test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next Class You Want To See After Release

Comments

• Options
    natural20snatural20s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited March 2013
    Warlock.. Something Necromancery..
    mkemtf.jpg
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd love to see the Sorcerer. I think most likely we're going to see the Ranger, Warlock, Druid, and Paladin next, though. Battle Cleric isn't too far behind, either.
  • Options
    hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    Ranger, Druid and Warlock
  • Options
    ianwagnerianwagner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Battle Cleric as that seems the closest I will get to my PnP fighter/cleric, and Swordmage as that is as close as I will get to my PnP fighter/MU :cool:
  • Options
    lild24xlild24x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope if they put a warlock in the game their weapon would be a spellbook or staff
  • Options
    toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lild24x wrote: »
    I hope if they put a warlock in the game their weapon would be a spellbook or staff
    Tomes and staves are wizard implements. Judging by the Siege of Neverwinter video, warlocks will be using pact blades for their implements.
  • Options
    wolfspectrewolfspectre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Druid please
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Melee Cleric (sword and board)
    Paladin Tank (sword and board)
    Ranger Archery
    Sorcerer Nuker
    Paladin DPS great sword user.
    Ranger Dual wield
    Druid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    kieshenkieshen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Class-TWF Ranger
    Race-Saurial ;D
    Can you say Dragonbait (Paly FTW)
  • Options
    liionglorryliionglorry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The one that can Rez.
  • Options
    jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Wizard wielding powerful single target death magic, still that debuffs enemies and heals himself. With power to raise undead minions, skeletins, liches, and so on.
    Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
  • Options
    mightybeermightybeer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paladin, Ranger, Druid and Barbarian ar classic. They need put it in this game.
    Brasilian Guild - Join Raidcall group n. 5905641.
  • Options
    walentinowalentino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Monk :)
    Warlock :)
  • Options
    corloc1corloc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranged Rogue - Maybe untraditionel swordtrower or just traditionel Marksman (sniper like, high ST dps)
    Druid like Class - Maybe as a support class with a bond with nature to cure and help in battle or just the shere force of nature to smite the anemies

---Fighter Mage--- #1
    I loved the mix of melee combat and magic in the old games, maybe a light weapon fighter that whelds the power of defensive magic :)
  • Options
    jasbinsjasbins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited March 2013
    paladin, druid, monk(cheap char), barbarian, two-weapons fighting ranger, archer ranger
    15.jpg

Jasbinschek D' Forc - GWF lvl 60 8.5K GS (for now)
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like too see warlords, monks, and a melee cleric. I think a range rogue or ranger will be the next class.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    as we are fairly sure it will be Warlock and Ranger after launch, after these two I'd like to see Paladin or a Templar cleric.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    rufusscipio23rufusscipio23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Scourge warlock, Archer Ranger, Assaulting Swordmage, Avenging Paladin, Tempest Ranger. In that order.
  • Options
    jackal242jackal242 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Monk!!!! In Neverwinter Nights I used to play a dwarven Monk and I loved it.
  • Options
    emal83emal83 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Definitely Warlock
    skitch.png
  • Options
    percyxenospercyxenos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Swordmage - Ranger Two-blade and Archer
  • Options
    khulodiumkhulodium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am pretty sure Two-weapon ranger will be in. How else can the people with the Founder's pack make their Drizzt clones complete? :)

Seriously though, I want a wizard that throws fireballs, or a melee fighting cleric that's not about healing. Paladin is fine too in that category. Any divine melee fighter will do for me. I'm not a man of many needs. ^^
  • Options
    toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    khulodium wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Two-weapon ranger will be in. How else can the people with the Founder's pack make their Drizzt clones complete?
    It's kind of funny people say this. Reading through the Neverwinter Saga, it seemed that Drizzt used his bow as much as, if not more than, his scimitars. The synergy between his bow and Dahlia's staff may have played a part of that a few times, though.
  • Options
    aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to see a druid class here.
  • Options
    surixurientsurixurient Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    definately a bard
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    bones965bones965 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's kind of funny people say this. Reading through the Neverwinter Saga, it seemed that Drizzt used his bow as much as, if not more than, his scimitars. The synergy between his bow and Dahlia's staff may have played a part of that a few times, though.

