What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    cowcowoinkcowcowoink Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah.. Patch time and that explains why servers are all wonky. Well, hope it fixes something.
  • Options
    asraeilasraeil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not spamming numbers, i just want to tell everyone how happy I am. I saved the 60 bucks that i wanted to pay for this game. Even if it will run smoothly in the near future, Cryptic will always have big lags, queve and bugs in this game. It will never be as smooth as GW2 or WoW, 'cause they don't plan or test much, they "try" on our skins. I love the D&D enviroment, I love Neverwinter, I quite enjoy the game mechanics, 2000 graphic is fine for me... but bugs and lags and 200k+ queves are not.
  • Options
    angelnekoangelneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers should be going down momentarily. Just so you queueing people know. 7am PST is 10am EST. It is now 10:32am, and I can no longer access the servers.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i was queing for a bit over 5 hours cause i crashed all the time, now i got in and 5 minutes later the maintenance was called...well, guess thats murphies law
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After this maintenance the servers queue are gonna be fixed and all this complaining and bluffing about quiting the game/getting a refund is gonna be for nothing.
  • Options
    suttung92suttung92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do You really thinks that talking will make things work faster? Or maybe you count on some free Zen?
    Game is like three days open beta. BETA means it will crush, and have bugs...
  • Options
    grethegrethe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    having now problem with connecting too the log in server after just been thrown out of the game
  • Options
    olafr20041974olafr20041974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simple. According to the Patcher its Patching Time till 8pm
  • Options
    onur666onur666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wana playyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! But mine client keeps erroring and if i restard the client it updates the patch thet is 4k mb....
    If this game is new get more admins, to help players and olther ****...
    Reply on this post.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Theres no queue for me. I have maybe 2-3 people in front of me when I log into the game. Average waiting time of less then a minute.
  • Options
    madrox30madrox30 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After this maintenance the servers queue are gonna be fixed and all this complaining and bluffing about quiting the game/getting a refund is gonna be for nothing.
    That's the attitude you want to give people who have a right to complaint? It beggars belief that we still have people like you in the gaming audience complaining about other fellow gamers using their consumer rights to exercise their opinion on the quality of service. The fact is, not only is this one of the more terrible launches I've seen (every other MMO launch I have at least been able to log in at some point during the first couple of days) but it has the most awful launcher I have seen. What else am I supposed to go on when making a judgement about this product? Promises? Hopes? Blind optimism? From my end this game has been a colossal failure and instead of wasting any more time trying to log in to a game which can't be honest enough to call a launch a launch but hides behind the skirts of "open beta" to refuse my legitimate complaints I've just uninstalled the game. No bluffing about it, and this will be my final complaint on the matter. One day some company will actually be ready to launch their online game, but PWE won't be seeing any more of money for not being that company.
  • Options
    ecksdrkecksdrk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 hour maintenance.. and I logged on this morning probably an hour and a half before the servers went down. The only problem was I was in queue for the first hour. What kind of crud is this? EVERY time I log on I'm always in a long queue, The shortest I've had to wait so far was 15 minutes and that was around 3 AM CST when you'd think there really wouldn't hardly be that many people playing.

Queues have got to go. Why wait in queue when there are other games I can play that don't have outrageous (or any) queues when I log onto them.
  • Options
    urchyuyuurchyuyu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys...
    Do you know how dissapointed people were on e.g. Diablo3 ? I was one of them. They all paid. And they all were dissapointed: 1) in servers 2) queue times; etc etc. I hope I don't need to remind you what company made Diablo3 and how large budget they had...
    This game is for free. So basically Guardians are just like donators (as you could donate to children or anything). Nobody should expect any feedback from donations.... that's just stupid!
    Donate or not - It is everyone's own choice. Nothing was said that the Guardians will have any privileges. Why are you even complaining?
    Everyone sits in queue. And it is only 1 day past from start of Open Beta. Nowadays most of the companies (even Blizzard) have some unexpected issues right after the launch. In this case - most of players are not paying the bills for the game servers and ISPs. Please respect that.

