Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    nagash89nagash89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    billsbud wrote: »
    This is... BETA!!
    Save your que complaints (whining) and not being able to play for the official launch. I would certainly sympathize and agree wholeheartedly with a lot of these posts if this was an official launch. Youngsters... keep in mind the definition of beta (internet slang) adj. -a pre-release product that is released for TESTING.

Oh please, if this is a real beta, why the hell are they selling zen already and why the people who bought the hero pack had early acces (to a beta and not to the actual game). This is no freaking beta, they just call it like that to have an excuse to all the problems we are suffering lol.
  • Options
    annshadowannshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AMEN - it is beta

I just bought the Guardian Package.
    I compared the two packages. The very FIRST benefit of the $199 package is
    VIP Game Access

When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)

Personally, I don't want or need that. I want the horse and the Dire wolf and the 600k shards what ever those turn out to be. Before shelling out $60 I went over all the benefits and choose the one I could afford and wanted. It was very clear that the highest package gave queue priority and the others didn't.

But don't say you should get a benefit that the people that spent triple what you paid get.

Maybe they can offer an upgrade. Those who find that they REALLY want to have queue priority can shell out an extra $139.
  • Options
    subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    This is... BETA!!
    Save your que complaints (whining) and not being able to play for the official launch. I would certainly sympathize and agree wholeheartedly with a lot of these posts if this was an official launch. Youngsters... keep in mind the definition of beta (internet slang) adj. -a pre-release product that is released for TESTING.

Considering in FREE TO PLAY WORLD.....OPEN BETA IS LAUNCH....They are already charging on the Cash shop. There will be no character wipe. So Yeah once people get that through their heads maybe the idiots like you will quit posting.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hiding behind the "It's BETA!!!11!!1" and entitlement arguments.

Doesn't excuse the fail.
  • Options
    shensitsushensitsu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    procedural wrote: »
    You know what every one of these (except Tera) had in common? Huge login queues on opening, and server instability problems. This same mistake has been made over and over again. The only excuse for making the same huge mistake as your predecessors have made is incompetence, especially when it's as simple an issue to fix as this. Expecting a lot of users logging in? Increase your server capacity! There, problem solved.

Incompetency my ***, How does your marketing department predict perfectly how many users are going to try and play your game? Guess what they can't, they can only use numbers from their previous games, and I am **** certain none of PWE games had nearly as much Hype as Neverwinter. Do you even know the equations for marketing a MMO? or even a game? I doubt it, I bet you don't even know what first day retentions are, nor the average cost per install depending on the game. Don't come along insulting a department in a company that you know nothing about.

As for all the *****ing and whining about the queue the launcher problems and so fourth stfu, Be pleased they are giving you information about the situation and I mean indepth information, at the launch of Aion, WoW, SW:TOR. and so on they just said we are having troubles and didn't tell you anything. Atleast PWE has the decency to say we are discussing possible solutions at this moment, We found a problem with the web server THEY are giving all of us a play by play of the issue's.

Guess what, I'm one of those people that you guys called a freeloader, alot of people said that:

1. We dont have the money to throw down.
    2. We refuse to throw down money on a f2p game.

Those are Bull**** reason's, I didn't throw money down because I wanted to play the game before I made a decision on whether or not I wanted to help support the developers.
  • Options
    billsbudbillsbud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    procedural wrote: »
    Come on, man. Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but this issue is common sense, ESPECIALLY in today's "MMO economy." How many MMOs have been released since the WoW effect took hold and every company saw them as a cash cow? Tera, Aion, Rift, Age of Conan... I know I'm missing a few.

It goes back much farther than WoW. If I've learned anything from launches dating back to EQ it's patience, provide as much feedback (not whining and crying) as possible, and a generous amount of my favorite stimulant/depressant.
  • Options
    talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but when I bought the game, it had VIP access for Heros and Guardian packs.

wayback machine page

Now it no longer states that Guardians have VIP access. Yes, they have changed a few other things, but with the Queue, which I realise will calm down in a week or so, this begins to annoy a person. Feels like Bait & Switch tactics.

The solution would be to stick Guardians in the Hero Queue priority, or maybe in one slightly below them, but definitely above the Free players.

Just my 2 cents.
    Tal
  • Options
    shensitsushensitsu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talung34 wrote: »
    I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but when I bought the game, it had VIP access for Heros and Guardian packs.

wayback machine page

Now it no longer states that Guardians have VIP access. Yes, they have changed a few other things, but with the Queue, which I realise will calm down in a week or so, this begins to annoy a person. Feels like Bait & Switch tactics.

