Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    seniriseniri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how everyone is so surprised. Let me refresh your memory:

Champions Online. Star Trek Online. Every other game they've made, apart from Torchlight.

Did you REALLY expect anything different? Let's jump forwards a year. What sets this game apart that will make it less likely to fail miserably as Perfect World games so often do? Exactly.
  • Options
    collitiniuscollitinius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    High que numbers (100k+) are bugs.

My que for beholder started at 8k around 6:40 (and jumped into the 100k+ territory at times) and I just got in. About 50 min que.

WAY too long, but...there you go.
  • Options
    demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30+ minutes at 5 am is not a "short" queue. Why don't you tell the truth and admit you just don't want to buy more servers.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seniri wrote: »
    I love how everyone is so surprised. Let me refresh your memory:

Champions Online. Star Trek Online. Every other game they've made, apart from Torchlight.

Did you REALLY expect anything different? Let's jump forwards a year. What sets this game apart that will make it less likely to fail miserably as Perfect World games so often do? Exactly.

yes we did. champions online and star trek online were put out when cryptic was owned by atari - a much smaller game company than perfect world.

sto has a large population and no queue's at any time. it never had queue's. CO never had a queue. both games launched incomplete however and that is an entirely different issue.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is your quote from another thread.

Would you look at that... just over an hour and it is fixed. Sadly this will not stop people from complaining about something. What a miserable creature humans are.

You make me laugh
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30+ minutes at 5 am is not a "short" queue. Why don't you tell the truth and admit you just don't want to buy more servers.

i've been in the queue since 2:30am. we are in the same time zone.
  • Options
    darkknight2015darkknight2015 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys lemme be the positive one here.......i've been w8ing for this game for months,i would do anything to play it,remember all its still under Beta....and the pressure is real high on the team....so take a sec and think how hard those guys worked to get us a great game like this 1 and tell them THANKS !
  • Options
    seniriseniri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    yes we did. champions online and star trek online were put out when cryptic was owned by atari - a much smaller game company than perfect world.

sto has a large population and no queue's at any time. it never had queue's. CO never had a queue. both games launched incomplete however and that is an entirely different issue.

And this game is launching without proper server support, and only five classes. If you're trying to make a point, I don't see it.
  • Options
    fernteixefernteixe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    138621 ... for the holy cow... after a really slow download and many bugs we will have to wait forever to play...??
  • Options
    crovathcrovath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm sorry but even at the height of wow's popularity the game never had 3 hour queue's. at most it was 10 minutes.

the queue's alone aren't the only issue here. you can get passed the queue but run into an unplayable game due to server side lag. this is for all intents and purposes a service that you can not access, nor can you access the virtual goods you paid for becaus they are tied to that service.

regardless of what your opinion on that may be, it IS sufficient grounds for a claim to be made.

btw it's 4:20 am pst. i've been in the queue since 2:30am pst. any reasonable person would find this unreasonable.

Not sure if trolling, If you play WoW at a full populated server(like outland EU) u have insane queue's when patch releases.
    Hours of it sometimes. They fixed the lag in game but now i can't connect to the server when logging in...
  • Options
    akatsuki1987akatsuki1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can't even login into the account to queue now...
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm sorry but even at the height of wow's popularity the game never had 3 hour queue's. at most it was 10 minutes.

the queue's alone aren't the only issue here. you can get passed the queue but run into an unplayable game due to server side lag. this is for all intents and purposes a service that you can not access, nor can you access the virtual goods you paid for becaus they are tied to that service.

regardless of what your opinion on that may be, it IS sufficient grounds for a claim to be made.

btw it's 4:20 am pst. i've been in the queue since 2:30am pst. any reasonable person would find this unreasonable.

That is complete BS, WoW when it first got released was a complete mess and it took alteast a month to get fixed. I remember when Burning Crusade came out the queues were like all day waiting, and that is lucky if you got in. Actually the queue times for all of WoW expansions have been bad. I do not understand where you are getting the 10 minutes wait time, you obviously have not played WoW.
  • Options
    mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, a game had issues at launch. Now that's a surprise!
    Really folks? 164 pages of whining about queues on launch day? I'm not PW's greatest fan, but at least give the guys time to come up and execute a solution.
    There's a maintenance scheduled within the next couple hours, save your crying until that one's done.
  • Options
    rivoniarivonia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter. This is because we are close to capacity as Neverwinter fans rush to log in and begin their adventure.

I think you mean, "You may sit in the queue for four hours and still not get into the game. This is because we have less than 1/4 the server capacity we need at this time."