In other words, keep the emotions down. We all want to play. But as for me - I am patient and understand the admins there.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    madrox30 wrote: »
    That's the attitude you want to give people who have a right to complaint? It beggars belief that we still have people like you in the gaming audience complaining about other fellow gamers using their consumer rights to exercise their opinion on the quality of service. The fact is, not only is this one of the more terrible launches I've seen (every other MMO launch I have at least been able to log in at some point during the first couple of days) but it has the most awful launcher I have seen. What else am I supposed to go on when making a judgement about this product? Promises? Hopes? Blind optimism? From my end this game has been a colossal failure and instead of wasting any more time trying to log in to a game which can't be honest enough to call a launch a launch but hides behind the skirts of "open beta" to refuse my legitimate complaints I've just uninstalled the game. No bluffing about it, and this will be my final complaint on the matter. One day some company will actually be ready to launch their online game, but PWE won't be seeing any more of money for not being that company.

...and nothing of value was lost.

You were never promised no queues. You were never promised queue-jumping.

No company in the history of online gaming has had a perfectly clean, successful launch with no player-base complaining. NONE.
  • Options
    subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    cowcowoink wrote: »
    And booted back to login screen that says server unavailable.. Thanks game

That because the servers are down for maintenance
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    olgar1 wrote: »
    Its a beta!! get over it! I think its frustrating as well but its a beta you ****!!

Lol, its their release version.. hence the reason they are taking real Zen transactions. As soon as you go live and start charging people, it is no longer a beta in the original meaning. This is just some legal <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to cover their asses, it is a live game now.
  • Options
    madrox30madrox30 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amalynda wrote: »
    ...and nothing of value was lost.

You were never promised no queues. You were never promised queue-jumping.

No company in the history of online gaming has had a perfectly clean, successful launch with no player-base complaining. NONE.
    But I've at least been able to log in to the game for a period during the first few days of launch in those other games. Where did I ask for either no queues or queue-jumping? I asked to be able to log in to a game to determine whether or not I will invest money in it. The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> launch and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> launcher which are the only two things I've experienced of the game tell me no. You are right about one thing, nothing of value was lost.
  • Options
    beccssssonbeccsssson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant even connect to the log in server anymore. I was waiting for a queue for 40 minutes and then i automatically logged out when i was position 280 in queue. And since then i cant log in anymore, says i got wrong username or password but i can log in to the website??
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    That's fine....alienate the other users that still backed you and paid $60. I understand and will definitely NOT be giving you any more money after today. Thank you!

Everyone else...speak with your wallet.

Hope you can fund the game with JUST the HOTN users.

Really ??? I love you simple minded folk......

The packs clearly stated that que hopping was a feature of the $200 pack , this was never said to be the case for the $60 pack and now that you want to avoid the que you decide to cry about it ?? get real.

If you want a feature that is offered for a price pay for it , if you don't get it then you can cry but don't cry because u don't get something you didn't pay for / want at the time.

If I buy a old rust bucket from a car yard and a week later cry that its not a lambo you think they will just give me one to keep me happy ??

stupid ppl ......learn to pay for what you want and stop free loading in life ....
  • Options
    space33space33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys its a f2p game and its beta just started beta infact theres tons of problems and there going to fix them im sure stop crying cause you cant get in even tho you paid 60 dollars blah blah blah im sure they will fix it up so you get in properly when you bought a founders pack. IT IS A BETA after all beta games that go from a limited amount of users to an extremely large amount like this will have server issues its bound to happen stop your crying. And grow a pair let them work out the kinks in the servers and what not. This game is huge for a reason i stopped playing tera and other mmos to play this because its a freaking great game. All you tard that are crying i bought 60 dollars and wa wa wa should maybe think about investing and what the investment is for? you donated to the game because you like the game. And it will help them update the servers so they run better. You have no right to cry and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan about the servers being overloaded. IT IS BETA After all
  • Options
    subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    beccsssson wrote: »
    I cant even connect to the log in server anymore. I was waiting for a queue for 40 minutes and then i automatically logged out when i was position 280 in queue. And since then i cant log in anymore, says i got wrong username or password but i can log in to the website??

