test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ZEN for Respect? are you serious?

huma69huma69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Okay, you said neverwinter is not p2w right? then why i should pay for respect my character build? what i should do if i fail on my build? leveling another char? what i do if i dont have money? play a broken character? stop be greedy or all people leave of your game pls
Post edited by huma69 on

Comments

• Options
    suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You CAN exchange astral diamonds for ZEN.

TYVM, moving on........
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    huma69 wrote: »
    Okay, you said neverwinter is not p2w right? then why i should pay for respect my character build? what i should do if i fail on my build? leveling another char? what i do if i dont have money? play a broken character? stop be greedy or all people leave of your game pls

Game is free...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    game is free but i must spend money if i want respect my build?
  • Options
    johnnyallenjohnnyallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    think this guy is a troll?
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stop be greedy or all people leave of your game pls

Plenty of f2p games do this so not sure why some are acting like this is some huge issue.

The only time I would gripe about them needing to give out free respecs is if they make any major changes to powers/feats that would affect a class or classes.
  • Options
    toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here I thought this thread was going to be about the number of people who think they deserve respect because they bought so much Zen.
  • Options
    sdeaconsdeacon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You clearly did not read the posts below yours. You can earn astral diamonds in game through dailies, invocation and selling via AH, then exchange them for ZEN.
  • Options
    mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Trade ASTRAL DIAMONDS (which are earnable IN GAME) for ZEN.

There you go. Now go away.
  • Options
    hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    suparstarx wrote: »

TYVM, moving on........

Yup, and at the current rate of 469 AD per 1 zeny that's about 280k AD to respec.

Be reasonable and keep moving on. Thanks.
  • Options
    dlsilencedlsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except you exchange astral diamonds for Zen.. so ... yes game is still free.
  • Options
    moonhammermoonhammer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with OP respecs should always cost next to nothing they should charge like 50c for respecs to encourage people to try out different builds.

Making respecs so expensive doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not sure why this is so surprising for many people. This is one of the most common cash shop items i see, on top of race/class changes or appearance changes.
  • Options
    toggledshottoggledshot Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think people shouldn't cry about getting to play a game for free. Paying for something like a respect is reasonable since YOU AREN'T PAYING **** TO PLAY... lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hahaha ok i go farm 5 months to exchange for zen for make a ****ing respect build, trolls come at me
  • Options
    wraithgorewraithgore Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simply put it is a free game. YOU Huma69 Have a CHOICE of FREE WILL to spend that money for "Respect". You can if you choose as stated earlier, earn it as well through gaining Astral Diamonds to trade in and Cryptic/PW give you these Diamonds FREE as a random bonus if you haven't gotten that far in game yet through Invocations from the Gods. As with any game, the makers need to make money to keep the servers running, etc. And thus there is that Free Choice to Pay for extras/Bonuses you normally wouldn't get. As a developer myself and one who works pro bono - yes i work for free sometimes, or most of the time - I find it annoying about this disgust at having to pay for Zen or such on this game. It's what allows YOU and any gamer to keep playing it. If you hear the tone in this reply, it is meant for those who bash this company and any other company out there that does offer a Legitimately free game but need to keep their overhead to the best they can so they can grow like any other business. So what they do, they offer perks, etc through buying Zen and Founder status, etc... This IS a free game, it is as stated before your Free Choice to play and pay for extras.

Wraith
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hahaha ok i go farm 5 months to exchange for zen for make a ****ing respect build, trolls come at me

Or you can pay less than a subscription and help support game development a little.

Entitled kids.... wow
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Or you can pay less than a subscription and help support game development a little.

Entitled kids.... wow
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The notion of Free to play and pay to win. He considers paying for a respec "p2w". This is all an issue because before the game came out the touted it at pax and other event as a NOT pay to win game.

It is, they lied, you can purchase character power through AD. Yes you can earn everything in the game, that does take away from the fact that you can put real money into it to progress further on hard boss fights, pay for gear off the auction house (yes the best in the game), or that the only way to get "good" people to craft your stuff is to purchase their 16$ profession pack. (Crafting makes some of the best gear in the game also, only way you can make the best is to buy a bunch of Prof packs.

I know you are a Fanboy, I am too; I'm still interested in the game and still playing it.

Look at the facts in the game, go and look in game to see if ANYTHING I said above is wrong. You will find that everything I said is how it is at this moment.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The notion of Free to play and pay to win. He considers paying for a respec "p2w". This is all an issue because before the game came out the touted it at pax and other event as a NOT pay to win game.