How can this go on for this long and still no updated response?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mrept wrote: »
    Wow, a game had issues at launch. Now that's a surprise!
    Really folks? 164 pages of whining about queues on launch day? I'm not PW's greatest fan, but at least give the guys time to come up and execute a solution.
    There's a maintenance scheduled within the next couple hours, save your crying until that one's done.

we may cry much more if we can't play until there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A previous poster has made a good point about people wanting more servers and than later down the track the same people complain that the server they are on is a ghost town. Stop complaining people, this is them just stress testing the servers, and I am sure that in a week or so everything will settle down.
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My queue just jumped from 7008 to 100405 :( and no that's not a typo its 100405.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have any issues with the queue , I'm drinking my coffee here waiting and quess what 9k queue just passed in less than 30 mins and now i'm able to play. I prefer having a long queue times compared to the massive delay and lag spikes that we had yesterday :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    My queue just jumped from 7008 to 100405 :( and no that's not a typo its 100405.

Good for you buddy, you have just joined the other crying morons. clap! clap! clap!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That is complete BS, WoW when it first got released was a complete mess and it took alteast a month to get fixed. I remember when Burning Crusade came out the queues were like all day waiting, and that is lucky if you got in. Actually the queue times for all of WoW expansions have been bad. I do not understand where you are getting the 10 minutes wait time, you obviously have not played WoW.

yes wow was a mess at launch. in fact they stopped selling box copies from the end of november 2004 until the end of february 2005 because they could not let in anymore customers.

this is not 2004. it's not 2005. it's 2013.

i was on proudmoore from beta until..well i'm still on proudmoore. it was up until cataclysm the 2nd most populous US server. i was in the top horde raiding guild for vanilla and bc and we played during the servers prime time. the queue was at most 10 minutes.

this is 8 years later. server tech has advanced. maintenance costs have lowered and its unlikely this game has the 2 million people knocking on it's door during launch that prompted blizzard to stop shipping retail boxes for 3 months. stop making excuses for this company. a 10-20 minute queue is acceptable. an hour+ queue is not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do people even read the sticky or the first page of this thread????
  • Options
    sugram84sugram84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loonatic37 wrote: »
    I fail to see how people who don't pay for a supposedly free to play game are freeloaders. What if someone called you a cheap skate for not buying the larger package? wouldn't like that would you?

i agree, & not all people can afford to be SUB'S/VIP'S, specially in some nations, need to get bi as cheap as possible, & me i'm just careful with my money, u never know when u need a large amount of it

ok he say'd freeloaders, u can call him lazy, cause he P2P player gets meany things easy while we half to work hard for it, u se the logic in it? & its a fair trade ton't u think? :D
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good for you buddy, you have just joined the other crying morons. clap! clap! clap!

Screw you frealoader,
    i'm a founder,
    I pay to play this game so losers like you can play it for free,
    and yes I know i'm not entitled to jump ahead of the queue, but those who payed and still pay should have that privalge.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    I don't have any issues with the queue , I'm drinking my coffee here waiting and quess what 9k queue just passed in less than 30 mins and now i'm able to play. I prefer having a long queue times compared to the massive delay and lag spikes that we had yesterday :)

I had my breakfast two times...and I'm still waiting..
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Scrapped my last post, you're both the same, nevermind.

Anyway, I'm glad only HOTN purchasers get queue priority or it would be virtually impossible for me to get in today.
  • Options
    sirroberyonsirroberyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was in que position 6742 then after 1 min i was in position 183741:)))) so this rock:D
  • Options
    mikaeus69mikaeus69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My que went from 7k to 100k... really?!!! this is bull****... i go from waiting 1 hour to test a game (thankfully i didnt pay for this) to waiting... gawd knows how long 100k que would take me to get through....
    perhaps yas should have waited and released the game WITH MOAR SHARDS!
  • Options
    rivoniarivonia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow player since BC. Yes, it certainly had its moments as well.
    However, the queues there largely depended upon which server you chose to play on.
    And... if it was unbearably long for your particular server, you could always find a low pop server on which to play for awhile until things calmed down.
    On my realms though, the longest queue I ever experienced was 2 hours when WOTLK released.
    While that queue was in progress, I was able to log my second account in to a low pop server and at least start leveling up an alt.
    With Neverwinter, I have not been able to get into the game in any way whatsoever.
    I keep seeing folks say if we bought the $60 founder's pack we got early access and all, so don't whine... but that is not the case for all of us. I had only yesterday made this purchase, after having a friend speak very highly of the game.
    Sure, I expected a queue, and server instability, lag, etc. It's not my first MMO. Release days and patch days are often less than optimal.
    What we have here is a complete failure to properly assess the resources required for a release, imo.
    I'll give it the rest of the week before writing it off, but if I'm not even able to get in the game to play, at all... what am I supposed to think?
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had a que of 1 before was that just luck or a loophole from doing stuff in foundry?
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll cry and I'll listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NH68v5WyIw
This discussion has been closed.