test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ZEN for Respect? are you serious?

Comments

• Options
    proceduralprocedural Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Or you can pay less than a subscription and help support game development a little.

Entitled kids.... wow

Well yeah, for one respec. I can see what he's saying, though. If I planned on doing my WoW thing - raids during the week, PvP on the weekends - I would need to switch specs twice a week (more if there was a superspecial progression raid that weekend). That would start to add up. As I imagine my ADs would be used for more important things at that point, I can't see giving up 280k per respec.

Then, I used to throw away gold like it was garbage for respecs before the dual-spec system was introduced in WoW, so who knows? 280k could end up being chump change. I do think it's a little expensive, though.
  • Options
    asneakyyordleasneakyyordle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paying for respec isn't a deal breaker, but it does feel cheap. I have no problem with paying, but the current price is a bit excessive for a respec, especially for anyone who likes to try different things. I love paying for things that make sense to me, I spend too much on things when they don't feel forced (I think I'm up almost to 2 grand in LoL). The problem for me is paying for something that was taken out to get in the way and twist my arm into paying, not something that actually adds to my experience. I don't particularly like a cash shop for things that add to character power, but its not really a problem for me, but things like this however just cheapen the game.
  • Options
    kassadiuskassadius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1- Trading AD for Zen is a player market. The price will fluctuate. The game just "launched" (yeah, open beta without character wipes, I call that a launch). Right now people are trying to make a quick buck by selling high. Wait for it to come down it won't be that bad.

2- Astral Diamonds are easy to come by, it's not like it's a level60 item only obtainable through raids only and on a timed cooldown or anything.

3- Welcome to the world of MMOs, where stuff is supposed to take time and investments from the player to achieve something. Granted, a respec is a basic function, but we're talking about a free game here, they have to make their money somewhere. The key to F2P games is, and always has been "pay up or spend time in-game to achieve it", and that's fine. If everything was super easy to obtain, what reason would you have to log in the game? One of the biggest aspects of the MMO genre is working towards a goal, and having fun doing it. Getting everything easy just takes everything away.

4- This game is not another game. Why should respecs be bought through gold? 'Cause WoW did it? 'Cause every other MMO does it? I remember back in the days of Dark Age of Camelot and Everquest, where respecing wasn't a key feature in a game. And it didn't mean it was a poor game. You had to make your choices matter. Kids nowadays just want everything force-fed to 'em in the easiest manner I swear.

5- Leveling is crazy quick in this game compared to other MMOs. So alright, you don't wanna fork the couple of bucks to respec? Fine, you can just level another character. It's not like it's gonna you a year to get it to 60. And if it WOULD take you a year, then this means you're crazy casual about the game. What is it for you to pay a couple of bucks a year to get a character you enjoy playing? Hell, it's still a heck of a lot cheaper than paying a subscription.
  • Options
    krhaelkrhael Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    you forgot to finish the sentence

"...and if you play casually, you'll get enough ADs to purchase one respec in around 3 months...and if your experiment didnt go as planned, it will be another 3 months before you can revert it"

uh? did you hear that noise? whats that?
    ah ya, its the sound of 98% of the current playerbase leaving the game before the end of the month

This was my fear.

Ah well, I'm just going to try out every power before and then hit max level before I buy a token.

I really wish this game would over a premium subscription service, as I don't really have any interest in comestic items, keys for lock boxes or bags, but respecing to get the correct build is a must, It's especially burdensom when I don't have a way to test a power to see if it suits my current build. Give me an xp buff, free respecs for all of my characters, and maybe some proffesion benefits and I'd gladly pay a sub.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mizniq1 wrote: »

At the very least I think the first respec should be either free, require Gold/AD or acquired at certain levels 30/60.

So I am guessing you missed the other dozen posts that indicated you can do exactly what you just asked for. The acceptable options you gave were "free", "Gold/AD", or aquired at 30/60. You are in luck.... as many others have indicated you can use AD to get your respec. In fact you can use AD to get EVERYTHING in that game just by converting it to ZEN. Getting the AD required for enough ZEN to respec at a low level would be difficult, but then again not that necessary to respec at low levels you will quickly be higher level. At higher levels getting the AD required to get enough ZEN to respec is not that hard at all.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can get some free respect here.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    blindprophetblindprophet Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On another note, if you are just resetting the powers, that can be done with just AD. It will not offer up the option unless you have enough AD to actually do it. I did it earlier. I think the cost to me was 24k astral diamond. There you go. Now you don't have to spend a dime. Nothing like supporting a good game by not spending any money in it.

Because just about everyone replying here has missed this...all complaining about it being pay to win when theres the option to use what a few days worth of astral diamonds...
  • Options
    crashbetatestcrashbetatest Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First respec should be free !!
  • Options
    abracazarkhorabracazarkhor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P. You want to respec but can't afford 6 bucks? OK, here's a little secret:

reroll = respec

Have fun with that while you're painting my house

Quoted from another thread. I love this guy.
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to answer your question -f you **** up your build yes. yes, you should start a new char

****ing softies these days dont know what an mmo really is in its true form

the first and best mmo ive played took 6 months to get to max level and there were no respecs. id play that still if it didnt get handed over to moneygrubbers who put in an item shop
  • Options
    relaximadoctorrelaximadoctor Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Respec should cost Astral diamonds too, or at least be less expensive. Maybe PWE could give out 1 free respec or something.
  • Options
    mizniq1mizniq1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    So I am guessing you missed the other dozen posts that indicated you can do exactly what you just asked for. The acceptable options you gave were "free", "Gold/AD", or aquired at 30/60. You are in luck.... as many others have indicated you can use AD to get your respec. In fact you can use AD to get EVERYTHING in that game just by converting it to ZEN. Getting the AD required for enough ZEN to respec at a low level would be difficult, but then again not that necessary to respec at low levels you will quickly be higher level. At higher levels getting the AD required to get enough ZEN to respec is not that hard at all.

No, I didn't. I meant to imply that the AD/Gold cost would be low as the previous option listed before it was 'free' I assumed that those reading would assume lol.

That aside while acquiring AD at higher levels may be easier though still requiring a bit of effort, my point was that the very first respec should be readily available to anyone and it would be up to the player to decide when to use it.
  • Options
    ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to answer your question -f you **** up your build yes. yes, you should start a new char

****ing softies these days dont know what an mmo really is in its true form

the first and best mmo ive played took 6 months to get to max level and there were no respecs. id play that still if it didnt get handed over to moneygrubbers who put in an item shop

sure lets all go back to no respec times I have no problem with that.

while the game does have the feature tho it shouldn't be a monetary one (even if you can exchange)

Edit: Also sidenote respec back then were nowhere near as important since the games didn't change much outside of paid for expansions nowadays games are constantly in flux with constant updates and changes making respecs almost mandatory.
  • Options
    mannerothemannerothe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A spec is a specialization. Respect, on the otherhand, is something trolls will never get, even if they DO buy zen....
  • Options
    agentreacheryagentreachery Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must say i'm a bit surprised at the amount of people who cant tell the difference between PTW and pay to short cut the game mechanics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    On another note, if you are just resetting the powers, that can be done with just AD. It will not offer up the option unless you have enough AD to actually do it. I did it earlier. I think the cost to me was 24k astral diamond. There you go. Now you don't have to spend a dime. Nothing like supporting a good game by not spending any money in it.

Because you all are still missing this....
  • Options
    valondonvalondon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's Pay to Win for sure. Yeah yeah, I know that its free to play, it doesn't change the fact that I don't like this particular free to play model. There are known and tested ways to design a cash shop so its not pay to win and still turn a profit for the company. Respecs shouldn't cost real money.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool, thanks, on 1 June when this hasn't happened I will make a thread to rub your nose in your failed prophecy.

I wont be here. and I think not many people will be here to watch you trying

have fun with your crappy cash grab scheme with a layer of gameplay on top. and when you feel bad about yourself, think I'll be having fun in some other P2P game...so you can feel even worse =)
  • Options
    headlessdeadbabyheadlessdeadbaby Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, op is totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, BUT i think that paying to respec with zen is dumb, we don't even have class sections in the forum, i stopped playing today because i hit lvl 20 and dont know what to lvl up and im scared of ****ing **** up
  • Options
    fattypatty1fattypatty1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Op is both right and wrong here. I do agree that respec should not be as expensive as it is right now, but I do not think they are greedy. Sure the cash shop may be a bit expensive right now, but the most expensive and ridiculously priced items are cosmetic, like a 40 dollar worg, or a wedding dress.

There is nothing wrong with PWE making money from a game, like some people are saying. You will NEVER find a f2p game where everything is free.

Gw2 has an initial purchase price, and yet still has a successful cash shop. Gw2 has it as right as you can get in regards to prices imo. When you say f2p game, people think its FREE. It will be a good game without purchases. Where does the money come from for the company then?

The only two items that I feel should not cost zen (or very little zen) are respecs and bags. I can understand if the large, 20-30 slot bags are zen, in fact I would encourage it. That would be a great cash store item, and some people would be all over that.

Only giving us two bags for free in a game with so many consumables like kits or potions, plus the enchants that take up room is silly. Not game-breaking by any means, but very annoying. I would not pay for something so simple, as I feel like I would be wasting money. As a college kid, money is everything!

Hopefully I had my facts straight here, if I missed anything or didn't make sense somewhere, be kind... 8 hours of class and 6 hours of work today :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mannerothe wrote: »
    A spec is a specialization. Respect, on the otherhand, is something trolls will never get, even if they DO buy zen....

thank you for that lovely lesson there professor.
    now if your done trying to incite forum flame wars how about putting in something constructive to this conversations, unless you actually can't make out people typing respec as re-spec?
  • Options
    galavorevanaragalavorevanara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all i'm gonna say is that if you have to pay to get respect, then you have other issues going on in your life.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must say i'm a bit surprised at the amount of people who cant tell the difference between PTW and pay to short cut the game mechanics.

and Im surprised at the amount of people who cant tell the difference between a game mechanic, and an obvious inconvenience designed by a psychologist (not a software engineer), implemented on purpose to annoy people enough to force them open their wallet
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Again...because no one seems to be able to read...
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no reason the game can't allow respec tokens to drop and sell them. Marvel Heroes is doing it. Why because respecing is basic amenity of mmorpgs. Forcing a cash purchase to fix a simple mistake, is dirty pool.

This game has more than enough means to make money without making the prospect of changing your character a joyless exercise.

Either that or lower the horrible prices in the shop. I won't spend another penny until prices become more reasonable, and I have no problem giving the company money. I already gave them sixty.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Again...because no one seems to be able to read...

that is just powers and what about feats?
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah so they put most players into a trap by making them think they could test out the skills and pay a cheap price for the first respec at 60.

So sad.
  • Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    R e s p e c t
    Close The World.txeN ehT nepO
  • Options
    agentreacheryagentreachery Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    and Im surprised at the amount of people who cant tell the difference between a game mechanic, and an obvious inconvenience designed by a psychologist (not a software engineer), implemented on purpose to annoy people enough to force them open their wallet

Forced eh? that's quite a problem you have there. Unfortunately I don't know any games run by charities so I cant help you.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really do not like the respec thing. I like to pvp and do dungeons. I will not be able to do both at the costs of respecs, so I will have to stick to one type of gameplay. Like hell I am going to spend that kind of AD on a respec... they should want us to experiment with our classes so that we still want to play!

Also I know this is a free game, however, some games are only 15$ a month, but this cash shop wants F'ing 10$ for a 24 slot bag... seriously? ...10$ for a virtual bag..... I usually do not complain, but this is the WORST cash shop I have ever seen when it comes to pricing, just horrible.

Also their is a cap on how much AD you can refine a day, making the saving the AD up for such things a bit harder.. in case you others did not know, I think its like 25k