test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.13

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Maintenance is currently scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.

Stability
  • Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.

Login
  • The Queue position indicator now has more information, as well as buttons that link to Neverwinter Gateway and the Neverwinter Wiki.
  • Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.

Daily Quests
  • Repeatable quests now have blue text in the Contact UI.
  • Repeatable quests that are on cooldown now properly look disabled, and they have a time displaying the remaining time until theyre available again.
  • Repeatable quests now have tooltips in the Contact UI.
  • Rhixs animations now work more consistently with the contact dialog close-up.
  • Rhix no longer displays a blue exclamation mark over his head when he has no quests available for the player.
  • Rhixs daily quests now properly inform the player to return to Rhix when they are complete.

Professions
  • Professions: Leadership: (Rare) Participate in a Tournament: Increased amount of time to complete this task to 6 hours, up from 4 hours.

Founders Agent
  • The Founders Agent now properly allows players to reclaim all of the promo items players qualify for.

Nightmare Lockbox
  • The @handle has been removed from Heavy Inferno Nightmare winner broadcasts.

User Interface
  • The Astral Diamond Claim button in the AD Exchange now shows a warning that any Astral Diamonds withdrawn belong to the character, not the account.
  • The confirmation window that pops up when trying to move out of an incomplete quest map has had a minor facelift.

Foundry
  • The "Tipsy" achievement is now triggered when the player tips 500 Astral Diamonds, up from 100 Astral Diamonds. (The maximum tip was increased in a previous patch.)

Localization
  • Many updates have been made to French and German language translations.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many can each shard handle?
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • r3ality84r3ality84 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi

I'm still getting an issue with unable to connect to account server.. will this issue be fixed?
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How many can each shard handle?

Like they'll answer.
  • vorkagvorkag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theri123 wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.

NO YOU HAVN'T

These patch notes are for TOMORROW morning. That's 7 AM Pacific Time.

Hopefully there might be some other things that get hotfixed too with this but Patch Notes prior to patch is more than amazing. Considering some companies don't even give patch notes still.. until days later.
  • girlbawanggirlbawang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is this the reason for this?

Launcher update

Patcher error
    The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.
  • alundrosalundros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any ETA on when we'll get a fix for the guild bank tab permissions bug? It's rather annoying that our guild bank is still unable to be used since permissions can't be set.

-Velinfor
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is currently scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.

Stability
    • Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.

Ahhh Very nice!!
  • fawcettpfawcettp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi, i downloaded the launcher a couple weeks ago, and have been keeping up with the patches, but today when i tried to jump on it today to play its not even loading the patcher any more. any word on this?
  • xroachpxroachp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    O m f g The Queue @ this moment 3750 Jipie wainting all day
  • xroachpxroachp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I mean 56201 Wtf did i Realy pay 59,99 Dollars 2 wait this long ....
  • fast2killfast2kill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    que fixed already...im in,nice job:cool::cool:
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prolong rare task? That's really neccesary :/ they all already take 2-4x longer then normal tasks and are basically for lower reward. But I guess some people still clicks it so.. good change

(I love STO duty officers very much, more complex, more fun with random, rare rewards had.. um.. nice rewards if you managed to complete it...)
  • xsa44xsa44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    User Interface
    • The Astral Diamond Claim button in the AD Exchange now shows a warning that any Astral Diamonds withdrawn belong to the character, not the account.
    [/QUOTE]

So If I want to deposit back my AD, how do I do that...
  • gerevyckgerevyck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch now. Getting sick of waiting in the que for 20 min then getting dumped to the login screen!
  • paranormalpaprixparanormalpaprix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first i was 1099 place in the que now in 119569 :(
  • cordo2kcordo2k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher update

Patcher error
    The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.

Ant solution?
  • gerevyckgerevyck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Closet I've gotten tonight is 272 then get dumped back to the login screen. Stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around and patch this already.
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STOP!!!!!!!
    Before you put that link to the gateway in the queue. I just found out, trying to login to the gateway when your in a queue will DISCONNECT you from the game, dumping your place in the queue after you log back in

Might want to check that out first or you going to have another day of pissed of customers.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I made a big mistake on Sunday when I deleted my character that had all of my Astral Diamonds on him. I did not spend any and did not know they were not account bound. I have been unable to contact Customer Service via the website because the page 404's me. I know there is probably not much you can do for my own stupidity but still worth a shot.

Anyone got any ideas here?
  • joharassitjoharassit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why do we have a que to log in to begin with???????????? Other f2p games dont have this, why you guys, how can we get rid of it entirely.
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate to be "that guy" but without the @handle, whos to say the notification system isnt just spamming ran gen'd names every so often?

While you guys are at it, let us delete or throw away the stupid lockboxes. You were already super stingy with bag space, the least you can do is let us decide how we best want to utilize it.
  • divamikidivamiki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you file an in-game ticket?
    OK I made a big mistake on Sunday when I deleted my character that had all of my Astral Diamonds on him. I did not spend any and did not know they were not account bound. I have been unable to contact Customer Service via the website because the page 404's me. I know there is probably not much you can do for my own stupidity but still worth a shot.

Anyone got any ideas here?
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joharassit wrote: »
    why do we have a que to log in to begin with???????????? Other f2p games dont have this, why you guys, how can we get rid of it entirely.

buy the $200 waste of money and guarantee 'VIP' access. It's painfully obvious why they introduced a queue after a patch and open beta launch.
  • mcgrail86mcgrail86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up :) nice to see you telling us what and why you do it.
  • mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divamiki wrote: »
    Did you file an in-game ticket?

Yes I sent a ticket in game on Sunday but may not have routed it correctly perhaps. Never received a reply.
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    buy the $200 waste of money and guarantee 'VIP' access. It's painfully obvious why they introduced a queue after a patch and open beta launch.

I would think that the influx of free players to the servers is what caused the queue. I am sure it was there all the time we just never hit it with the Founders and Guardians as the only ones in game.
  • peacockbladepeacockblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cordo2k wrote: »
    Launcher update

Patcher error

Ant solution?

I had this problem myself. If you check the Launcher problems thread - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions - there is a link to a new .exe file you can download to fix the problem.
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    I hate to be "that guy" but without the @handle, whos to say the notification system isnt just spamming ran gen'd names every so often?

While you guys are at it, let us delete or throw away the stupid lockboxes. You were already super stingy with bag space, the least you can do is let us decide how we best want to utilize it.

"Super Stingy"...? U have the same amount of space as most games; actually more... (other then the bank) U can get plenty of bags IN GAME... Or u can use the CS and get some big ones faster... Maybe they should have just given you 1 bag where all mats, drops, etc were all combined... Oh, wait thats right u have "free" Separate bags just for those... But hey everyone's gonna complain no matter what right?

As for the guy asking about Shard sizes Read the Dev tracker...
    "The three Neverwinter shards are made up of hundreds of actual server machines. The issues today were due to some failed network equipment, not the servers running the game. "
    -Lead Programmer: rehpic
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theri123 wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.

NO YOU HAVN'T

maybe you should read the part where it says the day of the patch notes May 1st, plus the server had not come down for this patch yet
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this problem myself. If you check the Launcher problems thread - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions - there is a link to a new .exe file you can download to fix the problem.

did this, worked, disconnected tried to reconnect and the same error came up.
    Obviously they have no idea wtf they're doing.
This discussion has been closed.