Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.13

Comments

• Options
    ashtrayloudashtrayloud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updates please when it's complete!
  • Options
    n8rush05n8rush05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I think the people who put their minds to ease calling it a beta are the ones who are naive. Being that this isn't the first "mmo" to launch, companies by this point should understand server limitations. They should know to take their projected load and quintuple it.
    It's quite clear this is a soft launch, no character wipes, paying for "access", etc. If you are fooled into the beta title; then I think it is safe to say that YOU have not been around many launches. I won't go and say it's all PWE, most companies in this day and age release this way. However, you're foolish to accept it as a "beta". What it is, is poor planning and/or a deliberate attempt to get people to buy their 200$ VIP since 60 isn't enough....

I'm not saying performance/ques/etc. won't improve, but seriously....stop calling it a beta. This isn't my first rodeo.
    :cool:
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solidwolfy wrote: »
    isn't it 2.5h ?

would've been 2.5 if it weren't for daylight savings. PDT not PST.
  • Options
    grasskobenkliefgrasskobenklief Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else having their Launcher crash on them now?
  • Options
    ravyn47ravyn47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xroachp wrote: »
    O m f g The Queue @ this moment 3750 Jipie wainting all day

Ha should have been on yesterday if oyu think 3750 is bad. Try being in the 7000 mark...3750 was a great number for anyone of us to see yesterday, it ment we were half way to being able to log in!
  • Options
    axeroixaxeroix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same i have had this problem since todays update
  • Options
    koijukoiju Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    n8rush05 wrote: »
    Personally, I think the people who put their minds to ease calling it a beta are the ones who are naive. Being that this isn't the first "mmo" to launch, companies by this point should understand server limitations. They should know to take their projected load and quintuple it.
    It's quite clear this is a soft launch, no character wipes, paying for "access", etc. If you are fooled into the beta title; then I think it is safe to say that YOU have not been around many launches. I won't go and say it's all PWE, most companies in this day and age release this way. However, you're foolish to accept it as a "beta". What it is, is poor planning and/or a deliberate attempt to get people to buy their 200$ VIP since 60 isn't enough....

I'm not saying performance/ques/etc. won't improve, but seriously....stop calling it a beta. This isn't my first rodeo.

Wow, conspiracy theory much? Why does everyone think it's some attempt to fleece money out of people? where is the trust? Geez, you people are way too cynical :P

In any case, I don;t call it beta to ease my mind, I call it beta because the dev's do. 'beta' is an abstract concept, a beta is anything the dev's decide it is as it's just part of a development cycle. Sure, for some companies its a soft launch (maybe even most companies), but for others its still a proper testing stage. The actual definition of beta varies from company to company, so there is no point in arguing about what it means or what it should entail, it means and entails whatever the dev's say it does, if they wanna test server stability during open beta, that is their choice :P

The only thing I'm bothered by when it comes to this sort of thing is response time, **** happens, mistakes are made, we're all human, it's how you respond to the mistakes (and how fast) that's important.
    In this case, I am currently happy with Cryptic, they have responded quickly and well enough imo.
  • Options
    vardhynvardhyn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koiju wrote: »
    Wow, conspiracy theory much? Why does everyone think it's some attempt to fleece money out of people? where is the trust? Geez, you people are way too cynical :P

In any case, I don;t call it beta to ease my mind, I call it beta because the dev's do. 'beta' is an abstract concept, a beta is anything the dev's decide it is as it's just part of a development cycle. Sure, for some companies its a soft launch (maybe even most companies), but for others its still a proper testing stage. The actual definition of beta varies from company to company, so there is no point in arguing about what it means or what it should entail, it means and entails whatever the dev's say it does, if they wanna test server stability during open beta, that is their choice :P

The only thing I'm bothered by when it comes to this sort of thing is response time, **** happens, mistakes are made, we're all human, it's how you respond to the mistakes (and how fast) that's important.
    In this case, I am currently happy with Cryptic, they have responded quickly and well enough imo.

full ACK :D
  • Options
    banditflyybanditflyy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guess what, EvE doesn't have more then ONE server and there's no queue there despite having upwards of 100k people logged in...

There's not even a queue right after the daily downtime...

Just so that you know, you did make a slight mistake concerning the EVE fact, they have a single shard, which is made from many servers that are clustered so that everyone plays in the same instance. They usually do have good performance but they have been working at this for over a decade so that is to be expected. :)
  • Options
    lmef20009lmef20009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    I'm just saying, but cryptic should give some kind of gift for those of us who pay (Like zens or something like that).
  • Options
    mawaddah444mawaddah444 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but you guys wanted to buy so do not have to give anything
  • Options
    shootergamerespshootergameresp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long does the maintenance?
    Thanks
  • Options
    cripz1cripz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lmef20009 wrote: »
    I'm just saying, but cryptic should give some kind of gift for those of us who pay (Like zens or something like that).

Yeah because you where forced to pay right?
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long does the maintenance?
    Thanks

It'll end in 1 hour and 4 minutes from now.
  • Options
    lmef20009lmef20009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    For what they said in the facebook page, till 11:00 am.
  • Options
    megamonstermanmegamonsterman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have never seen more than a maximum of about 30.000 online in EVE at a time. Also, to compare these two games just because they are server based MMO's is simply stupid.
  • Options
    shootergamerespshootergameresp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you very much. A greeting
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That is why I said "I'm just saying", it was just a suggest.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no response to the issue of people not receiving their astral diamonds for items they have sold. Nobody appears to be getting paid, since zen and astral diamonds are interchangeable this effectively means real cash that people are owed.

So far this has not been addressed even with an "ok we agree its an issue and are looking into it, you will be paid your diamonds when we fix it".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cripz1 wrote: »
    Yeah because you where forced to pay right?

That is why I said "I'm just saying", it was just a suggest.
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cryptic is calling it Beta, so it is Beta. You do not get to dictate the terms of this game. Why not just accept the game for what it is instead of worrying about some petty label? And, no, you're absolutely wrong when it comes to the total preparation for an onslaught of people suddenly crashing through the gates. Development teams can only prepare for so many issues and run simulations in limited capacity. They made 3 Shards, allowed for lots of instances, etc.

So it's Beta...it isn't Beta...soft launch...either way your labels as well as your thinking is flawed. MMOs are all a work in progress regardless of their labeling/development stage. If they aren't, then it's highly likely that they have one foot in the grave.
  • Options
    reik0suavereik0suave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Entitled much? What, not happy with the gifts and rewards you got with the $60 you gave up before? Maybe you should have considered that before hand. They don't have to give anyone anything they don't feel like giving. Money only goes so far. You knew well in advance what your money was going to buy. That's all you should get. That's how transactions work. They give you a list of items to buy you accept those terms by handing your money over. The deal is done. You can't just go walk back up to them asking for more, because now, after the transaction has been settled. You somehow don't feel like you got what you paid for. That's not their problem. It's yours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    reik0suave wrote: »
    Entitled much? What, not happy with the gifts and rewards you got with the $60 you gave up before? Maybe you should have considered that before hand. They don't have to give anyone anything they don't feel like giving. Money only goes so far. You knew well in advance what your money was going to buy. That's all you should get. That's how transactions work. They give you a list of items to buy you accept those terms by handing your money over. The deal is done. You can't just go walk back up to them asking for more, because now, after the transaction has been settled. You somehow don't feel like you got what you paid for. That's not their problem. It's yours.

Like I already explained, it was just a suggest.
  • Options
    cripz1cripz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like I already explained, it was just a suggest.

