What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    heser89heser89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't log in from the game screen either.
  • Options
    zekeschuzekeschu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dgsean wrote: »
    did I miss something? thought this was an open beta?

I thought the purpose of an open beta was to surface these types of load related problems? sounds like while the launcher isn't working as intended, the test is... so nice job testers!

betas aren't demos folks, never have been.

get a load of this guy
  • Options
    tomalusstomaluss Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why not simply add a login que, so I could do something else instead of this pointless waiting.
  • Options
    subocajsubocaj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I was hoping for a break so I could get some real life stuff done. Looks like I got time.
  • Options
    redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    just go sleep for a day and when you wake up, it should be fine by then. I mean are we all so hard up we can't wait for one more day for them to fix it?
  • Options
    terraseraph69terraseraph69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wooo im in later sucka's
  • Options
    misterbourbonmisterbourbon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    moleuk21 wrote: »
    So hipster to be anti-anti complainers...

No MMO has ever had a smooth launch. Complaining is pointless.

Rift and The Secret World both had FLAWLESS launches. The launch of City of Heroes back in 2004 was better than this.
  • Options
    fredspekvet2fredspekvet2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice updating speed guys..keep it up :)
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So the Launcher just opened Internet Explorer and immediately downloaded malware to my computer.

What the heck?

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    bobj021960bobj021960 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gevauldin wrote: »
    quite the opposite, once you get technology involved thats when things start to go bad...

If it's got tires or transistors, it will give you trouble!
  • Options
    kylstroudly28kylstroudly28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Updated 10:16.
    This makes me happy.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nope, i can only spam forum.
    Ah well its beta so such stuff are expected to happen now and then.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    gevauldingevauldin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    come on weve almost hit page 30, thats nearly a page every five minutes correction every 2 minutes
    ...play through the pain...
  • Options
    rattlestumprattlestump Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    3:15 am, Morale waning.........

Go to sleep, lol

I have another 4.5 hours before midnight, so I'll be spamming login for a few hours yet. I don't honestly believe I'll actually connect in the next few hours though, but no harm in trying ...
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having loads off fun ...
    So far not a bad game.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    yellowfever2yellowfever2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So hipster to be anti-anti complainers...

You'd think companies pushing out MMOs would learn from their mistakes and stabilize their account/login servers BEFORE open beta. After the Diablo 3 and Simcity fiascos, I'm surprised more MMO teams arent getting their **** together. First impressions and all that.
  • Options
    kristofknkristofkn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guardian/Hero Packs were all playing fine this morning, the Open Beta is actually what has broken everything. The game itself was running flawlessly before they opened the flood gates and I'm on a 27" iMac Boot Camped into Win8 with settings on max.
  • Options
    ravyn47ravyn47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Awesome job, great game. Can't wait to get back in. (My own fault for logging off on my end) Anyway, hope its an easy fix guys :)
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    feyll wrote: »
    I personally find the people who whine about others complaining to be more annoying than the original complainers. At least -they- have a reason to complain. Y'all are just being contrary for the sake of it. Furthermore games that aren't allowed criticism will develop poorly.

Eh, this attitude is part of the reason others complain so hard.

Those who are complaining about the complainers are looking at the situation rationally, seeing that it's something that's going to take a bit of effort to fix, something that's NOT being done intentionally.
  • Options
    zackattack2k13zackattack2k13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fun. yep...
  • Options
    doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    omg this is the best gave i have played. said no one ever
  • Options
    asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Eh..I hate people that say "Open Beta".

Nowadays all companies are using the excuse "Open Beta" and "Founder packs" to get as much money as possible from desperate people trying to be unique to say "I was there when it was a closed beta and i am supporter, what are you!".

Its not an open beta, its a LAUNCH with the excuse of "Open beta" because the game isnt quite ready to be called a finished game, same deal with PoE and every other "F2P" game in the last year..Stop using the its "Open Beta" excuse.
  • Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    So the Launcher just opened Internet Explorer and immediately downloaded malware to my computer.

What the heck?

-Rachel-

It tried to load some kind of oracle <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, which I said no to, and then tried to open explorer on me as well.
  • Options
    kylstroudly28kylstroudly28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You'd think companies pushing out MMOs would learn from their mistakes and stabilize their account/login servers BEFORE open beta. After the Diablo 3 and Simcity fiascos, I'm surprised more MMO teams arent getting their **** together. First impressions and all that.

You try to open a game that a lot of people log onto all at once.
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It amazes me that with millions of dollars poured into these games that some companies still can't understand the tidal wave that hits the first day.
  • Options
    chue23chue23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol white screen patching epic :)
  • Options
    soransensoransen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Which is truly sad after over a decade of dozens of mmo launches. Somebody will get it right eventually.
  • Options
    popiepopie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dgsean wrote: »
    did I miss something? thought this was an open beta?

I thought the purpose of an open beta was to surface these types of load related problems? sounds like while the launcher isn't working as intended, the test is... so nice job testers!

betas aren't demos folks, never have been.
    Except they advertised it as basically a "Demo", one without character-wipe at launch. You really expect people to treat this as what "Beta-testing" really is? You have way too much faith in humanity.
  • Options
    datgregdatgreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At least they say the server cap can hold us all. That's better than the D3 release launch
  • Options
    gevauldingevauldin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    heck yeah 30 pages in 80 minutes!!! congratz that has to be a record!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...play through the pain...
This discussion has been closed.