Didn't read the Neverwinter Saga yet but in the rest of the books, he most definitely relies on his scimitars more than the bow. And he relied on his scimitars in most, if not all, of his major fights.
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *chants* Druid, druid, druid ....
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    samnich7samnich7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ranger and then Druid
  • Options
    blackthorn9999blackthorn9999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello All,

On a related topic but not directly answering the question of this post "What classes would you ask for or would like to see", I am more interested in what we will actually see in the game in the near future. So after reading through the post, and many other posts here and other sources of information on other websites I came across this article in the nwowiki.co as linked below::

http://nwowiki.co/index.php?title=Classes

Which basically defines what a class is and lists many specifics. It goes on to list the available classes in the game along with the two additional classes discovered via datamining in the beta client and I quote:
    At launch five Classes will be available in Neverwinter:
    Control Wizard
    Devoted Cleric
    Great Weapon Fighter
    Guardian Fighter
    Trickster Rogue

Additionally, two additional Classes have been discovered in data from the closed beta client and will most likely be available sometime after launch:
    Archer Ranger
    Scourge Warlock

But what was most interesting to me was the chart that follows which lists all the available classes/builds and their roles in the Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Material, INCLUDING the source of each class/build.

Using this chart as a reference point, because I am not a hardcore D&D fan (But I do love the lore),and do not know much about the 4th edition, I checked up the source of all the builds available in the game now including the suspected additions of the Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock.

I found two patterns (or even three) that, if they continue along those lines, allow for an easy prediction of what future class/builds we may see in the near future of Neverwinter.

Here are the two patterns (and possible third pattern):
    1. All the classes in the game and the ones suspected to be added soon are from the original Players Handbook including the Scourge Warlock and the Archer Ranger, which reportedly already have hidden assets in the beta clients.
    2. The fighter class has two of its builds in the game, Great Weapon Fighter & Guardian Fighter, both of which are also from the original Players Handbook.
    (3.) The possible third pattern or observation is that there is more then one build per class assuming that the Fighter class and its TWO builds already included indicates that all classes added will have atleast two builds in the game.

If you take all of the following patterns including the 3rd and final one as patterns to follow and that will continue to pan out then the following classes may be added in the game or are already in the game (including all classes for sake of completion)::::

Controller role - Wizard: Control Wizard & War Wizard
    Defender role - Fighter: Guardian Fighter & Great Weapon Fighter
    Defender role - Paladin: Avenging Paladin & Protecting Paladin
    Leader role - Cleric: Devoted Cleric & Battle Cleric
    Leader role - Warlord: Inspiring Warlord & Tactical Warlord
    Striker role - Ranger: Archer Ranger & Two-Blade Ranger
    Striker role - Rogue: Trickster Rogue & Brawny Rogue
    Strike role - Warlock: Scourge Warlock & Deceptive Warlock

And that is the complete list of all Classes and the builds in the first Players Handbook of the 4th Edition ruleset as per the wiki (which I am hoping is accurate)

Now if you examine the list you will notice that there are two leader & defender roles each and three striker roles which looks about right as DPS classes almost always outnumber healer / tank classes in a MMO. So considering this point, the most likely class/build to be added from the Second Players Handbook which seems like the next likely sourcebook for more classes would be another controller role:::

Controller role - Druid: Predator Druid & Guardian Druid

The other Controller role in the 2nd handbook is the Invoker and I believe the devs would add a Druid before an Invoker as it is much more of a classic D&D Class.

After that, I believe they would continue to pick Class/builds from the 2nd players handbook and add atleast 1 more of each role missing (Defender, Leader & Striker) which would probably look like this:::

Defender role - Warden: Earth Warden & Wild Warden
    Leader role - Bard: Cunning Bard & Valorous Bard
    Striker role - Barbarian or Sorceror: Rageblood Barbarian & Thaneborn Barbarian OR Chaos Sorceror & Dragon Sorceror

And now for my final loose prediction list including all my assumptions (based loosely on logic) in an aproximate order of appearance in game:::

Controller role - Wizard: Control Wizard & War Wizard - Players Handbook
    Defender role - Fighter: Guardian Fighter & Great Weapon Fighter - Players Handbook
    Leader role - Cleric: Devoted Cleric & Battle Cleric - Players Handbook
    Striker role - Rogue: Trickster Rogue & Brawny Rogue - Players Handbook
    Striker role - Ranger: Archer Ranger & Two-Blade Ranger - Players Handbook
    Striker role - Warlock: Scourge Warlock & Deceptive Warlock - Players Handbook
    Defender role - Paladin: Avenging Paladin & Protecting Paladin - Players Handbook
    Leader role - Warlord: Inspiring Warlord & Tactical Warlord - Players Handbook

Leader role - Bard: Cunning Bard & Valorous Bard - Players Handbook 2
    Controller role - Druid: Predator Druid & Guardian Druid - Players Handbook 2
    Defender role - Warden: Earth Warden & Wild Warden - Players Handbook 2
    Striker role - Barbarian: Rageblood Barbarian & Thaneborn Barbarian - Players Handbook 2
    Striker role - Sorceror: Chaos Sorceror & Dragon Sorceror - Players Handbook 2

This is a rough idea of how I think they will go about adding classes to the game and in what approximate order based on my observations. