test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server crashed?

Comments

• Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on dammit, I have to talk to my wife now...... Thanks a lot......

ROFL!!! My thoughts exactly when a game server crashed during my first couple of marriages.
  • Options
    moeysanmoeysan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    first you should learn not to be a ****** 2nd i live in New Zealand its called a time difference and second it said on the launcher before the servers went down it did say it was going down you should learn to read the launcher
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Wait.......The servers are down???!!!
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what happens when you run 3 mmos and share servers for them.

Yeah and PWE paid over 50 million for cryptic studios so it's not like they don't have the money for it lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_(company)
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Looks like the web site server is getting ready to bite the dust. Refreshes are getting longer.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    100 my *** the devs has said to us on the forumites channel how it works on CO and STO its a partitioned thingy and it seems NW shares the same thing :P

Just ask Gentle Man Crush he's the one that said.

In all likelihood there are multiple blade servers and some are shared. For example a cluster of servers that accomodate the chat system for multiple games, a cluster for mail, etc. Then each game will have its own clusters of servers. In all likelihood a blade server design.

Just because you think you know how server architecture works because you read a quote about a "partition thingy" means nothing.
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $5 says it was the guy who crashed the Forsaken World servers because he was "sebestimated".
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, I think the servers are down.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me Ima watch Game of Thrones Boxset at the mo. Whut you guys upto?
  • Options
    uncmartuncmart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riepah wrote: »
    Oh god, I think the servers are down.

Wait, are you telling me the servers are down?
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I got to 60 and a few epic items all today I am pretty happy lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    uncmart wrote: »

I'm afraid so, comrade. I might be mistaken but I can not log in at the moment!
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    They're down!!! They're down!!!!

The servers!!! Oh God!!!
  • Options
    fuddanfuddan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, game doesn't seem to be worth it anyway. Its basically unplayable, due to 175ms ping and twitch skills required. You cant block attacks as the guardian for instance. You put your shield up, they hit you, you take dmg through your shield. Incredibly annoying.

Obviously it's your connection not the server.. I always use my block and it always blocks when I want it to block, no lag when I block.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, If the game didnt have cross friends lists and cross mail i might say it didnt share common servers... but they do share mail, friends list and even custom chat channels. The servers are connected in one way or another so Cryptic can save a lot of cash.

Being "connected" and all running on a single server as the OP was claiming are very different things. Yes they all likely share some architecture. That does not mean there are not at least dozens of physical servers that make up the architecture. Setting up a datacenter costs more than a few dollars it only makes sense they would want to share some components in the infrastructure. Cannot exactly expect 24/7 guaranteed uptime on a F2P game.... heck you cannot reasonably expect it on a subscription model.
  • Options
    stormkeep#9618 stormkeep Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moeysan wrote: »
    first you should learn not to be a ****** 2nd i live in New Zealand its called a time difference and second it said on the launcher before the servers went down it did say it was going down you should learn to read the launcher

The message gave the time ZONE with the time, it does not matter at all where you live...unless you are incapable of looking at a time with a time zone and converting it correctly to your own, in which case you should use a web site that does it for you.
  • Options
    darkantaresdarkantares Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but server is down?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    uncmart wrote: »

• Options
    qualityplayerqualityplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ROFL!!! My thoughts exactly when a game server crashed during my first couple of marriages.

******-alert.
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think the servers are done... hmm what should i do......
  • Options
    moeysanmoeysan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i think the servers are done... hmm what should i do......

Try logging in repeatedly, they might be up next time you try!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riepah wrote: »

What are you, some kind of Commie?
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I guess I could play LoL for a bit...
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because i can't help myself.

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • Options
    darqauradarqaura Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    Being "connected" and all running on a single server as the OP was claiming are very different things. Yes they all likely share some architecture. That does not mean there are not at least dozens of physical servers that make up the architecture. Setting up a datacenter costs more than a few dollars it only makes sense they would want to share some components in the infrastructure. Cannot exactly expect 24/7 guaranteed uptime on a F2P game.... heck you cannot reasonably expect it on a subscription model.

Yes, but I CAN expect the game I'm playing to not be affected by one I'm not playing.

Trying to defend anything like this is pure idiocy.

STO and Champions Online should NOT be affected when NWO goes down.

Call it one server, or 300 linked together. I really couldn't give a ****. One going down should NOT take down the other two.

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I'm just saying what I heard from some of the blokes that made these games there was a time when they used to talk to their players. Then PW took over and it all changed.

If I knew how these things worked I'd be phoning them up telling them how to fix it then asking for my free sparkle spider :P

**** things too interconnected its just madness they havent fixed it yet. It used to happen all the time with just Champs and Trek :I
  • Options
    firesolved666firesolved666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    We are all quite impressed that people still remember sebestimation. This issue is not being sebestimated, however!

I literally lol'ed. Good times (awesome title). There should TOTALLY be a title for this outage. :D
  • Options
    kaffeindkaffeind Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blades FTW! but in all seriousness..two words. Offsite Failover! Mirroring is a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    nightelf34nightelf34 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /This is a win!
This discussion has been closed.