It is, they lied, you can purchase character power through AD. Yes you can earn everything in the game, that does take away from the fact that you can put real money into it to progress further on hard boss fights, pay for gear off the auction house (yes the best in the game), or that the only way to get "good" people to craft your stuff is to purchase their 16$ profession pack. (Crafting makes some of the best gear in the game also, only way you can make the best is to buy a bunch of Prof packs.

I know you are a Fanboy, I am too; I'm still interested in the game and still playing it.

Look at the facts in the game, go and look in game to see if ANYTHING I said above is wrong. You will find that everything I said is how it is at this moment.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    squirrelguy446squirrelguy446 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not "respect" it's "re-spec" as in "re-specialize"
    Respect is what you lost when you came in here griping about something so silly. If you don't want to spend money, be careful with your build, and take note to what these others were nice enough to share with you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    be careful with your build? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD how i test the skills then? stfu fanboys
  • Options
    camadascamadas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »

I have to agree with this ... for example today i was talking with some other menbers of a guild where I'm, and most of them, they will not spend money on the cash shop because its all too much expensive .... one of them in 1 month of F2P Tera he spend arround
  • Options
    ragnarok1011ragnarok1011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    On another note, if you are just resetting the powers, that can be done with just AD. It will not offer up the option unless you have enough AD to actually do it. I did it earlier. I think the cost to me was 24k astral diamond. There you go. Now you don't have to spend a dime. Nothing like supporting a good game by not spending any money in it.
  • Options
    mizniq1mizniq1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand that the developers will attach Zen costs on certain things, for F2P games that's just how things work, however I believe that your characters' spec is a core game mechanic that affects your playstyle and shouldn't come with a "newcomer ignorance penalty" as new players will inevitably make mistakes.

At the very least I think the first respec should be either free, require Gold/AD or acquired at certain levels 30/60.
  • Options
    forgottentadpoleforgottentadpole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree, I love the game, and its fine by me that they charge ZEN for most of the cool stuff, but charging ZEN to re-spec is taking it a bit too far imo. They could have either gone with gold for re-spec, or at least hand out a token or two at lvl 60 so people might actually play around with builds, or simply take a bit more dungeon oriented build in the end. That would award people for investing time in the game and reaching maximum level.
    Some classes like cleric for example take a huge loss in dps when focusing on healing perks, punishing their solo leveling, not to mention if some of the stuff works at all, I took a lot of threat reduction and it doesn't feel like its helping a lot.
    I'm pretty sure they are making a lot of money of players as it is just on the keys to open the lock boxes, the amount of mount announcements pretty much tells us that.

At the moment the game feels a bit too punishing for those who have little money to spend on it.
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Apologies if someone has already said this, but I don't think you'll get any respect even if you pay for it.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suparstarx wrote: »

TYVM, moving on........
    you forgot to finish the sentence

"...and if you play casually, you'll get enough ADs to purchase one respec in around 3 months...and if your experiment didnt go as planned, it will be another 3 months before you can revert it"

uh? did you hear that noise? whats that?
    ah ya, its the sound of 98% of the current playerbase leaving the game before the end of the month
  • Options
    ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sad part is the question isn't about supporting the devs but how to support them. I have no problems spending money on looking cool and whatnot, hell I've spent probably well over $300.00 in League of Legends just for skins.

Here the most I could bring myself to do was get 2 more character slots and at this point I'm starting to think I made a mistake even in that because instead of charging for oddball things they are milking you on things that should be normally through the game.

And as some have said I'd rather have paid a monthly fee then see some of these stupid prices on things that should be available normally in game and not at super grind because its tied into their real money cash grab.
  • Options
    pojebanydzikpojebanydzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE is well know for p2w attitude but when it comes to Neverwinter online... god **** can you even imagine that we are playing this game for free? This game is the best title that came out since long long time. Game is just so good that i would love to spend few euros to support it.
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    you forgot to finish the sentence

"...and if you play casually, you'll get enough ADs to purchase one respec in around 3 months...and if your experiment didnt go as planned, it will be another 3 months before you can revert it"

uh? did you hear that noise? whats that?
    ah ya, its the sound of 98% of the current playerbase leaving the game before the end of the month

Cool, thanks, on 1 June when this hasn't happened I will make a thread to rub your nose in your failed prophecy.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.