A bad suggestion.
  • Options
    koijukoiju Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vardhyn wrote: »
    full ACK :D

Excuse my ignorance, but what does 'full ACK' mean? :S
  • Options
    actepukcactepukc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much this main will last, no info about that.
    And why everytime my client update from NW.1.20130416a.12 to NW.1.20130416a.13 ?
    Never win, never lose.
    Just live.
  • Options
    v0273xv0273x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blujoker wrote: »
    Kill the gnome, cause you know he is making mischief in the magic box. ;)

lol if only... As those know in DnD lore, fidily is a epic class wizard. But not just that, an epic class wizard cursed with imortality. I chose run.

Now to a major topic on this games forum. Should Pay to play members get added benifits simply because things go wrong on occasion? My answer... NO! Just because the server(s) have fits does not entitle p2p players to extra benifits. It proves that said 'donations' are still needed to further update hardware/software.

Also Given this is Open Beta. The only thing they knew was they would have problems. It is our job as players to respectfuly report, screenshot, and document these bugs/issues. f2p, p2p, loader, guardian, founder.... we are all the same. We are volenteers to make sure this game flourishes. Step up or go play a game in Live Production Stage.

So you know, I do have some right in telling these whining p2p members to shut up. I just donated to the game. Yes, my proceeds to this game is not a purchase, it is a donation to properly make this game flourish.
  • Options
    n8rush05n8rush05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is calling it Beta, so it is Beta. You do not get to dictate the terms of this game. Why not just accept the game for what it is instead of worrying about some petty label? And, no, you're absolutely wrong when it comes to the total preparation for an onslaught of people suddenly crashing through the gates. Development teams can only prepare for so many issues and run simulations in limited capacity. They made 3 Shards, allowed for lots of instances, etc.

So it's Beta...it isn't Beta...soft launch...either way your labels as well as your thinking is flawed. MMOs are all a work in progress regardless of their labeling/development stage. If they aren't, then it's highly likely that they have one foot in the grave.

I'm sure as a gamer you are used to being served **** and expected to eat up happily. Unfortunately, that is the way games are being released in this era. I was brought up to speak when things aren't right in hopes of correction...or in this example a business model is flawed. I am by no means attempting to fulfill some form of entitlement; simply pointing out the bull where I see it.
    :cool:
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reik0suave wrote: »

Good luck running a business with that kind of logic. When customers spend their money on a product, there is a certain level of expectation that goes beyond the fine prints. Only crooks or incompetent business people would adopt such train of thought. If your customer is not happy, you need to find out why and what you can do to resolve it. Often times it means going above and beyond just to earn the loyalty and hec even maybe referrals from these customer. Obviously you can't please everyone. But when a good chunk of your customer base is not happy with a specific product/transaction, you need to reconsider instead of throwing the "fine print" excuse in their faces and blame them for their lack of due diligence.
    "They dont have to give anyone anything they don't feel like giving."??? LOL What are you going to say next? That we should thank them for even allowing us to use their product? You are forgetting ONE thing. They exist because of those customers (or potential customers) that flooded their server gates, not the other way around. Many games with very good potential failed miserably because they ignored their customer base. They certainly are NOT the only MMO by any stretch.
    Should we as a whole be a little patient and considerate? Sure, at least I am since I didnt spend a penny yet. But I dont know if I would have the same patience/consideration had I been one of those who already supported this game financially.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure as a gamer you are used to being served **** and expected to eat up happily. Unfortunately, that is the way games are being released in this era. I was brought up to speak when things aren't right in hopes of correction...or in this example a business model is flawed. I am by no means attempting to fulfill some form of entitlement; simply pointing out the bull where I see it.

I don't see anything wrong with that logic. However, I think if you find fault with something I think you should make some suggestions concerning how they could do things better. They're not automatons, I know for a fact that Devs do listen. I do understand what you're saying though. Modern gaming is, well...it could be better. My first experience with a launch disaster was Age of Conan. Prior to that game I never gave Betas or lower the time of day. Sometimes it's just good to wait a new game out for a bit. Then again, there's Star Wars Galaxies...great game. Then a few years later the Devs all squatted and took a giant dump on it.
This discussion has been closed.