test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where did you get your name ?

Comments

• Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    My forum name came from Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis, the feathered serpent that actually defeats the last boss after you take his health down, My in game name Oricalium came from the first time I played The Elder Scrolls: Arena, the first of the series i believe.
    I altered the spelling from Orichalcum to Oricalium is it flowed better.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I'm a Rabbi. When I was teaching a history course and was discussing Judea under Roman occupation, a student addressed me as "Rabbinicus Maximus." Occasionally it was elongated with other honorifics, a few times it was "Optimus Magnus Rabbinicus Maximus," but clearly that's far too cumbersome a title so it was usually somewhat shortened... :)

Good name!
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I use to go by the name Phoenix and some other guy had the same name and didn't want to get in pissing match over who made their name first . So I came up with the name FallenHawk because the Phoenix has to fallen to rise up again(I die a lot in games) and it a type of bird so I add hawk to fallen to get FallenHawk.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good name!

Thanks! Creative and inspiring students. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Forum Name - BlueShepherd: Blue representing the profession, Shepherd because my favorite dog is a german shepherd.

Character name- Kal'Daka: Because is means Wolf in Drow... I always played a Drow even before I read about Drizzt and my favorite animal other then my dog is a wolf. So with a little internet and magic *POOF* Kal'Daka the Battle Cleric was born with his spells to summon a **** ton of wolves. I love playing AD&D, 3.0 and now 3.5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • Options
    izulieizulie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Been using the names Izulie and Izuzul ( female and male ) since I first started playing D&D. Not sure why, just like 'em. People just call me Iz, nice and simple.
    My obvious charms and god-like powers always dazzle the simple, ordinary folk.
  • Options
    altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Generally, being a amateur writer, I use the names of my characters in games and such - often with a "fake" surname, when the naming system allows for it.

But in the case of my forum name here, I was semi-sleep deprived when I made my PW account, and not feeling creative at all... So I altered the spelling of Altair just enough so as to make it not-so-obvious that that is what I did. I am a terrible person, I know.
  • Options
    inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Inconsiderate is just a fantastic name. Plus, this way people don't expect much from me. ;)
  • Options
    izulieizulie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Inconsiderate is just a fantastic name. Plus, this way people don't expect much from me. ;)

I think you're my new best friend.
    My obvious charms and god-like powers always dazzle the simple, ordinary folk.
  • Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    izulie wrote: »
    Been using the names Izulie and Izuzul ( female and male ) since I first started playing D&D. Not sure why, just like 'em. People just call me Iz, nice and simple.

Makes me think of Izual from Diablo.... but either way, I like the female version Izulie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I loves me some Steampunk. To the point where I designed the basic outline of a Steampunk MMO and attempted to get a publisher. Nexon was willing if I could bring forth a demo, but the dev-team I was working with wasn't willing to shift gears and the window shut.

Of note, Steampunky is not the name I use elsewhere. It's Steampunkette. But the Cryptic/PW changeover on Champions Online robbed me of my primary moniker.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    faceplantmikefaceplantmike Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get hurt from time to time doing...ummm, things.
  • Options
    digu21digu21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    A friend of mine had the name Tigura and we were playing games so I decided to take upon the name Digura, then I changed the name as I got older to Digu21 and so on and so forth my gamename was to be Digu21.
    15.jpg
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My typical gaming name is Undead however it's common one but it came from playing multiple Warhammer table top sessions with my buds I always played the undead army (GO SCREAMING SKULL CATAPULT!) so when around the time when online gaming was in it's infancy I used Undead, however when making a handle here I have Apo and crs my initials + birth date. I have No idea where Apo came from.... I must have been sleeping when I made my handle but it's given me a new identity I guess. However as you can see I still keep Undead in my signature :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    zorudazoruda Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My true gaming name is Zenok that I use for years, but when I first created the general PW account it became Zoruda. Just a random name I picked for the fun of it.
  • Options
    zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    all of my forum/account names are like zzyat++, which zzy is the initial of my name and then "at" + company name of the service i want to register.

with this method i'v never encounter hard time of register on a website anymore ~~

my character names are highly vary from characteristics of race/class. one of my favorable name for mage-kind-character is DancingLight which comes from the 3e spell.
  • Options
    inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    izulie wrote: »
    I think you're my new best friend.

