test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have none of you ever played on a launch day before? Have some patience and you will eventually be able to get into the game. Go find something else to do for a while and let things settle down. Just because I bought the HoTN pack does not mean I was able to log in right away, as some of you people are assuming. I couldn't even get the client to respond to even patch up. It was about 2-3 hours from the time I first attempted to launch the client until the time I could actually get in the game to even play.
  • Options
    misterbourbonmisterbourbon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Free to Play game.

"You're freeloading scum! You didn't pay money for this!"

Notsureifserious.jpg

You don't pay for oxygen! How DARE you breathe!
  • Options
    t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ya, this queue is rubbish... why give a number if it's going to change randomly and not follow any particular pattern? Why not just say "The server "server name" is currently full. You are in the server queue. Please wait" at least that wouldn't be so misleading. Regardless, the servers are going to be at max capacity when we finally get on and I'm not sure how that experience will be considering the game is all instances, all I have to say is at least it isn't open world lol

EDIT: I was a Guardian Founders Pack purchaser and yet it just refers to me as a PWE user. I don't really care for the title, but it seems like they are really only caring for the Hero of the North purchasers
  • Options
    talrunetalrune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ya <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> us guardians out of this vip access is annoying...if I had know the que was going to be so high i might and I say might have bought the higher priced pack...way to treat your customers on day one.
  • Options
    aeryxiaeaeryxiae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I saw a huge queue, I loaded up another MMO and played that while I waited in queue.
    It's free and open beta, my expectations aren't high for that reason.
  • Options
    bigja00bigja00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Man, I'm upset right now. I paid $60 for the game and what, I'm stuck in a queue behind a load of free players?? Not right. Sure, $200 guys should get the highest priority then us afterwards with the free guys waaay down the bottom.
    Instead, I get to watch my queue position fluctuate from 3000 - 8000 and back to 1000. Oh wait, while I'm typing I'm back up to 7000 again...

NOT IMPRESSED.
  • Options
    ritorixritorix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guardian pack, queue for me has gone 2400 -> 4700 -> 1900. Weird.
  • Options
    rhcpmikeyrhcpmikey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, so much for hoping to play for a few more hours before work.
    Zironako - level 60 - control wizard
    Lucience - level 16 - trickster rogue
    Dragon server
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    In packs descriptions there was nothing written about QUEUES lol and since both packs are FOUNDERS they should both get priority, hotn 1st and gow 2nd

Yes there was. The Hero pack clearly stated you have priority log-in. This was not on the Guardian pack, because they don't have priority log-in...not sure what the confusion is here.
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sure heroes of the north to the front fk all other payers.
  • Options
    infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erm, let's remember people this is the first day being opened give it time, it should start calming down, there's more stuff they should be focusing on too know you guys payed but c'mon patience
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited April 2013
    wow, founder (guardian) at queue 2500, i don't think that is right at all.
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    I understand it is the first day of open beta but you must have had a forecast on how many people would be trying to play?? Assuming you did and you knew what server capacity would be why didn't you then double it to be on the safe side? If this is what it is going to be like every day/evening I will be asking for a refund on the pack I bought and certainly won't be paying you any more money. If f2p people are being prioritised over Guardians that is the worst customer service policy I have ever read about. I was in a queue for 20 minutes with it flipping from 1056 to 2987 down to 991 back to 2768 down to 451 (was getting excited!) and then back up to 2771. You need to think about the people who paid you money ahead of launch better.
  • Options
    erazareerazare Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    beruskoo wrote: »
    *Restarting server in 10minutes*
    - Ok let's logout then -
    *NEVERMIND, NO NEED TO RESTART, SORRY SON ENJOY YOUR 3000 QUEUE*

/rage off

thats exactly what happened to me
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    To make it clear:
    HOTN are in the top of the queue cause they are founders cause they spent.
    GOW are NOT in the top of the queue, after HOTN, cause they are founders cause they spent.
    WTF? -.-' This is an insult for GoW users....
  • Options
    kinghissskinghisss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    More worried why the game will only play in windowed - maximised setting not fullscreen.
  • Options
    tls44tls44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1900 to 7400

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kinghisss wrote: »
    Wow, if this is the sort of attitude free players get, maybe we would be better off not playing and go spend money elsewhere.

I'm sure you didn't pay a dime, otherwise you'd be upset.

Wish I was there, really.
  • Options
    zumanityxzumanityx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not about lack of reading the information provided. People are more upset with Cryptic's logic of not giving the same priority access as HotN to Guardians when they supported a F2P game. People who didn't pay a penny to play the game shouldn't get to play in front of people who have supported the game financially and through the weekends.
    luxsig1.jpg
  • Options
    blackdragon1986blackdragon1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dear Cryptic, your queue doesn't know how to count, sincerely me.
  • Options
    thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Have you ever considered that they need to test the capacity and they may possibly raise the capacity or lower it and add more servers to fit as it goes, this is beta and that is part of what beta is for. Also it is smart for them not to go opening 200 shards just to have a bunch of people quit and a ton of dead servers, then have to deal with the server merging issues. Would you rather have a queue the first day of open beta, and the proper amount of servers on official launch, or would you rather end up playing on a server with nobody to play with?

^ this is what you all should read
  • Options
    demtri80demtri80 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So Guardians do not get any advantage? I feel shafted I even bought ZEN for the release today.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    zumanityx wrote: »
    It's not about lack of reading the information provided. People are more upset with Cryptic's logic of not giving the same priority access as HotN to Guardians when they supported a F2P game. People who didn't pay a penny to play the game shouldn't get to play in front of people who have supported the game financially and through the weekends.

+1.
    oh wait what am i saying!? +1000000000000000000000000
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    7000+ WTF in line to log in as FOUNDER IS WRONG I AM SO MAD I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    gluve221gluve221 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone just needs to chill out, its an Open Beta therefore these issues are normal, its a work in progress, so what if you cant play for an hour or two, maybe even a whole day :eek: It will be up and working smoothly in time until then why not do something else. Not really any use complaining about it over and over again in the forums.
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    i dont mind the que any... its the your nr.526! k good ill keep watching that show.. check back.. your nr. 6000! i call BS that there were 5400 HoTN people deciding to que up in that timeframe..
  • Options
    feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic's gone way downhill ever since PWE took over. This is just another example of greedy, underhanded nonsense. Zeros of the North aren't just priority access... they're the only ones getting in right now period.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    We’re aware of issues related to queues and are investigating. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix. We’ll update you with an ETA for the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe that as a person who paid to support the devs on this FREE game, i have to wait in a large queue, whilst everyone else plays for free :(
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also keep in mind. We're upset because they're completely ignoring this, there's not a single comment about it other than "Go buy HOTN access heuheuheu"

At least saying something would help but instead they'll just ignore it.
This discussion has been closed.