Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    marklive33marklive33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    noscetemet wrote: »
    So... Situation Normal: All ****ed Up?

Truth to be told, while modern MMOs have gotten better at it, to have a truly horrible launch it'd need to last a few days. You've got time.

Typical kid who knows nothing about gaming. First and foremost, it's not a launch. It's still BETA! **** happens in BETA get over it!!
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    alright, i really did not want to play ddo while i wait but, probably will have to... lol
  • Options
    zipkatszipkats Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still a rumor I guess
  • Options
    xthalocxthaloc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone got in ? and want to buy a update plox! sitting here 7 mates and cant get in :(
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah white launcher from hell here for me, had in for STO and CO as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zekeschuzekeschu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xrail3 wrote: »
    I'm in!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT

stop lying
  • Options
    caplvalcaplval Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zekeschu wrote: »
    stop lying

Don't feed the troll
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    zekeschu wrote: »
    stop lying

probably , yep
  • Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    I guess that means I can't check and set doff mission in sto either.
  • Options
    sparkleavsparkleav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still white page for me.
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rift and The Secret World both had FLAWLESS launches. The launch of City of Heroes back in 2004 was better than this.

I played all three at launch. You either have on the nostalgia glasses or you are deliberately lying.
  • Options
    mjhusnmjhusn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For those of you on Windows 7:
    Go to: C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/GameClient.exe

Run as administrator. This will take you to the login screen bypassing the "White Screen Boss"

Account servers however are OP and timing out anyone trying to get on

tried this, but got an error message box stating that i dont have installed files wtf?

before the OB started i could fully log into the game, it just stated i couldn't play yet, so all the files should be installed...
  • Options
    xrail3xrail3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I spammed the **** out of it. Keep getting the white pages and sometimes the log in menu. I got lucky I guess
  • Options
    groovemonkeygroovemonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they're running jumper cables from the forum server to the login server...will be up in a moment
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    caplval wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll
    don't feed the troll, don't kick the baby... what fun we have left?
  • Options
    chocostrawbewwychocostrawbewwy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    im stuck on that page
  • Options
    badpantsbadpants Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wow so many complaints, watching all this qq on here could well be better than playing the game, im sure they will have a fix soon kiddies
  • Options
    lifenuggetslifenuggets Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have made it passed the login but the game crashes on loading screen.
  • Options
    doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    forget this im going to sleep
  • Options
    fredspekvet2fredspekvet2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I played all three at launch. You either have on the nostalgia glasses or you are deliberately lying.

Indeed.. Those games had problems at launch too, just be patient.. i'm sure the dev's are working very hard to fix it... and you cannot really have a plan for launch in place as it would require a enormous amount of overcapacity that will never ever earn itself back when launch is over.

So many people trying to login at once is like an organized DDOS attack - it is very, very hard to deal with that on a server level.

So, be patient! :)
  • Options
    caplvalcaplval Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    don't feed the troll, don't kick the baby... what fun we have left?

Who said anything about not kicking the baby ? =D
  • Options
    error5013error5013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No... there is a way to get in.

In fact if you have patched the latest patch before the launcher crashed... you can get in.
    My wife did so and she is playing now - while I have the White screen of death... ^^

Regards
  • Options
    thraxysthraxys Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    squidjoe wrote: »
    Nothing with tires gives me any trouble because I can tear an engine apart and put it back together in 8 hours.

I would call consuming 8 hours that could be spent doing something else 'trouble'
  • Options
    n1451n1451 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just play LoL in the meantime :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heavily1heavily1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you've bypassed the launcher, there will definitely be an "Account Error" timeout message.

If you haven't bypassed the launcher, can you please provide us with more info? We'd like to look into the issue.

Thanks!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    There's a web-related issue for the launcher and we're working on redirects.
  • Options
    nemesis0807nemesis0807 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Am following them on their facebook page and in here... i must say that the timely response n regular status updates really sets this team apart from others (eg. Bli****d). Thank you and know that your efforts are very much appreciated. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    aaron92232aaron92232 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    servers were open early me and my friends got in and made our characters and got our names ^^ however 2 of us crashed and now stuck back out howeverr keep up the good work I dont mind waiting for a masterpiece ^^
  • Options
    dezi22dezi22 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guess we need to wait it out...
  • Options
    thraxysthraxys Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    error5013 wrote: »
    No... there is a way to get in.

In fact if you have patched the latest patch before the launcher crashed... you can get in.
    My wife did so and she is playing now - while I have the White screen of death... ^^

Regards

I patched 2 hours before crash and cannot get in...so she's just lucky
This discussion has been closed.