test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.13

Comments

• forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic: Instead of just trimming the Nightmare lockbox spam, why not give us the option to turn it off... I really couldn't care less about who got what.
    lol lockboxes already *plays STO while waiting for servers*
  • psychocoppsychocop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not everyone is crazy enough to give 200$ to Cryptic. :P

This^

How quickly people forget the poor quality of Cryptic MMOs. I remember so many people bought lifetime subs to Champions so they could get into Star Trek beta and boy were they pissed. Better to pay the normal cost of the game and just enjoy it as much as you can. Expectations go much higher, and the disappointment hurts more, when you spend a lot more money.
  • pirebpireb Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    eqluna wrote: »
    One way to resolve it... is to purchase a Hero of the North. That will eliminate most, if not all, of the Queue.

Yeah i'm not gonna spend 3 weeks without food just to get rid of something that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.
    zanself wrote: »
    Well you moron, apparently you haven't noticed this is an ACTUAL mmorpg, and you also didn't notice that this game doesn't have 150 different servers to play on. I wonder why they don't have any queue >.<

Hey guess what, EvE doesn't have more then ONE server and there's no queue there despite having upwards of 100k people logged in...

There's not even a queue right after the daily downtime...
  • thylorethylore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    can we get something to interactive with while waiting in the queue so we don't get kicked out of the game for being idle for 15 minute while waiting to log into game from the queue.

Actually you can go to https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ and login to your Character (Note since the server is down gateway is also down). There you can Check mail,Broker and actually do Profession work without being in the game.
  • thylorethylore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    pireb wrote: »

Hey guess what, EvE doesn't have more then ONE server and there's no queue there despite having upwards of 100k people logged in...

There's not even a queue right after the daily downtime...

Yes and Eve has been out since 2003 (10 years) I know they had issues when they launched I was playing it then. So give these guys a break and let them do there job. They will get it worked out and you will be able to play a FREE game (Eve is still a PAY TO PLAY game)
  • snikensniken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thylore wrote: »
    Actually you can go to https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ and login to your Character. There you can Check mail,Broker and actually do Profession work without being in the game.

Ahhhh.. forgot about that :-) thanks for reminding me thylore;)
    relaaax.. i have NO control
  • skrikarnskrikarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually you can go to https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ and login to your Character. There you can Check mail,Broker and actually do Profession work without being in the game.

Just one problem with that, login servers seems to be down. ;)
  • sofademonsofademon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    skrikarn wrote: »
    Just one problem with that, login servers seems to be down. ;)

I take that as a good sign, it means they are updating the login/queue system.
  • pantero44pantero44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually you can go to https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ and login to your Character (Note since the server is down gateway is also down). There you can Check mail,Broker and actually do Profession work without being in the game.

Check that link again...it's busted. The site doesn't display when the servers are down.
    Intel Core i7-4790k@4.6GHz/ PNY GTX 770 XLR8 Enthusiast Edition 4GB OC / ASUS Maximus VII HERO / G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3-2133-CL11D-16GBXL / SAMSUNG 840 PRO Series 256GB SSD/OCZ Vector Series 120GBx2(Ext.240GB)/SEAGATE ST2000DM001 2TB HHD / Corsair H110 / FSU Aurum CM 750W(Gold) / PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro / HDMI 32" & 22"x1920x1080p / Windows 8.1 / 120mbps/10mbps
  • vlladimpalervlladimpaler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we need more servers...horrible que times will KILL this game. And i like a lot about this game. BUT i wont sit in que for 1.5hours to play a game!!
  • skrikarnskrikarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is because they are doing a server maintenance, 7-11 am PDT(4-8 pm CET).

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?167051-Neverwinter-maintenance-05-01-13

Edit: interesting that people are so quick at finding the "complaint" button instead of reading the reason to why they can't log in.
  • kyrinfireheartkyrinfireheart Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Notice how he said that since the servers were down the gateway was down as well. So that means it only works when you can play the game not when it's down for maintenance.
  • lmef20009lmef20009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    I can't access to http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ Is it because it's in manteining?
    edited May 2013
    lmef20009 wrote: »
    I can't accses to http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ Is it because its in manteining?

