What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.13

Comments

• Options
    auronikauronik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much time to maintance in Hours for Europe.
  • Options
    kameskekameske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintance starts at 4pm central europe time
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent keep the updates coming, each one makes the game better! Thanks for all your hard work and keep it up!

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would think that the influx of free players to the servers is what caused the queue. I am sure it was there all the time we just never hit it with the Founders and Guardians as the only ones in game.

Really? Because I got no queue early yesterday, until the fix for the lag went live. Then suddenly a queue. They can choose the server cap, and set the requirement for server queue, as well as decide how many server shards there are, period.

and being completely region free, they were idiots for only including three.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STOP!!!!!!!
    Before you put that link to the gateway in the queue. I just found out, trying to login to the gateway when your in a queue will DISCONNECT you from the game, dumping your place in the queue after you log back in

Might want to check that out first or you going to have another day of pissed of customers.

This would be false. I did just this and I am still happily in queue and just about to log in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Really? Because I got no queue early yesterday, until the fix for the lag went live. Then suddenly a queue. They can choose the server cap, and set the requirement for server queue, as well as decide how many server shards there are, period.

and being completely region free, they were idiots for only including three.

The fix for lag was to introduce the Queue, which they had to do. For most people the game was nigh unplayable. Hopefully with the stability fixes they implement today they can up the server caps and still have a relatively lag free environment. Adding some new hardware might not hurt, either.
  • Options
    aoi08aoi08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i guess i have to wait patiently and sit tight waiting for the queue.. says no gamer ever!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aoi08 wrote: »
    i guess i have to wait patiently and sit tight waiting for the queue.. says no impatient gamer ever!

FTFY.

/10char
  • Options
    nocty666nocty666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest you put the "SKIP QUEUE" system for Guardians as well because they are all getting imbahpissed :)
    "remember...only death is real..."
  • Options
    csilecsile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool. Thanks for the patch notes :)
    ps: Dont know why the 60$ keeps complaining. They know what they bought.. or they should.
  • Options
    jamb3tt3rjamb3tt3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone knows when the patch be open for gmt time ? how come i did not get the patch update ?
  • Options
    riska86riska86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "connection to account server timed out". I have this as well.
  • Options
    elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeh sort this queue issue we guardians payed for the game as well, we should not be treated the same as free loaders, either sort it or get ready to refund money in mass amounts.
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kameske wrote: »
    Maintance starts at 4pm central europe time

5pm CET :/ 4hours.. main play time for me :(
    elrondial wrote: »
    yeh sort this queue issue we guardians payed for the game as well, we should not be treated the same as free loaders, either sort it or get ready to refund money in mass amounts.
    also, NO. It was clear during purchase. And it settles down in a week or so. There will be no mass refunds. Otherwise I would need to lower my expectations on people's intelligence even further.
  • Options
    impwiz321impwiz321 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elrondial wrote: »

Maybe all of us freeloaders should just leave the game. Its obvious from all the Heroes and Guardians complaints that the money they paid is enough to sustain the game. Makes sense to me. No "freeloader" will ever pay for anything in this game. Gotta love the self entitlement that people have when they buy founders packs. The fact of the matter is the developers do not owe you anything. They repaid you with all the items that came with a purchase of a founders pack. That is the extent of their business with you. They now have to focus on the rest of the people who are trying to play this FREE TO PLAY game. They aren't focused on the one time founder, its the people who are going to consistently drop that 50 bucks a month micro-transaction players. It;s real annoying listening to people who paid money for a free to play game, acting like they are paying for a subscription game. So yeah insult the free to play people because without us this game would be a ghost town.
  • Options
    tabbingtabbing Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait for it to fix the queue timer, the picture tells a thousand words (or just: WTF?)
    2beh3n.jpg
  • Options
    crazeyeyez13crazeyeyez13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions

Seems to fix / address most problems nuber 7 was what fixed mine then i had to change back to the real .exe to play after patching.
  • Options
    sparkleavsparkleav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say this maintenance is well and truly needed, better to address these problems sooner rather than later. Also I am a 'free loader' as some of you Heroes and Guardians like to refer to us as but impwiz321 is right in that the game would be a ghost town if it weren't for the F2P players. I was a Founder on SWTOR and the buzz lasted about 3 months before players in-game started dwindling. The F2P model truly revitalized it to what it is now with hardly any queue times and also pushed the dev team to sort out any lag issues servers may be having. The only downside to F2P is some people's attitudes as it's brought a lot of quite young kids into the game who like to ninja and just like to make an idiot of themselves.
  • Options
    ic1101galaxyic1101galaxy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Nvidia Optimus laptop users? Are you aware the game doesnt support this technology at all? I have 5fps on a laptop which cost 1600 euro.
  • Options
    arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is about patch notes. If you have questions/issues you should search the forums. For answers to patcher issues please red the first post here (at the bottom of the first post there are several solutions/answers to various questions).
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions

Thanks for the patch notes btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was going to come laugh and be one of the belligerent idiots about the queue. 2500 last night and over 8000 (no I am not joking) at 7am est. But like most level headed people I actually looked for some information first. Hopefully this will fix it. I've already seen and been told enough about the cash shop to make me leery. I hope the game is good enough to overlook some of that stuff. But long waits in a queue + what I have already been told by friends would make me walk away before I even found out. To be fair, my friends have said its a really fun game.
  • Options
    mightynandui1mightynandui1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news on a fix to the 120hz refresh rate issue? The game always reverts back to 60hz.
  • Options
    mebryn84mebryn84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sparkleav wrote: »
    I say this maintenance is well and truly needed, better to address these problems sooner rather than later. Also I am a 'free loader' as some of you Heroes and Guardians like to refer to us as but impwiz321 is right in that the game would be a ghost town if it weren't for the F2P players. I was a Founder on SWTOR and the buzz lasted about 3 months before players in-game started dwindling. The F2P model truly revitalized it to what it is now with hardly any queue times and also pushed the dev team to sort out any lag issues servers may be having. The only downside to F2P is some people's attitudes as it's brought a lot of quite young kids into the game who like to ninja and just like to make an idiot of themselves.

I agree (shockingly enough, I even purchased the $60.00 pack and don't feel like I should be able to get more than what the pack said I was getting) The more people that play, the more the game flourishes. I think it should've been obvious that once the 30th came around and everyone was able to log on that there would (naturally) be a queue.

There's no need to feel superior to another played because you dished out $60.00 (or $200.00) to show your enthusiasm for the game and support for the company, yet another player didn't. Not everyone has that money lying around to just throw towards a F2P game. (Don't get me wrong....if I knew how much Zen i'd end up buying just to open up those damned Lockboxes.....I probably would've just got the $200.00 pack instead of the $60.00.....lol) If the amount of money you've spent on this game entitles you to immense VIP priviledges (aside from the big investors jumping to the front of the queue) then why not make it all accumulate and count Zen purchases that go towards Neverwinter? Hell i'd already be up to around $250.00.

So I i'd bought the $200.00 pack and since then bought over $150.00 worth of Zen for a total of $350.00.....does that mean I should be able to log in before you? Or better yet get +25 to all loot rolls in and dungeon? Or higher priority in skimish and dungeon queues? Hell...does that mean I shouldn't even need a group and I should just be uber buffed so I can do that content all solo?
  • Options
    mehdi6540mehdi6540 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we now in 12:00 and i can't enter the game
  • Options
    wolfiaczek1wolfiaczek1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mebryn84 wrote: »
    I agree (shockingly enough, I even purchased the $60.00 pack and don't feel like I should be able to get more than what the pack said I was getting) The more people that play, the more the game flourishes. I think it should've been obvious that once the 30th came around and everyone was able to log on that there would (naturally) be a queue.

There's no need to feel superior to another played because you dished out $60.00 (or $200.00) to show your enthusiasm for the game and support for the company, yet another player didn't. Not everyone has that money lying around to just throw towards a F2P game. (Don't get me wrong....if I knew how much Zen i'd end up buying just to open up those damned Lockboxes.....I probably would've just got the $200.00 pack instead of the $60.00.....lol) If the amount of money you've spent on this game entitles you to immense VIP priviledges (aside from the big investors jumping to the front of the queue) then why not make it all accumulate and count Zen purchases that go towards Neverwinter? Hell i'd already be up to around $250.00.

So I i'd bought the $200.00 pack and since then bought over $150.00 worth of Zen for a total of $350.00.....does that mean I should be able to log in before you? Or better yet get +25 to all loot rolls in and dungeon? Or higher priority in skimish and dungeon queues? Hell...does that mean I shouldn't even need a group and I should just be uber buffed so I can do that content all solo?

Agree
    HoTN and Guardians, remember that you pay for in-game goods, you didnt pay for a server stability. So if server cant handle and it's laggy, you cant except from the Dev team to just jump over that problem. It takes time to solve it. Also this is still BETA (you know what that even means??) so stop whine and complain.
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like they may have started the miantence early, not able to get the login screen to load right now.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    jamb3tt3rjamb3tt3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone of u have this problem...? i patched the new patch Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.13 but my game is show Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.12
    Is there soemthing wrong or is it the way i patch ?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I think they are like an hour or two ahead of my time-wise, looks like the white screen is just because of the maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elfranger1018elfranger1018 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is the server down? i cant seem to get past the launcher again... it was ok this afternoon for a few hours...
  • Options
    arciteentreriarciteentreri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like they'll answer.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php

The three Neverwinter shards are made up of hundreds of actual server machines. The issues today were due to some failed network equipment, not the servers running the game.
    "Spirit. In every language...in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away." -Drizzt Do'Urden
This discussion has been closed.