test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next Class You Want To See After Release

Comments

• geobol14geobol14 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The missing of archer ranger is somethiong realy annoying!please cryptic add this class as soon as possible!!
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most desired classes in order
    Battle Cleric, Warlord, Sorcerer/Warlock, Warmage, Monk, Bard, Paladin, Druid, Ranger

This is mostly off my own desire to play them and to assist with my goal of Foundry desires.

Over all Request

Controller -- Warmage, Druid, Invoker
    Defender -- Battle Cleric, Paladin, Swordmage, Warden
    Leader -- Warlord, Bard, Runepriest
    Striker -- Sorcerer or Warlock, Monk, Ranger

Overall I would love to see 3-4 classes per each roll.
  • njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited April 2013
    I'd love to see Avenger added, its my favorite class in the tabletop.
  • llylasanders2llylasanders2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ranger defo...need a class with a bow. It's always been my preferred weapon.
    Wherever you go...there you are.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ironman.

Wait what?
  • cybrus4cybrus4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Arcane Archer please.
  • asboeasboe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After release ??? Answer me this question first. Drizzit exists in this world and he is a ranger/fighter now look at that again RANGER/fighter
    not fighter ranger remember.... so how exactly do you make a game with DROW ELVES in it , whos racial weapon is the pistol crossbow, with no bloody RANGER,s in it in the first place?
    That makes as much sense as saying all Dwarf,s MUST be caster,s or Humans cant be clerics.
    Give us RANGERS on release if not before !!!
    the rumor is warlocks so 2 casters and no ranged ?? again total nonsense
    AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MONKS!!!! THEY DO NOT EXIST IN D+D 1-2-3 (we maybe past version 3 by now also!)or forgotten realms!!!!!
  • cruegarcruegar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Elvish BladeSinger with a MoonBlade! I'm very old school, to be bringing up 2nd edition Forgotten Realms prestige classes lol. BTW that would be a swordmage with a Elvish racial restriction.
    Minsc the ranger and his Space hamster Boo, most famous quotes:
    "Go for the eyes Boo!!! Go for the eyes !!"
    "Make way Evil ! I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!"
    "A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"
    "When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent!"
    " I need aid soon, lest my hamster become an orphan."
  • cruegarcruegar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Monks were in 1st edition AD&D. They have been in the game since the beginning.
    Minsc the ranger and his Space hamster Boo, most famous quotes:
    "Go for the eyes Boo!!! Go for the eyes !!"
    "Make way Evil ! I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!"
    "A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"
    "When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent!"
    " I need aid soon, lest my hamster become an orphan."
  • kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Personally Paladin, but Id settle for any additional defender 1st and leader 2nd. IMHO this game is going to need more defenders and leaders very soon, especially considering that 2 more strikers are coming next and the huge population preference for that role.

I predict long queues and many "LFM NEED TANK&HEALER!" spams in chat.
  • almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    Personally Paladin, but Id settle for any additional defender 1st and leader 2nd. IMHO this game is going to need more defenders and leaders very soon, especially considering that 2 more strikers are coming next and the huge population preference for that role.

I predict long queues and many "LFM NEED TANK&HEALER!" spams in chat.
    Indeed, many poeple like paladin, and if they carry the general theme from 3.5, then it could also be a secondary healer. Not sure how paladins been revised for 4e, but i know playing a paladin in NWN and PnP was always useful
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A good healer
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After what I am hearing about the GWF, then a true two handed damage dealer must surely be on the cards now... BARBARIAN!
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Warden, Paladin, Ranger, Monk.

Paladins can't be healers, they're Defender typed with self heals and hp bubbles.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want see a Nuke mage class(don't if it in game now or what you call one) and a Necromancer type of class. Oh and class that Aoe from range.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • nachtwind81nachtwind81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ranger, Ranger aaaand RANGER!
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont care so much about the classes per so as the introduction of fun interesting mechanics...just getting another class with different names and skins that is basically the same as there allready is, will be quiet boring
  • vulupvulup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stoermc wrote: »
    Ranger, Druid, Bard, then Hexblade :p

I really hope they give us the Ranger first, and fast, before moving on to other, more exotic classes, like Bards, or even Avengers, at some point (my personal favorite).

But the basics first, so a Ranger /w a bow.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Base Class: By far Bard, Ranger and Druid in that order.

Paragon Class: Arcane Archer, Arcane Trickster, Mystic Theurge and Shadowbane Stalker

Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • iamzelpexiamzelpex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Warlock please :)
  • sirnamedsirnamed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Battle Cleric would be an intelligent choice for the Devs to add if they've been following the criticism of D.Cleric (how it's "not a real Cleric").
    I'd much rather the Battle Cleric bring more buffs (and debuffs) than pithy heals.
    Ranger (Ranged) is also much desired and fits nicely in the game model; extra striker and addition of ranged class.
    Druid or Warlock, rather than War Wizard (simply because they are more different in flavour, so more apparent diversity)
    And finally a second Defender, since GWF is so lack-lustre. Perhaps Paladin or Swordmage.

I'd love a Barbarian but i'm not holding my breath. Too much like the GWF :(

I'm certain a lot of players would appreciate the Bard.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    First choice would be Scourge Warlock. (For my Menzo Renegade)

Second would be Paladin. (The only class i would make human)

Third would be Dual-wield Ranger (any dual-wield class would do though).

Although that is my order of preference any of those three would do.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • valorofonevalorofone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Githzerai though I would settle for Kensai.
    Sympathy - That trickster that always kills you in PVP
  • daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    1st -> see signature. Warlock as a Striker with debuffs
    2st -> druid, this game needs a a Leader type class with buffs/debuffs.
    3st -> Ranger with bows, a physical ranged type is required
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1st -> see signature. Warlock as a Striker with debuffs
    2st -> druid, this game needs a a Leader type class with buffs/debuffs.
    3st -> Ranger with bows, a physical ranged type is required

Druid is a controller in 4e.
  • aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hrmn, If the next class isn't some type of Ranger class they are doing it wrong. The current system seems to follow a 2 of each major 'class' type, 2 mage, 2 warrior, 2 rogue. I'll be honest, I don't know a thing about DnD classes or DnD in general, I do know a good chunk about games. The next class will more than likely be a ranger, following that? I don't know, probably another 1 of each type. A new Mage, new Warrior, new Rogue. I'd like to see some type of summoner class for the mage, possibly a dual weapon warrior, and maybe a rogue class that specializes in debuffing enemies.
  • smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    I think the next class will have to be a Ranger. Each of the kits has a skill held by one of the classes save Nature. I expect a Ranger, which fits that niche well, will be next. Here's hoping he wields a wickedly long ranged bow.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . .Druid. I love druids. I rarely got to play them in PnP, as I generally went with a mage or ranger. I loved my Druid in NWN2 and would love to experience an mmo adaptation of 4e's Druid.

. . . . .Next, I'd like to see Paladins, Bards and Rangers. Other than that, I really would just like to see more Wizard builds, like the War Wizard along with more Paragon Paths, like the Simbarch of Aglorond.
  • valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Monks, Druids, and Bards are at the top of my list. And a battle cleric. I do like the cleric we have now, but I really would like a melee-based healer. (I'm not familiar with the 4E rules -- is Turn Undead really not a thing anymore? That makes me sad. It's my favorite power in DDO.)
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ranger (even though I'd be least inclined to play one), Bard, Druid, Paladin, Monk, Psionicist.