test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• Options
    solisonsolison Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think all MMOs do this. Its kinda advertising how big your game is gonna be. You can claim 'Servers crashed due to huge load on first day'

MMO: 'Look at all the players we have. We had so many people wanting to play our game our servers couldn't handle it.'

Then it gets out to all the news sites, and ****. They're like 'OMG WORLD OF TARDCRAFT: THE DERPING IS SOOOO POPULAR YOUR *** WILL EXPLODE'

And then they have more people coming to see what all the bangerang is about.
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Message Update off Facebook Neverwinter page 5mins ago

For those asking, the Launcher issues are related to the web hosting of the Launcher page. Some people are still able to login normally, so please keep trying! We're working on redirecting to another page and should have a fix soon.
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    axiamaxiam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    <sigh> 5 million people at one time will crash the system. <sigh>
  • Options
    mortoriusmortorius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    everyone from now and in next 10 min take a break so i can log in peace :)
    No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, and Power is Freedom.
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO Launcher is already fixed again, so obviously...,progress :)
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    darkthorfdarkthorf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    baaen wrote: »
    no need to worry. im still able to craft throught the gateway :)

Same here, the gateway is my friend! Great feature of this game.
  • Options
    fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    11.14 am MST and all I get is a white screen with a 3 sec flash of "Loading Please Wait" then nothing.

Oh well over to STO to get items to use that will be no longer obtainable thru hard work, only by buying after new expansion.

Good luck all, will try to log in this evening. Maybe fixed by then
  • Options
    baaenbaaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    darkthorf wrote: »

happy days :):):)
    if ye cant get it doon ye, get it right up ye!!
  • Options
    timuridstimurids Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Again...another game that can not handle the load at launch.

If I was smarter I could make some money selling launch services to game publishers. Seems none of them can make it work on launch day.
  • Options
    baaenbaaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    darkthorf wrote: »

happy days :):):)
    if ye cant get it doon ye, get it right up ye!!
  • Options
    mygplayermygplayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    timurids wrote: »
    Again...another game that can not handle the load at launch.

If I was smarter I could make some money selling launch services to game publishers. Seems none of them can make it work on launch day.
    If it was so easy to make a game you would be rich, then do not complain, they do not know for sure how much people will log
  • Options
    timuridstimurids Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mygplayer wrote: »
    If it was so easy to make a game you would be rich, then do not complain, they do not know for sure how much people will log

Same story every time from UO's launch to now I been playing and it does not change....
  • Options
    connor0724connor0724 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here guys.....it crashed....lets wait....i hope the fix it soon...
  • Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if there was that many people trying to login i dont think they would server issues as at least 8,497,515,168 of them prolly paid something..... lmfao i like the "Neverwinter Open Beta is now live and available for all players! Are you ready to log in and explore the Forgotten Realms?" yeap we are but we cant i understand the free mmo thing but it wont gonna stop us from having fun pokes.
  • Options
    morri71morri71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm think they cannot handle the load ..champions online loader does not work either.

get the following message:

Web site currently offline we apologize for the temporary inconvenience and we are working to return the service as soon as possible.....
  • Options
    hi11zone777hi11zone777 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mine finally patched, restart the launcher guys!! I'm live www.twitch.tv/hi1zone
  • Options
    royf41royf41 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    HI I wanted to ask if after the beta will finish. you ganna wipe all the chericters?
  • Options
    beaversonfirebeaversonfire Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Uhm, when I click play, nothing happens. Do I need to redownload? :(
  • Options
    bufffybufffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    crashed nice job pwe this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happened shame on you if you r going to do something atleast do it right or not at all
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    Uhm, when I click play, nothing happens. Do I need to redownload? :(

No, no need. Just be patient and let the game load from the launcher.
    royf41 wrote: »
    HI I wanted to ask if after the beta will finish. you ganna wipe all the chericters?

There will be no more character wipes.
  • Options
    teofrostdonteofrostdon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    omg: Прохладно:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    No, no need. Just be patient and let the game load from the launcher.

Well, I click play from the launcher, but then it closes the launcher and nothing pops up.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OMG yes...patching my launcher :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'M IN...character creation...woooot!! :D
  • Options
    weirdlingweirdling Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My launcher seems okay, but then when I hit login...it opens two internet explorer tabs (odd, since google chrome is set as my default browser), both of which give me a 403 error message and nothing more.
  • Options
    bufffybufffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    crashed nice job pwe this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happened shame on you if you r going to do something at least do it right or not at all
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Why isnt it playing for me? :(

I can log in, but when I click play, launcher simply closes and the game doesnt open
  • Options
    quest14quest14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    ''the patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function":mad:
  • Options
    zrek88zrek88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Log out in chrome, and close the browser, open internet explorer and log in there. After this start launcer and log in there and it will work
    weirdling wrote: »
    My launcher seems okay, but then when I hit login...it opens two internet explorer tabs (odd, since google chrome is set as my default browser), both of which give me a 403 error message and nothing more.
  • Options
    s1mmos1mmo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zrek88 wrote: »
    Log out in chrome, and close the browser, open internet explorer and log in there. After this start launcer and log in there and it will work

Not working... I have same issue. Using IE 10
This discussion has been closed.