What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    crazyiwcrazyiw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Shouldn't the amount of people trying to access the game just make it unavailable on login due to server load? Or did actually so many try to log in that you can't even open the launcher properly? Seeing nothing but a white window makes me slightly worried.
  • Options
    cartmanhcartmanh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kiss my ***, I'm going home!
  • Options
    raffys93raffys93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is funny is that if you had the launcher open during countdown, you could have been playing it now.
  • Options
    alfredaugustalfredaugust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    musei0 wrote: »
    No. The login servers are broken so nobody can get in, Founder or not.

My guild teamspeak is full of people playing. (It is like torture, but I can't stop listening.)
    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.Only I will remain
  • Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    bobj021960 wrote: »
    If it's got tires or transistors, it will give you trouble!

Nothing with tires gives me any trouble because I can tear an engine apart and put it back together in 8 hours.
  • Options
    groovemonkeygroovemonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    at least the FORUM SERVER can handle the load..
    MMMMMMM? AHHHHHHHH?
  • Options
    ishmaaelishmaael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We're looking into it right now and will resolve it shortly.

Update 1: We know the cause and have a team working on it. Thank you for being patient.
    Update 2: Solution is being worked on. You'll be able to log in soon.
    Update 3: The issues are related to the web server that hosts the Launcher page. We're working on a redirect and it should be fixed soon.

Thank you, please ignore all the hate. Appreciate the communication and speed. Keep it up, can't wait to play!
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Worked for me, just logged in
  • Options
    chue23chue23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i got in/....
  • Options
    doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Square enix did with ffxi
    soransen wrote: »
    Which is truly sad after over a decade of dozens of mmo launches. Somebody will get it right eventually.
  • Options
    miyatzimiyatzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will characters be wiped at launch?
  • Options
    ilgiambrailgiambra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys don't be rude. I'm waiting too for this game since there were rumors about (which i think is about two years ago? O.o).
    MMO's always have server problems when they open, and moreover this is a beta. Let the team work :D
  • Options
    faustasdmfaustasdm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    raffys93 wrote: »
    What is funny is that if you had the launcher open during countdown, you could have been playing it now.

I was a genius and logged out. And was like "oooooh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, i know where this is going". Still better than Aion EU launch.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    raccoonboyraccoonboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Thats what I did, but then I opened the foundry thing because I was curious and clicked the X in the corner...i didn't know it shut down the game as well xD so I'm stuck out of it..oh well
  • Options
    mordecia2mordecia2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Secret World had a flawless launch?

I have a few chat bugs here for you. >.>
  • Options
    srthedutchsrthedutch Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Always happens first day with a open Beta, quick communication is key. Thanks for the quick responds and I will be waiting for a solution.
  • Options
    pepperonypepperony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pretty please let me in. = )
  • Options
    popiepopie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ilgiambra wrote: »
    Guys don't be rude. I'm waiting too for this game since there were rumors about (which i think is about two years ago? O.o).
    MMO's always have server problems when they open, and moreover this is a beta. Let the team work :D

Roughly two years ago, yeah. If I remember correctly just before PWE bought Cryptic there was a rumor of a "Neverwinter MMO"
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    one positive this does for me atleats is give me more time to nerd around on a few different builds for my DC...patience is a virtue..lets stop crying...remember that for 90% of us this is pretty much going to be a very fun,polished game that you spent absolutely no money on.......and you are going to love it!....i'm not sitting here crying ....and i spent 200.00 for HOTN pack....lets be patient .
  • Options
    yunjikayunjika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the launcher is still down for me white screen.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    can i play for 5 mins so i can go to sleep...
  • Options
    rykk0nrykk0n Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was here.
  • Options
    kendokkenkendokken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    faustasdm wrote: »
    I was a genius and logged out. And was like "oooooh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, i know where this is going". Still better than Aion EU launch.

I didn't log out. it crashed to desktop and then ouldn't load the launcher :(
    Guess i could clean up the house or do something else productive while I wait.
  • Options
    jdhoodjdhood Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    not true.... i had tried it... it crashed right away
  • Options
    caplvalcaplval Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yunjika wrote: »
    I think the launcher is still down for me white screen.

Same... Used the main exe but can't log in from there either.
  • Options
    hak616hak616 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I did and then game patched and then the white screen of DEATH
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    no you dident lier...
    one positive this does for me atleats is give me more time to nerd around on a few different builds for my DC...patience is a virtue..lets stop crying...remember that for 90% of us this is pretty much going to be a very fun,polished game that you spent absolutely no money on.......and you are going to love it!....i'm not sitting here crying ....and i spent 200.00 for HOTN pack....lets be patient .
  • Options
    tietiebittietiebit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What the HECK happened to the perfect world community!? Now I see mostly a whole lot of spoiled little whining brats! Going around basically saying "YOU FIX NAOW! WE WANT PLAY! YOU FIX NAOW! WE BROKE YOU FIX!" Seriously! GET YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT PEOPLE! god **** x.x the developers are working on it and NO ONE IS BLOCKED! Stop thinking it is some kind of sick and twisted conspiracy to get free to players to pay for the game! The launcher is not working for anyone so knock it off thinking it is you only due to you being "Blocked" I mean come on.. And some of the ones paying for the game should try and get a little bit of attitude adjustment.. Yes you did pay for the game but that does not mean we are supposed to praise the ground you are walking on. God.. Had to get that out of my system X.x

They are working on it. Stop whining like little brats.

"Desperately looking for the like button!"
  • Options
    xrail3xrail3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm in!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT
  • Options
    xindaexindae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As of 10:27 am PST still no launcher? all I get is a blank after it had crashed.
This discussion has been closed.