The solution would be to stick Guardians in the Hero Queue priority, or maybe in one slightly below them, but definitely above the Free players.

Just my 2 cents.
    Tal

Tal, go into the more details since it archived that page as well it says nothing about priority queue access.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130311011455/http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/guardian

Same date and everything archived page of everything offered to the guardians
  • Options
    luugzluugz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

wayback machine page

Just my 2 cents.
    Tal

The VIP access as you claim, were only meant to let you play the game in advance of the open beta launch, never said anything at all about you getting special treatment in the queues after the opening, so dear, read before pressing buy, and be darn happy you got to play it days before the ones not buying the heroes of north packages.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Considering in FREE TO PLAY WORLD.....OPEN BETA IS LAUNCH....They are already charging on the Cash shop. There will be no character wipe. So Yeah once people get that through their heads maybe the idiots like you will quit posting.

WTF... They have been charging on the cash shop since the alpha test and closed betas, So that is not a relevant point, So there you go. Know maybe idiots like you will quite posting.(wouldn't have called you an idiot or been a smart as* if you weren't being a d*ck to that guy) Yes, this is a BETA. This is the first time they have had there servers under this severe of a load, The closed betas were on a much smaller scale and the alpha test were even smaller than that.
    But yes, your right there will be no wipe. If it was the official launch, they would have stated that and not call it a beta. The whole point in open beta is to fix problems like that and others when there are so many people on.
    BigBud
  • Options
    billsbudbillsbud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So "beta" testing the Zen system is something that should be overlooked and untested? I for one would like to have the assurance that the real money I'm spending for Zen is going to actually make it to me. I for one don't want to bungle through the customer support hassle to receive what I pay for. Perhaps you're the kind of person that likes to spend hours talking to someone over the phone or email about the pixels you never got? And I'm the idiot? Ok.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    WTF... They have been charging on the cash shop since the alpha test and closed betas, So that is not a relevant point, So there you go. Know maybe idiots like you will quite posting.(wouldn't have called you an idiot or been a smart as* if you weren't being a d*ck to that guy) Yes, this is a BETA. This is the first time they have had there servers under this severe of a load, The closed betas were on a much smaller scale and the alpha test were even smaller than that.
    But yes, your right there will be no wipe. If it was the official launch, they would have stated that and not call it a beta. The whole point in open beta is to fix problems like that and others when there are so many people on.
    Hero of the north packs does have vip access, at least when it comes to the queuing during log in
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Didn't mean to post that 2 times. My bad
  • Options
    talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shensitsu wrote: »
    Tal, go into the more details since it archived that page as well it says nothing about priority queue access.

That might be, but "VIP Access" does usually indicate some sort of VIP access, whether it is written in the fine print or not. At the moment all the Free players are getting VIP Access as well.

I will continue to play the game as they have done a good job with it, and launch mania will calm down, but I still feel that VIP Access should not have been put in the Guardian Pack if there is no VIP Access in my opinion. Notice that they did not put it in the $20 pack. It does make sense why they removed it in later versions of that page, but I bought on the basis of the first version.

There are other gains and losses, but the Queue thing at the moment does bite one.
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013

wayback machine page

Just my 2 cents.
    Tal

it says 3 days early access, nothing about queue-jumping. VIP refers to the early access. in the case of HotN, it includes queue-jumping.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

wayback machine page

Just my 2 cents.
    Tal

If you would have paid attention back when it said that.....VIP access was 3 days Head Start. It never stated you would have priority in que like the $200 pack did.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hero of the north packs does have vip access, at least when it comes to the queuing during log in

And there again you prove your knowledge of how F2P works. EVERY Game that has a REAL Open Beta does a wipe before launch. Free to plays go into what they call Open Beta but it is really just a launch with a title attached to it. Yes there will be issues such as what we have seen. But even P2P games have those at launch. My argument is that everyone is using the fact that it is "Open Beta" as an excuse for the failings of PW. They should have expected more players than they did. EVERY PW game before this launched with no less than 5 servers. A game of this magnitude should have had no less than 8 or 9. And then they come out and say "Hey the servers are not even close to being full" yet people sit in a queue of 10k plus. They didn't do enough planning before they went live. For a company that has released as many games as PW has and has been in the market for as long as they have, server issues should be virtually nonexistent, or at least not to this magnitude. Yes I know there are going to be unforeseen hiccups in the servers. But lack of planning should not have been one of them. They charged people to get into Closed beta, fine, could have used that money to ensure your servers were at least up to 90% efficiency instead of 25% like they did with this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

And there again you prove your knowledge of how F2P works. EVERY Game that has a REAL Open Beta does a wipe before launch. Free to plays go into what they call Open Beta but it is really just a launch with a title attached to it. Yes there will be issues such as what we have seen. But even P2P games have those at launch. My argument is that everyone is using the fact that it is "Open Beta" as an excuse for the failings of PW. They should have expected more players than they did. EVERY PW game before this launched with no less than 5 servers. A game of this magnitude should have had no less than 8 or 9. And then they come out and say "Hey the servers are not even close to being full" yet people sit in a queue of 10k plus. They didn't do enough planning before they went live. For a company that has released as many games as PW has and has been in the market for as long as they have, server issues should be virtually nonexistent, or at least not to this magnitude. Yes I know there are going to be unforeseen hiccups in the servers. But lack of planning should not have been one of them. They charged people to get into Closed beta, fine, could have used that money to ensure your servers were at least up to 90% efficiency instead of 25% like they did with this game.

Yay Capt. Hindsight!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yay Capt. Hindsight!

They stated in an interview over 3 months ago that they were afraid that they were not going to have enough servers for the game when it goes live, and that they were going to make sure they fixed that before it become a problem. */golfclap* Great Job keeping up with that idea.
  • Options
    baneofbarglebaneofbargle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I am sure it says somewhere but I can't find it. Do we know when the servers will be up from the maintenance? Thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I am sure it says somewhere but I can't find it. Do we know when the servers will be up from the maintenance? Thank you.

11am PST so in 58 mins if they come up on time.
  • Options
    tungsten702tungsten702 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I get up, eat breakfast, and decide to check the forums to see if Neverwinter is fixed as far as access.

LMAO........Still we have the bickering and hair pulling.

Fair enough people are adamant that the guardian pack was just items and early access.

Very true, its in the terms.

So the general feeling is that, you got your items, therefore you got what you paid for.

The only problem is.....The items are pointless if you cant get in to use them.

I think the main problem guardians have is that they have supported the game by buying a pack because they are really behind the game and want it to succeed so they can enjoy it. But, they are forced to either wait ridiculous amounts of time to play or cant get in at all, all because they are stuck behind free players.

Not knocking free players, nothing wrong with that at all.

But.....Understand that theres a fair number of free players who are running around in game spamming chat with "the game sucks"..... "this is lame"......"this is a waste of my time"......"this will fail"......

Now when I messaged some of the players, either privately or in open chat and told them "well if you are not liking the game or think it sucks, then log out and go play something you enjoy, give other people who like the game a chance to play"

The answer was almost always along the lines of...."It took me ages to get in, and this is free to play, if i want to stay on this lame game i will."

People are people, fair enough. But yeah, dont you think that guardians who actually enjoy and support the game, and are helpful to the atmosphere and community in game should get priority log in over people like that?.........Regardless of terms.

But thats ok according to some people on here, mostly Free players and "Hero pack" buyers I notice

My god would i love to sell some of you people a product based on your logic lol.....So easy to placate with a simple word such as Beta lol.

At the end of the day, this will all blow over and this thread will eventually gather dust.

I will say this though.

When I played the early access Beta, the people were great and it was a good solid atmosphere in chat for the most part. Both times I got in yesterday, chat was full of free players slamming the game and slamming other players.

It seems the forums are heading the same way.

Shame really.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So I get up, eat breakfast, and decide to check the forums to see if Neverwinter is fixed as far as access.

LMAO........Still we have the bickering and hair pulling.

Fair enough people are adamant that the guardian pack was just items and early access.

Very true, its in the terms.

So the general feeling is that, you got your items, therefore you got what you paid for.

The only problem is.....The items are pointless if you cant get in to use them.

I think the main problem guardians have is that they have supported the game by buying a pack because they are really behind the game and want it to succeed so they can enjoy it. But, they are forced to either wait ridiculous amounts of time to play or cant get in at all, all because they are stuck behind free players.

Not knocking free players, nothing wrong with that at all.

But.....Understand that theres a fair number of free players who are running around in game spamming chat with "the game sucks"..... "this is lame"......"this is a waste of my time"......"this will fail"......

Now when I messaged some of the players, either privately or in open chat and told them "well if you are not liking the game or think it sucks, then log out and go play something you enjoy, give other people who like the game a chance to play"

The answer was almost always along the lines of...."It took me ages to get in, and this is free to play, if i want to stay on this lame game i will."

People are people, fair enough. But yeah, dont you think that guardians who actually enjoy and support the game, and are helpful to the atmosphere and community in game should get priority log in over people like that?.........Regardless of terms.

But thats ok according to some people on here, mostly Free players and "Hero pack" buyers I notice

My god would i love to sell some of you people a product based on your logic lol.....So easy to placate with a simple word such as Beta lol.

