions is a false statement. Here is a link http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-20-perfect-world-revenue-and-profit-down-year-over-year
  • gngigngi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wish there was some app that allowed me to train professions while I'm outside of the game.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing to see here just trollolling along, keep it moving....
  • vmpkoavmpkoa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to know, just for the sake of curiosity, how many people ARE trying to log in right now, and WHAT kind of effect that has on wether they can get their job done quickly or not? Admin?
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the update!
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr0m wrote: »
    Umm actually it is. When you're talking about a game that is supposed to bring in hundreds of millions of monies - any 2-3 hour outage during peak hour in the first few days of (soft) launch is a potential multi million dollar loss in the long run.

I work in IT for the Power Industry... Energy. You want to know what they spend on redundancy per year per power plant to ensure redundancy? About $300M USD per plant per year. Their infrastructure is FAR FAR less complex than a Game company is and while it may seem trivial to purchase additional gear, it's not cheap. Not even for Emerson or HoneyWell or Invensys and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> devaluates quicker than cars do.

So while Perfect World Entertainment, Inc. a subsidiary of Perfect World Co. does have deeper pockets than some, it is widely common in the IT Industry to buy as needed and deal with the fall-out. IT is always secondary afterall.

My guess is they had a load balancer failure. F5 BigIP = $300,000 for a company like this. Not exactly something you want to have shelf spares for.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • rich12rich12 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont trust them I want to see the dead metallic corpse of this so call hardware malfunction. Remember that theses guys are either little skinny guys or over weight and out of shape and servers are not light so give them time they only have so many inhaler puffs.(JK)
  • dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm an understanding person but these constant "coming up soon!" has led me to keep trying. We're going on 2+ hours of a sudden outage during primetime on the 2nd day after release. I don't want to be insulting but where I work people's heads would roll, how is there no backup and nobody that can fix this?

If I let things go down for 2+ hours during peak time with no ETA and no status updates I'd be unemployed very quickly.

It's starting to make me question if the rumors about PW being a bargain basement China branch are true.
  • ex0tr4xex0tr4x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oooops
    "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our servers. We are investigating this issue and are working to bring the shard back online. Thank you for your patience!"

missed that msg :P
  • nostalg1cnostalg1c Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if the servers are actually fine and this was a way to get more followers on twitter?
  • ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12 people - maybe more.
  • fearthehydrasfearthehydras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Its getting worse the Alpha Quadrant has called for war on the City of Neverwinter O__O

Can magic missiles get through shields :/

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=651451&page=11

Unknown, but I'm relatively sure phasers won't be particularly slowed by my GF.

We're DOOMED!
  • txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nostalg1c wrote: »
    What if the servers are actually fine and this was a way to get more followers on twitter?
    If so, well played. It worked.
    Waiting for paladins...