test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: PvE vs PvP vs Foundry --> Where will you spend your time?

Comments

• fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You got Pve to Pvp .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • kholten2001kholten2001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While leveling, mostly PvE with some PvP for a change of pace or to complete daily special events for Astral Diamonds. At level cap, about an even split. When they introduce PvP foundry content, depending on how it turns out, I can see myself going 80% PvP.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Foundry ofcourse!!!

Where else? Hmm...

Maybe character creation will come a close second.
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This will be the first of two polls on this subject. The first poll is a much less detailed, party-line vote styled poll. The second poll will get into the finer points.

So here we go!

For this poll, lets assume PvE and PvP are done extremely well, from your perspective. How do you see yourself spending the bulk of your time in Neverwinter?

1. 100% PvE

2. 100% PvP

3. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

4. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

5. PvP mostly, dabble in PvE

definitely #4
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For this poll, lets assume PvE and PvP are done extremely well, from your perspective. How do you see yourself spending the bulk of your time in Neverwinter?

1. 100% PvE

2. 100% PvP

3. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

Probably option #1, utilizing both Foundry (creating and playing) and normal game content. Perhaps the 4th option if guildmates/friends drag me into PvP matches.
  • vederiavederia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1. 100% PvE.

I feel that's what this game does best and I've never had much interest in PvP.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    #1 100% PvE

I used to enjoy PvP but not any more, I much prefer the tranqulity of questing and dungeon delving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    #4 at about a 50 : 1 ratio...

for every 50 hours of PvE i will spend 1 minute pvp =p
  • ghoward96ghoward96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You do like to bring this discussion up, don't you, OP?
    Depends on how pvp gear progression goes..... WoW's pvp was a failure imo, even if people did like it, just because I couldn't switch to pvp from pve without having to get killed in every 1v1 I had until full of the best pvp gear..... Which I never got because of boredom....
    If AD are used for both end game pve and end game pvp gear (or if there isn't a pvp stat like resilience at all), then option 3, otherwise option 4.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    opt 1.

I always view D&D games as a well......dungeon game not a pvp game...
  • hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    PvE rarely if ever PvP in this game
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy necro Batman. Guess this one caught on again, as our newcomers will surely want to give input (and it's more then welcomed). We'll let the train roll. Please keep on topic if you respond besides answering the poll. This poll was/is about how you plan to spend your time playing in Neverwinter. Thats all.

Oh, there was no talk of using the Foundry to create PvP maps/content when I created this poll, so if the Foundry is something you'll be spending your time in, tell us how much time you'll be spending ratio-wise and what type of content you'll be creating (PvE or PvP.)

Remember if you voted before you cant vote again, but you can "write in" your anticipated Foundry time commitment :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    This will be the first of two polls on this subject. The first poll is a much less detailed, party-line vote styled poll. The second poll will get into the finer points.

So here we go!

1. 100% PvE

2. 100% PvP

3. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

PvE mostly, dabble in PvP (dabble in PvP until my character is mostly upgraded and puts on beef in his armour and gathers up a tawdry, at least meant to be stoutish shield! *smile from ear to ear*
  • randomdispalynamrandomdispalynam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    1. Its D&D.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ
    If not sure if a thread is posted, try the SEARCH function below:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php
  • eternalpietyeternalpiety Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vote for 1, PvE, not interested in PvP at all
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    PvE for me. I will try PvP, but I'm a PvE person.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    PVP in theory. With the game having no raids, I don't think I could stay interested in running 5 men dungeons for long.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Wow that's a hard one. I normally shun pve except if I need to do it to get gear for pvp; but the pve in this game is really good (I thought when I played beta), and I love the D&D world/lore, so I'll probably be doing all the pve content in this game. I also want to play and make foundry quests so I imagine I'll spend a lot of time with that as well.
  • sirsaico01sirsaico01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1. 100% PvE for me.
  • leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously, a topic with this question helps nothing.

But, well, I'll just say that a PvE only game will hold me with love for some time like Skyrim did and will go to the "good games I played for a few time" list.
  • alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited April 2013
    I would say I'm 90% PvE, 5% PvP and 5% Foundry.

In some games I'll do an occasional instanced pvp battle (warfront, battleground, etc) mainly for the xp or daily rewards once or twice a day. Like a lot of people I prefer grouping and working with people rather than against them.
  • tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to admit, it's a little silly that these MMORPG developers today put together little rooms with a few pillars to hump, come up with a magical stat that sounds both vague and impressive that only reduces damage from other players, and then palette swap end game gear to buy with whatever the PvP resource is only to satisfy a vocal minority of their target audience. All the PvP players will jump into these little rooms, get their gear, and then leave once they realize they aren't the new king of the mountain, off to chirp for PvP in whatever is the next big thing, and all that will be left is one elite team sitting in que and getting in two lopsided games a night, making long winded forum posts on a weekly basis where they list in detail the duration of their PvP tenure, all the way back to Siege Perilous if applicable, the layout of their current five man team, proposing a number of fixes all that ultimately resemble the electronic version of the Judas goat, and finally, with one last desperate gasp, PvP just up and dies.

With all the free MOBAs and MMORPGs with a stronger PvP focus, it's only going to be a matter of time before this scenario again plays itself out here on the Neverwinter forums. The only way Neverwinter could escape this fate is if it establishes itself as the next big thing because that's the only time the fodder really feels like it is worthwhile to slog through the ranks of the game.
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

PVP is okay but you spend as much time dealing with pains in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as you do actually playing. I think I will likely spend most of my time with a small select group of friends and that is it.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    Were do you find the info on pvp? Is there pvp gear and or ranks? I cant seem to find much info at all on pvp.
  • unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I'm forgetting their name, but there is some sort of PvP token/currency which you can spend at certain vendors. I don't believe there are rankings or PvP-specific gear, though.
  • mystbladexmystbladex Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pretty much in it for PvE, thought I did some PvP and took some names as well, was a decent play.

The fountry quests/maps are ok if they are well done, I did a map jump one once and I knew what I was getting into to but it really brought me out of the Neverwinter world and into some lala land that cross between garys mod and minecraft, with some old TFC maps on the surface
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    50% PVE
    40% Gathering resources / crafting / merchanting
    10% PVP

~~~~~~~

Once all gear is gained + have max enchantments = 100% pvp
  • awakakakaawakakaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    #2 100% PvP

I am going to create a thread and a poll regarding more pvp options.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    50% PVE 50% Foundry.

( I do "PvP" on PWE's Blacklight Retribution these days :P )
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
This discussion has been closed.