What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    soyjazsoyjaz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem here ... downloaded the game, installed it, but when it comes to the patcher, the error appears (french installation) ... Cannot go further ... Thanks for keeping us informed ...
  • Options
    galatina438galatina438 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    8800 in queue -(

that will teach me for posting,,

now 29,983
  • Options
    karinthkarinth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I played the game for a bit then had to leave. When I got back I hit login, with the correct information, all it does is crash. I have done a clean install again and still the same issue.
  • Options
    aedexaedex Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting a script error upon launching the loader:

Row 38
    Character: 2
    Type: Syntax error
    Code: 0
    URL: http://files.playneverwinter.com.s3.amazonaws.com/launcher/js/launcher.js

I can Ok/Cancel and when I continue anyway (Ok button), it seems to load, but the login button doenst work (nothing happens after entering the correct login information).

Already re-installed, launching as admin and replaced the .exe. None of it fixed the problem.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks cmpinpointerror ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    m1lh0u53m1lh0u53 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Queue position 8695, dafuq? are they serious
  • Options
    nikkalnikkal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    8800 in queue -(

that will teach me for posting,,

now 29,983

Same problem here. My queue time keeps increasing. Maybe if I wait long enough it will hit the digit cap and let me in?
  • Options
    aerokasaerokas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We're looking into it right now and will resolve it shortly.

Update 1: We know the cause and have a team working on it. Thank you for being patient.
    Update 2: Solution is being worked on. You'll be able to log in soon.
    Update 3: The issues are related to the web server that hosts the Launcher page. We're working on a redirect and it should be fixed soon.
    Update 4: We're going to QA (internally test) another update to the launcher. Hold tight - it's close! And remember, if you're a Founder stuck at login and already have a level 10+ character, check out Gateway! https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    Update 5: Launcher fix in place. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve the issue. Log into Neverwinter NOW!
    Update 6: For players who still cannot get in, we have a fix for you in a few minutes. Stay tuned.
    [Solution] Update 7:

Update 8: 403 errors - Looking into it!
    [Solution] Update 9: For players with 403 error, click on this link: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey. You don't need a key. Just go to the page to fix the 403 error.
    [Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.
    [Solution] Update 11: Error 36 message while trying to patch:
    [Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7.
    Update 13: We're going to take the servers down to address a few issues in around 15 minutes. Maintenance thread here.
    Update 14: Maintenance completed. We'll continue to monitor this thread.

Tried this. Now I get the launcher and after I sign in it just says connecting. Finally the launcher finishes saying "connecting" only to restart itself and tell me I have entered my password incorrectly or username. I've checked both. I've logged in and out of this website which is the same username and password as my game launcher. Any new ideas?
  • Options
    satthansatthan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i still have the oops your cryptic application blabla bla ..... guys fix that its really annoying !!!!
  • Options
    kaayoskaayos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No one else is having the "log in with your account" and link your account issue after initially logging into the launcher?
  • Options
    m1lh0u53m1lh0u53 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This "queue thing" is very bad.
    Is there something wrong on their end as to why this is happening? or is this how it's going to be, a stupid amount in a queue?
  • Options
    derothderoth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this is beyond ridiculous! log in and I'm 7313 in queue, i turned to pour a glass of soda, 30825 in queue, turned to complain to my wife, now am 6449 in queue. will try complaining to my wife more :p
    Woke up in Greyhawk, went by the Whistling Fish for breakfast. Weird mist in the cellar. Checked it out, ended up fighting Strahd in Ravenloft
  • Options
    crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I logged in 2 and a half hours ago to the bottom shard in the list & it let me straight in ? <- No founder pack.
  • Options
    mjhusnmjhusn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    got in earlier with the new exe link, but now im back to the same problem again, white box of nothingness, cant input email and pw :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    if by the bottom shard you mean "Dragon", I am trying to get into the same shard....
    Woke up in Greyhawk, went by the Whistling Fish for breakfast. Weird mist in the cellar. Checked it out, ended up fighting Strahd in Ravenloft
  • Options
    mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Consider that there is likely hundreds of thousands of people trying to sign in all at once. You're only 7000th in line? Well that's not bad considering there is likely a hundred thousand people behind you.
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deroth wrote: »
    if by the bottom shard you mean "Dragon", I am trying to get into the same shard....

and people already with accounts and names on other shards well gl waiting 2 hours on getting in :P

we all know how that lighten the game experience having to wait hours in queuo then dc and wait more hours xD
  • Options
    tinchoxiitinchoxii Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Patching here - Let's see how it goes after it's done patching.
  • Options
    greiffgreiff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would agree that this queue thing is pretty bad. I played a fair share of mmo, and i know it's the first night of open beta.... but i have never had to queue up to get in.... sure i got server full before, but that's why they have different server.....
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @mazmarhaun true, what gets me is the back and forth jumps to 30k+ then back down to 4 digit numbers....
  • Options
    eg92eg92 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im still at the patching launcher and it wont even move just says patching but i dont see no numbers or anything ive tryed everything to fix it but it still wont fix
  • Options
    worstgamewtfworstgamewtf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow no wonder this game is free, it doesn't even work! Pathetic effort, really.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The point of the beta is to locate issues and solve them before the game goes live. A problem with the queuing system is just one of the issues this game has right now, in beta, pre launch. Sit tight, keep calm, move along, and wait it out. It will get fixed before too long.
  • Options
    mjhusnmjhusn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i cant even get INTO the queue to be frustrated by it :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bet the guys at PW are wishing they'd bought the 6 +3 servers from the Dwarves, then the 3 +6 servers from the Goblins....
  • Options
    dfighter1985dfighter1985 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for #7!
  • Options
    norlamonnorlamon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For some reason I can't start new threads and I can't set my Guardian status in my acct profile. Can Anyone able to start a new thread create one for everyone stuck at PATCHING at laucher??? I see ppl complaining because of the queue and tho I understand them there are ppl that are not even able to enter the game.....It would be nice if u stop posting regarding that matter as it's probably being issued.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mjhusn wrote: »
    i cant even get INTO the queue to be frustrated by it :(

Beta is beta. You'll get there, I promise!
  • Options
    kinpachi1kinpachi1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "the patchclient got s message" was short for "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" I'm not getting that box anymore,the game just closes out after I push the play button.
  • Options
    daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol from 5k to 13k on queue
This discussion has been closed.