Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    lucaspopiclucaspopic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why patcher dont work ??????????
  • Options
    sertonissertonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The ques arnt little they are massive.. you need more servers.
  • Options
    xorifyxorify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Even if you got a founders pack you still had loggin problems before this, right ?
    And we are a large amount of players who got founders, now imagine the rest who got the patient to wait for open-BETA ?
    of course it will be queues on the first day. though i gotta say they WHERE badly prepaired for this but i bet they are doing the best they can, just hang ing there and watch a movie or something, you aint dying cuz you cant play a game for a few hours.
  • Options
    lorddethsothlorddethsoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wish iknew which is screen shot im in que position 321,731
    "What's use living life, if your afraid of a little death?"
  • Options
    nicodareussnicodareuss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I went from under 100 to over 8000 twice now.
    Pretty sad
  • Options
    taimeriataimeria Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love how people who may have decided to play the game before putting money into it get insulted. Way to separate yourselves.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    The thing is, it happens to nearly every game. Diablo 3 had it, and it was a horrible launch, even considering the amount of hype that was put into the game, knowing full well how many people were going to jump in at launch. SWTOR had it. GW2 had it. These companies, this wasn't their first rodeo either, but all of them had issues with lag and queues at launch. It happens. To everyone. And it will continue to happen to everyone so long as there's bandwidth throttling in existence with service providers.

This isn't a bandwith issue man. It's a pure Money issue! All about having enough hardware in Place to cope With demand.

They have Budget, fixed set of hardware and are able to handle a pre-calculated amount of People. Everyone above gets placed in a Queue. The end.

Was the same With STO where it took weeks to settle Down With population fixing it themselves by enough People giving up and leaving.
  • Options
    riderpride81riderpride81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Devs have already stated that the jumping queue numbers issue is a display issue, and that a fix is in the works. In other words, the number you're seeing isn't what you're actually at in the queue, probably a lot lower
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    YA KNOW i have to laugh YOU PAID for PERKS nothing else
    open beta yup that means only those who put out the 120+are recognized but thats ok THIS is start of open BETA yesss it is still a beta test....... so expect long ques LOl just havent seen one this long since EQ beta :)) which was over 17 yrs ago...
  • Options
    ragingundeadragingundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm feeling pretty shafted right now, as a paying customer. :( I was warned to not pay for a game like this. Guess they were right. I sit here not playing, while some nonpayers are playing.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Just jumped from position 400 to 4710. I'm done with this game. Enjoy my $60 you money hungry ****s.

if you paid for a service and they fail to provide that service, you are well within your rights to seek a refund. if perfect world will not grant that refund you may pursue it with your credit card company.
  • Options
    whocares262whocares262 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SCREW YOU AND YOUR BETA !!!!
    already uninstalled it not going to waste 10hrs plus on trying to get in to a game that you have no intention on letting people in
    except those who spent the 250bucks

but should be intresting to see launch of this game i smell another sim city disaster
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay! I understand the queue system, but if you are making a queue system you must make the characters not DC during the queue or later and go back to the end of the queue.

This really need to be fixed.
  • Options
    jubal77jubal77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So lets hear from you internet geniuses how online game companies are supposed to properly estimate server load for a new game? Really I am all ears. I think Perfect World did a great job at putting out a closed beta using handed out codes and purchase based entry to get an idea of the "devoted following." And then they used this to get a base estimate of the load for today. And now that all of the f2p players are coming into the system they are monitoring the game and have already put out a couple of fixes. I think they are doing a great job dealing with the mass of people hitting their servers right now.
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Started at 1317. Got up to get some water, sit back down and I'm at 2858.

Queues are supposed to go down, not up, FYI.

LOL the Hero's of the North got home from school and jumped the Que :)
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand that this is their release. There are no more player wipes therefore it's release. Them putting a different name on it is only a way of rationalizing the problems that they're going to have coming up.

Again...an autistic 4th grader could see this....why am I not amazed you can't.