Server is Down due to Maintenance. This has been posted in this thread at least 50 times. Not trying to be an *** but please read before you get mad.
  • Options
    dridnoc1dridnoc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am with Everyone on the dissapointed side Myself with the Queue issue , But then I thought " Hey, I paid $60 bucks for the Hailian Rising Founder pack aswell and I don't think it is ever going to get off it's feet" lol. So lets be happy atleast NW is a Good game with some issues that will be worked out in due time.
  • Options
    kasterkaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heroes of the north should have their own queue
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    HotN should have their own shard...with beer...and hookers...and blackjack.....meh never mind the hookers and blackjack...
  • Options
    samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaster wrote: »
    heroes of the north should have their own queue
    OMG really!?!?!?
    They do have a que. Same one as everyone else. Only difference is they paid to get in the front of the line and we F2P players have to go to the back. I'm not complaining. If they want my money they will get rid of the ridiculous lines and let me play or I won't pay. I have no intention of paying a single cent into a F2P game unless it gives me enough enjoyment to make it worth my money. Standing in line to play automatically means I will spend no money.
  • Options
    neverstealneversteal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They might fix this issue in current maintenance.
    Just wait guys !
  • Options
    nagash89nagash89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol you entitled little trolls, its opening day, expect server problems, and queues, get over your selves, the 200$ package stated they would have no queues, the other packages didn't offer it, so stop being annoying little children and do as your told and WAIT.

You're, please.
  • Options
    cythros96cythros96 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    That's fine....alienate the other users that still backed you and paid $60. I understand and will definitely NOT be giving you any more money after today. Thank you!

Everyone else...speak with your wallet.

Hope you can fund the game with JUST the HOTN users.

You need to read or have someone read to you slowly what the Guardian Pack offers. Only HOTN packs offer VIP Access to the query system. Guardian packs do not. *nerf*
  • Options
    billsbudbillsbud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is... BETA!!
    Save your que complaints (whining) and not being able to play for the official launch. I would certainly sympathize and agree wholeheartedly with a lot of these posts if this was an official launch. Youngsters... keep in mind the definition of beta (internet slang) adj. -a pre-release product that is released for TESTING.
  • Options
    proceduralprocedural Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    billsbud wrote: »
    This is... BETA!!
    Save your que complaints (whining) and not being able to play for the official launch. I would certainly sympathize and agree wholeheartedly with the a lot of these posts if this was an official launch. Youngsters... keep in mind the definition of beta (internet slang) adj. -a pre-release product that is released for TESTING.

Come on, man. Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but this issue is common sense, ESPECIALLY in today's "MMO economy." How many MMOs have been released since the WoW effect took hold and every company saw them as a cash cow? Tera, Aion, Rift, Age of Conan... I know I'm missing a few.

You know what every one of these (except Tera) had in common? Huge login queues on opening, and server instability problems. This same mistake has been made over and over again. The only excuse for making the same huge mistake as your predecessors have made is incompetence, especially when it's as simple an issue to fix as this. Expecting a lot of users logging in? Increase your server capacity! There, problem solved.

Companies want to save money on server capacity because of the "beta rush", where a ton of people log on to check out the game, and then numbers of logons decrease as the people who tried the game and didn't care for it leave. On its face, this makes sense, but how many of the "try it and leave" crowd are really people who would have stayed if they'd been able to log on and play in a stable environment? No one knows, because no one can release a stable MMO for some reason. It's getting to the point where it's pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.