Yes it is.
  • banditflyybanditflyy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am happy to say that Cryptic has been very responsive to the community for this launch. This is actually the smoothest launch I've seen yet, many other famous MMOs were train wrecks tbh! :)
  • v0273xv0273x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages. On todays NW forums the status is as follows.
    -The patch notes section has been hit with feeblemind by the dreaded wizard Zapho.
    -Golruk the Half-Orc acedentaly triped on one of the tripwires(Cat-5 cord) connected to the magical boxes.(servers)
    -Fidilywinks is sitting right behind you with his typical phraze:
    "I got a box, I don't know what it does... but I got a box. Would you like to see it?"
    Where as you reply... "Sure!"
    Then he replies. "I think you must push abutton.. it has three of them. I don't know what they do but they do somethin'."
    You get a pop up dialoge saying "Run", "Press the green one", Press the blue one", "Press the red one.", or "Attempt to kill the gnome"
    What do you chose?
  • alesander90alesander90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game was translate at spanish language?
  • kmkrystiankmkrystian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No ]: D
    And I want play but still cant T_T
  • samnich7samnich7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People have to remember...this is not the grand opening of the game. It's open BETA. The reason the servers were like "Ah,dying..." is because there were a MILLION of us that were waiting to play without paying $100+. Closed beta only had so many people play it, so it was not a surprise to myself and probably others that the server couldn't support so many people. Don't be brats people, if you didn't want to deal with glitches and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happening you should have waited till betas were done.
  • sanpedrox2sanpedrox2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why would we want to? "liberate" people is your job, apparently. not our problem how you decide to live your lives over there in your stolen country. compared to countries in europe, and asia for that matter, America is just a misbehaving kid with inferiority complex.
  • v0273xv0273x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanpedrox2 wrote: »
    why would we want to? "liberate" people is your job, apparently. not our problem how you decide to live your lives over there in your stolen country. compared to countries in europe, and asia for that matter, America is just a misbehaving kid with inferiority complex.

Wow, slander, racial remarks, and feeblemind hit this poor soul. I believe that not everyone sees it the way you do. As for misbehaving, even your country has its flaws in that area. The inferiority complex, as a US citizen. I will admit, our ego has been bursting at the seams for a while now. Though look at it this way. When our economy started to shift, so did the whole worlds. Japan went into a resession soon after we did. Europe hit similar dificulties. Now that that is clear. Lets get back on topic. If you remember what that is.Zapho the Great is just that powerful sometimes.

Only a little bit longer. what was it 7-11 PSD... thats what 11-3 Eastern? Please do correct me if I am wrong.
  • hyperdavishyperdavis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the queue is more then 15000 now , this is crasy... are their servers overloaded?? **** 15000 is a big number you know!!!
  • blujokerblujoker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v0273x wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages. On todays NW forums the status is as follows.
    -The patch notes section has been hit with feeblemind by the dreaded wizard Zapho.
    -Golruk the Half-Orc acedentaly triped on one of the tripwires(Cat-5 cord) connected to the magical boxes.(servers)
    -Fidilywinks is sitting right behind you with his typical phraze:
    "I got a box, I don't know what it does... but I got a box. Would you like to see it?"
    Where as you reply... "Sure!"
    Then he replies. "I think you must push abutton.. it has three of them. I don't know what they do but they do somethin'."
    You get a pop up dialoge saying "Run", "Press the green one", Press the blue one", "Press the red one.", or "Attempt to kill the gnome"
    What do you chose?

Kill the gnome, cause you know he is making mischief in the magic box. ;)
  • m4rt1nsm4rt1ns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hyperdavis wrote: »
    the queue is more then 15000 now , this is crasy... are their servers overloaded?? **** 15000 is a big number you know!!!

U do understand servers are down right?
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cool now the launcher wont open at all again.
    Seriously wtf.
  • bluesteelaubluesteelau Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yawn... 2:30am here and i'm waiting for servers to come back up ;)
  • therealguitar0therealguitar0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v0273x wrote: »
    Only a little bit longer. what was it 7-11 PSD... thats what 11-3 Eastern? Please do correct me if I am wrong.

10-2 Eastern :D
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour and a half to go. *withdraw symptoms kicking in*
  • solidwolfysolidwolfy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isn't it 2.5h ?
    1 hour and a half to go. *withdraw symptoms kicking in*
  • kyrinfireheartkyrinfireheart Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The servers are still down for maintenance so just keep trying it. Worst case scenario you should download the older neverwinter.exe and copy it to your game directory and repatch. Right now its hit or miss as far as the patching is going but 13 is up now.
This discussion has been closed.