Boobies. ktnx.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lament was a lich i went against 30 + years ago in a buddies campaign with my paladin Kraes
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My handle, @Sophronisba, is from one of the first women social scientists who lived around the turn of the twentieth century. I wrote a paper about her in college and the name stuck in my head. I've used her name in LotRO (hobbit burglar), City of Heroes (dual-blade scrapper), and The Secret World (Templar). I often wonder what the real Sophronisba would think about her many MMO incarnations. I'm thinking of making her a Dwarf Guardian Fighter in this game, but I might save the name for when the Archer Ranger comes out.
  • Options
    windchipwindchip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Made mine up, really. Thought it sounded decent.
    15do2l0.jpg
  • Options
    darkladyoffiredarkladyoffire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am dark lady of fire because I am actually a demon from the seventh layer of hell who has nothing better to do all day than play mmos. Actually, that's not quite true, it's just because it sounds cool and wasn't taken :P
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fly using finns.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I fly using finns.

But the rate at which you must wave around said "finns" must give them a serious headache, and possibly a concussion.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    aoircaoirc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow random button...

stream - http://www.twitch.tv/b4y4rd Shameless self promotion!
    stream - Shameless self promotion!
  • Options
    thlaylirahthlaylirah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My name comes from the book Watership Down.
    .gif.gif.gif.gif
  • Options
    lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Put simply: Name mutation over years.

Got a game: Named my character "Turel" after the at-the-time missing brother/clan-leader from the Soul Reaver games. My eyes weren't clear that day (Chlorine. Lots of it) and I ended up naming myself "Turei" instead.

The name grew on me. Joined a forum sometime later and merged the names in a way... I became known as Tureil.

Sometime down the road this can branch off into Tureilim and I was feeling cocky as hell and so I gave myself lordship when i arrived here.

Eh? Are you happy now? :P
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
  • Options
    tyrant1944tyrant1944 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was my Diablo 3 Battletag. lol

I took the name "Tyrant" as my "gamer name" about two years ago, when I played CoH:Going Rogue and found Praetoria to be an incredibly interesting place. Obviously my favorite (villain?) hero was Tyrant, the alternate version of Statesman.

My character name is the Latin translation of the word "Tyrant". (derp :D)
    Tyranus@MrHaw - 60 GWF - Dragon
    whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
  • Options
    electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    made up myself, then googled, seemed legit and i took it lol
  • Options
    kemikemoryakemikemorya Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I first started gaming I used the name Cold Fusion. Since that concept is so popular, almost every site has it taken. My backup handle is Tsidkenu, which was oddly also taken! So I have reverted to using the name of my favourite RP character: Kemi Kemorya (in her Neverwinter incarnation, a halfling GWF).

That name originates from the Mac/PC game Escape Velocity Nova from the language of the advanced Polaris race. Some of their fighters are titled "kemi", which according to that game's lore just means a student or initiate. Kemorya is a contracted form of Nil'kemorya, the Polaris warrior caste. It translates as "falling leaf", a warrior philosophy by which the warrior considers themselves already dead, detached from the branch as it were, and falling towards the ground. It is the warrior's choice to determine the ultimate destination and trajectory of their fall. I recently dropped the 'nil' component due to that particular morpheme having an undesirable connotation of nothingness in the English language.

Anyway both words encapsulate my character concept perfectly: Kemi is always an unending student, being a curious little hin, yet determined in combat, unwavering in her loyalty to her allies and friends. Her goal in life is to battle gloriously as she moves toward joining the rest of her Strongheart-halfling ancestors who perished during the tectonic upheavals which destroyed her ancestral homeland after the Spellplague.
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well my GF is named Pendragon after King Arthur, and my CW is named Solomon Grymm. Solomon after King Solomon and Grymm as a variation of The Brothers Grimm (and Grimmwood being my gamehandle)
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU