What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    srthedutchsrthedutch Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Getting error 36 during patching. it says: Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing.

Hope you guys can fix this quickly because I'm dying to make a character. Love the communication and quick response of you guys keep that up throughout the entire game and you'll help build a solid NeverWinter community!
  • Options
    donaldlkdonaldlk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i just wanna know why mine launcher dont show up .. i replace the .exe also and still nothing .. please .. =)
  • Options
    thorurhthorurh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To fix the error 36. Right click the exe, propertise, and choose to run it as admin. This fixed it for me. Tell me if it worked
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    Updated the first post with [Solution]. Please check there first with any issues you may be experiencing.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    thorurh wrote: »
    To fix the error 36. Right click the exe, propertise, and choose to run it as admin. This fixed it for me. Tell me if it worked
    srthedutch wrote: »
    Getting error 36 during patching. it says: Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing.

Hope you guys can fix this quickly because I'm dying to make a character. Love the communication and quick response of you guys keep that up throughout the entire game and you'll help build a solid NeverWinter community!

Try running the launcher as Administrator.
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i m getting
    "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate"
    "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time."
  • Options
    beaversonfirebeaversonfire Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I log in and click play, the game doesnt load. It just closes the launcher and thats that.

Whats wrong? I reinstalled the game and its still doing this, even if I run in administrator mode. The game simply doesnt load
  • Options
    haymon123haymon123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    REPLACE THE LAUNCHER, it works fine. BUT the game inside is lagging like crazy (server overload prob)
  • Options
    marszal93marszal93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ERROR 36
    I got screenshot with log during this error, its repeating all the time.20890243.jpg
  • Options
    bearclaw85bearclaw85 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »
    You might want to:
    1) Make sure that you have enough available disk space for patching.
    2) Make sure that none of the files are already in use (i.e. you don't already have the game launching in the background)
    3) Run the launcher as administrator

Number 3 was the solution to Error 36 (for me). Thank you! :)
  • Options
    corymncorymn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i Get this error again and again and again each time i open the launcher as administrator or any other form. " Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. tried conecting 1 time "

And never cant enter -.-
  • Options
    aldrisommeraldrisommer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i get this error (null) crash after i login and the launcher cant patch
  • Options
    donaldlkdonaldlk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    still nothing .. launch as administrator and nothing also ... i guess im not able to play =(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    corymn wrote: »
    i Get this error again and again and again each time i open the launcher as administrator or any other form. " Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. tried conecting 1 time "

And never cant enter -.-
    antonislak wrote: »
    i m getting
    "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate"
    "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time."

Replace Neverwinter.exe with Solution 7 from this post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    update 7 doesn't really work since thats a link to a 4gb patch and some ppl have bandwidth limits ie. 10gb.

we need a better fix for that other than 're-download the game entirely' since ive taken it off one pc where its working with a USB data stick, put it in the other and get "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

could you actually look into this problem please?...and not lock the thread that was discussing it with 'its fixed' when it clearly is not.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Why can I not open the game? I can open launcher, log in, but when I click play, the **** game doesnt open? Im extremely annoyed, and I really want to play
  • Options
    kawoosekawoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    when i log in it only says: patching.When i press ctrl+c nothing happens there. I can only click cancel but even that shows no reaction...anyone else with the same problem who could help me?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Now appaerntly I have to do a 2.1g patch
  • Options
    aliengamerjgaliengamerjg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Again, just to update. For players with 403 errors:

1. Click on this link: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey.
    2. Yo do not need to anything else except click that link.
    3. Open your launcher to patch and/or log in to play.

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... it worked. Click the link (and login if not already); then click to relaunch the game/patcher... Boom, opened right up.

Thank you!
  • Options
    satthansatthan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont have teamviewer or mumble , i have a clean computer , i tried running as administrator , i tried number 7 in the solutions and i have reinstalled the game but i still have the : oops your Cryptic application has crashed bla bla bla ... i want to play :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I canceled the patch, reloaded the launcher, and it does the same stuff over and over again. I log in, but when I click play it just tells me to **** off. Why will the game not open?
  • Options
    skylynn3skylynn3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    can not launcher in please fix problem
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bordicia wrote: »
    did neone else uninstall... and now awaiting the server to work just to re download the game. and wait even longer :mad::mad:

No sir, i am in-game.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leotazakileotazaki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I login and enter the screen "loading" and following error
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Leonardo/Desktop/fatal%20error.GIF[/IMG]
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Glad to here you are fixing the log-in BUT what about the unplayable LAGGGGGGG when you do actually log in!
  • Options
    karrskarrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope who ever runs your Site or wherever hosts your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> isn't getting paid.
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't get an error 36 I get the NW.1.20130416a.12 then that finishes and says patching then nothing happens,
    it just says patching with nothing happening and the cancel never goes away.
  • Options
    srthedutchsrthedutch Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Again, just to update. For players with 403 errors:

1. Click on this link: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey.
    2. Yo do not need to anything else except click that link.
    3. Open your launcher to patch and/or log in to play.

with the error 36 run as administrator solution worked just fine for me so I it's one of the solutions. Keep up the good work guys! Also just a question are 4gigabyte patches normal?
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kawoose wrote: »
    when i log in it only says: patching.When i press ctrl+c nothing happens there. I can only click cancel but even that shows no reaction...anyone else with the same problem who could help me?

i downloaded the game on my pc, then put it in a USB data stick to install on my other pc. sometime around launch my version ended up doing the exact thing you are describing. i deleted it, and took the updated file back from the other computer and it worked.

...not that it really helps you.
  • Options
    satthansatthan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is there a way to manually patch that **** ?
This discussion has been closed.