This isn't the complete release. It's still beta, just now anyone can join. The game is still being fixed.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    trocan678trocan678 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    The only comparison here to STO is the music, imo... Sounds very similar. Other than that...meh
  • Options
    dignamdignam Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Devs have already stated that the jumping queue numbers issue is a display issue, and that a fix is in the works. In other words, the number you're seeing isn't what you're actually at in the queue, probably a lot lower

They did say it is a display issue, they did not say the "real" number is probably a lot lower. You should not purposefully pass along miss-information.
  • Options
    vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    No love for Guardians? That's pretty weak. I understand the Hero of the North folks getting in first, but shouldn't us GUARDIANS that PAID REAL MONEY for the game be slipped in right behind them in the line?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jubal they act like this isnt a beta :)
  • Options
    budhablessembudhablessem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just went for 4450 queue to over 14k. really guise?
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Of course us Guardians are shafted. We pay $60 more than moochers who are playing this game for free, and we get stuck in the same **** line as them.

Way to **** up PWE.

Ha, moochers?? Who has 2 thumbs and $60 in his account??? *thumbs up* This guy!! *thumbs up* muhahahahahaha
  • Options
    lafush1lafush1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cool...
    paied 60$ and im 4000 in queue... happy.
  • Options
    grembler1grembler1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Things to do while in queue - walk up stairs. open liquor cabinet, pull out shaker, bourbon, stemmed glass. Add ice 3/4 in shaker. Add 1 shot sweet vermouth from bottle in fridge. Add 2 dashes bitters also from fridge. Add 3-4 shots bourbon. Shake 30 times. pour into glass. walk back down stairs and you will notice you jumped from 2800 to 5600 in the queue. Repeat as needed. Either you will get in or you will be too drunk to care once you do finally get in.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    leisses wrote: »
    Okay! I understand the queue system, but if you are making a queue system you must make the characters not DC during the queue or later and go back to the end of the queue.

This really need to be fixed.

Dude this entire Queue system dissaster exists since STO launch. They had years to fix it and here we are today looking at the exact same EPIC FAIL Queue system we had With STO launch. lol.

You gotta love Cryptic for not giving a darn, only than dangling a 200 dollar "jump in Queue" carrot in front of people's eyes.
  • Options
    riderpride81riderpride81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    This isn't a bandwith issue man. It's a pure Money issue! All about having enough hardware in Place to cope With demand.

They have Budget, fixed set of hardware and are able to handle a pre-calculated amount of People. Everyone above gets placed in a Queue. The end.

Was the same With STO where it took weeks to settle Down With population fixing it themselves by enough People giving up and leaving.

So if it's just a money issue, how does that explain how the same thing happens to other companies and other games at launch? SWTOR had an apparent budget of about $300 million for development, had issues at launch, Diablo 3, massive launch hype, had major issues at launch, and probably a budget that would make Neverwinter's launch look like a handful of pocket change. You'd better believe that this is a bandwidth issue, to think otherwise is just assinine.
  • Options
    zysus65zysus65 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    incredible, 20 minute queue and waiting .................. 11900
    I beg to repair this terrible mistake.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    SCREW YOU AND YOUR BETA !!!!
    already uninstalled it not going to waste 10hrs plus on trying to get in to a game that you have no intention on letting people in
    except those who spent the 250bucks

but should be intresting to see launch of this game i smell another sim city disaster
    did someone notice some chiken scratch here cant tell what it says :)
  • Options
    zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are currently 3 Servers available, just try another one if you got stuck in a huge Queue.

Btw. be happy that you actually CAN play when you come through, remembering back on the Launch of "Tera" and it wasn't F2P the Servers died under the load and no one could do anything. So it is surprising that the game keeps up so well, aside the lag when your actually in game. The The Queue's will die out eventually in a few hours or tomorrow and you all can play.

They need to scale first adapting to the load of players. It keeps up better currently than most games starting I saw, so try to be patient.

Sincerely,

Zola Suwaro
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    swapping characters should not generate a Queue
This discussion has been closed.