At the end of the day, this will all blow over and this thread will eventually gather dust.

I will say this though.

When I played the early access Beta, the people were great and it was a good solid atmosphere in chat for the most part. Both times I got in yesterday, chat was full of free players slamming the game and slamming other players.

It seems the forums are heading the same way.

Shame really.

Well said my friend, well said. I agree 100%. Those people you referred to are more than likely the bulk of this thread. Yeah I have put my 2 cents in on a lot of the posts here. But like you said it will all blow over eventually. Bottom line is, at the end of the day the majority of the people here will go to sleep and when they wake up and find the game is better now they will find something new to be pissed about.
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amalynda wrote: »
    it says 3 days early access, nothing about queue-jumping. VIP refers to the early access. in the case of HotN, it includes queue-jumping.

Honestly, VIP means "Very Important Person", not "early access". If the $60 only meant 3-days of pre-play, it should have been called 3PP other than VIP. I get they want to make money, but by intentionally misleading people into thinking they are purchasing something that makes them important, when in fact it means nothing of the sort, it not good business.

If nothing else, I have learned that giving money to Perfect World is a risky endeavor. VIP was a hoax if you have to read the fine print to evaluate the statement. So now I know. Those keys to chests showing a flaming horse? Read the fine print, it's a lottery without statistics. 1 in 10,000 might get a horse, maybe 1 in 100,000 - not me. Now I won't waste my money. Lesson learned.

The sad thing is, if the rumor I've heard that free players were getting in before the $60 members, then it really says"you are not rich, you don't matter. We have your money, now we will take other peoples money and you are less than a 2nd class citizen...back of the bus...er...que...for you" I hope in reality it just meant we were all lumped in with the free players. That I can accept as I did read the VIP and did not expect any special treatment. It would have been nice, but not expected. The hour long que...that sucked. On a new game? Expected.
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well said my friend, well said. I agree 100%. Those people you referred to are more than likely the bulk of this thread. Yeah I have put my 2 cents in on a lot of the posts here. But like you said it will all blow over eventually. Bottom line is, at the end of the day the majority of the people here will go to sleep and when they wake up and find the game is better now they will find something new to be pissed about.
    I feel silly posting twice, but I agree with you and tungsten and you just posted: I would have liked special treatment, but didn't expect it. In a week, things will be different. The people who were in the pre-play were some of the most polite and helping people I've seen in general chats. Nobody calling people stupid (well, some comments like "it's right there", but more joking than insulting), and definitely not the anger that I saw last night. I had made plans with friends to meet last night, what the heck were we thinking? We were spoiled by the weekend's quick logon.

I've seen this in every game I've played, from WoW to SWTOR to LOTRO to warhammer...the list goes on. I agree that you would "think" that after 8 years of these MMO launches "somebody" would figure out they need more servers and the numbers of people opened up...but crashing a server will generate just as many complaints. At least it was stable last night, and I had no problem playing once I was able to get on. For the next couple weeks, I'll just expect to wait to get online. You know my biggest gripe? It signs me out after 10 minutes of non-movement, so if I expect a 45 minute wait and walk away and it's 30 minutes, I could actually get in and then kicked off before I get back to my pc, OMG that would suck! lol
  • Options
    swordslakeswordslake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be Honest with you , who ever thought up this idea where you pay $199 and jump the Q needs their head tested,
    Pay to play monthly sub was the best option in my opinion,
    A cash shop totally unbalances the look and feel of the game,
    Iv'e left all the mmorpg's that now have cash shops, only to find one here lol.

But seeing 20 Spider mounts and all the glitz on VERY low level chars has put a big debby downer on it for me,
    Zone chat Tolerance to inaneand offensive chat was Very Quickly reached and Breached,
    thank god for the Tick box in zone chat,
    i Love the game
    i love the graphics
    i love the Atmosphere
    but i shall be playing this with a guild and zone chat and is off and cash shop is out of the with window.
    Wanderlust and you get what drops or make is the way to go.
    see you all in game :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hum ok lets see. Server Maintenance from 7-11am PST. 11:06am PST and server still unavailable???? Did I miss something?
  • Options
    zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get used to it, that Server Maintance always takes longer than expected. They are technicians no Magicians. :P
  • Options
    ricqsricqs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem isn't in that,they should make **** server status and place there any news,coz forum always is with "Database Error" ..
    And yeah,fix SERVER STATUS coz now servers are offline but it says that they are Online...
  • Options
    rowney1rowney1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the servers be up? arent they supposed to be up by now
This discussion has been closed.