Options

Server crashed?

Comments

• Options
    furio6furio6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omg server down
  • Options
    lasciverlasciver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, game doesn't seem to be worth it anyway. Its basically unplayable, due to 175ms ping and twitch skills required. You cant block attacks as the guardian for instance. You put your shield up, they hit you, you take dmg through your shield. Incredibly annoying.

Given that I have ~250 ping for the most part when playing (Playing from Australia), I understand your issues with blocking, but for the most part, you end up memorizing at what point things are going to attack and you block the swing even lands as a second-nature. I do hope you're able to get used to it, though.
  • Options
    sythronsythron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    We are all quite impressed that people still remember sebestimation. This issue is not being sebestimated, however!

Our servers decided to wait until we weren't looking to explode. Thanks for your patience guys- we'll get this back online soon!

Correction: SOON!(tm)
  • Options
    kevral1kevral1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep...server is down hard
  • Options
    xsensuxxsensux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Because i can't help myself.

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA im on skype with a friend who is acting just like that hahahahaha awesome.
  • Options
    infinitesyninfinitesyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all, not sure what these 20 pages of posts say because I just spent 60 minutes logging in 2433 times and none were successful....so i think the servers are down.
  • Options
    pollux0pollux0 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It actually funny watching all my fellow nerds having meltdowns.. calm down, grab a beer and watch some playoff hockey!! You all knew this was bound to happen lol
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure the devs are pleased they have successfully created "E-Crack"..I would be :D
  • Options
    scyntherenscyntheren Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    Yes, but I CAN expect the game I'm playing to not be affected by one I'm not playing.

Trying to defend anything like this is pure idiocy.

STO and Champions Online should NOT be affected when NWO goes down.

Call it one server, or 300 linked together. I really couldn't give a ****. One going down should NOT take down the other two.

Unless it wasn't the server itself that went down, but rather something in the infrastructure... You realize this, yes?
  • Options
    trocan678trocan678 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    You havent played Cryptic games much have you? Trust me on this one its all on the one server XD

You haven't read their faq much have you? Where it specifically states that not only are all the games not one one server...but this game itself isn't even housed on one server.
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Hey all, not sure what these 20 pages of posts say because I just spent 60 minutes logging in 2433 times and none were successful....so i think the servers are down.

What? WHAT?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaffeind wrote: »
    Blades FTW! but in all seriousness..two words. Offsite Failover! Mirroring is a beautiful thing.

It is also an incredibly expensive thing and certainly not cost effective. They have clearly made the decision that the risk of losing players through occasional downtime is acceptable compared to a separate offsite datacenter. Of course they would have offsite backups, but an actual offsite complete failover system is unheard of for all but the most critical types of systems (credit card processors, etc). It makes zero economic sense at all for a f2p mmo, and despite the impression of some people these games are developed to make profits.
  • Options
    triangledevtriangledev Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    le sigh...
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a heads up. D&D is the newest and most effective crack on the market
  • Options
    skeebyskeeby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I think the servers are down, guys.
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pollux0 wrote: »
    It actually funny watching all my fellow nerds having meltdowns.. calm down, grab a beer and watch some playoff hockey!! You all knew this was bound to happen lol
    Problem: NO BEER!!! Servers are down and no beer in sight?! AHHH!!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    MEME%20STO%20Skyrim%20Trendy.png
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Hey I'm just saying what I heard from some of the blokes that made these games there was a time when they used to talk to their players. Then PW took over and it all changed.

If I knew how these things worked I'd be phoning them up telling them how to fix it then asking for my free sparkle spider :P

**** things too interconnected its just madness they havent fixed it yet. It used to happen all the time with just Champs and Trek :I

Clearly you read something you did not understand if you are still convinced all this is on one server. Yes as I said before some of these things are interconnected. They are not controlling the Space Station here they do not need 100% uptime. People complain about cash shop prices already. If they were going to go with completely seperate infrastructure for every game those respec tokens everyone are complaining about would cost a whole lot more.
  • Options
    skreebusskreebus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes the servers crashed. I started getting rubberbanding then it just dropped. But we haven't had an official report as to what is going on yet.
  • Options
    tirnanogtirnanog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noxshadow1 wrote: »
    Okay...seriously? Do we need FOURTEEN pages of the same thing!? YES! The server is down. Repeating it over and over like some unholy mantra is NOT helping.

On a personal note...I don't think I can't get it because the servers are down. I think it's because I'm Mexican...and play a Rogue. Just because I carry knives doesn't mean I'll cut you Cryptic! That's racist!

i told you not to do it didn't i
  • Options
    sycoinc87sycoinc87 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    had the same thing, mid dungeon run about 25min in and froze and crashed... took like 30 min to find a group :/
  • Options
    sinailtsinailt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's it. I'm going back to Hello Kitty Online.
  • Options
    darqauradarqaura Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    scyntheren wrote: »
    Unless it wasn't the server itself that went down, but rather something in the infrastructure... You realize this, yes?

There are other companies that run multiple mmos that don't have one take down their others. Your point?

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeby wrote: »

LMAO! That is awesome. I used to love Strongbad back in the day. This is my new link to use when I have to email the rest of my technical team to take a server down.
  • Options
    pollux0pollux0 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    Dude.. such a newb move. How u have no beer during playoffs!?
  • Options
    punchrx1punchrx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    I dont have any beer but theres a bottle of scotch lookin' sad right now that I think im gonna go cheer up.
  • Options
    handcramphandcramp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That sample size is too small. Keep researching.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    Clearly you read something you did not understand if you are still convinced all this is on one server. Yes as I said before some of these things are interconnected. They are not controlling the Space Station here they do not need 100% uptime. People complain about cash shop prices already. If they were going to go with completely seperate infrastructure for every game those respec tokens everyone are complaining about would cost a whole lot more.

Look I dont care the reason. Its just dumb that all three can crash together. But you raise a far greater question. They have a space station? Does it have death rays and Tie fighters?
    I@I whoosh!
  • Options
    kaffeindkaffeind Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    It is also an incredibly expensive thing and certainly not cost effective. They have clearly made the decision that the risk of losing players through occasional downtime is acceptable compared to a separate offsite datacenter. Of course they would have offsite backups, but an actual offsite complete failover system is unheard of for all but the most critical types of systems (credit card processors, etc). It makes zero economic sense at all for a f2p mmo, and despite the impression of some people these games are developed to make profits.
    Gotta love it, sets the bar really high. :( Offsite backups are a requirement i believe for any customer oriented information at least. But not a full failover.
  • Options
    rhapathyrhapathy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Diablo-3-Servers-Down1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.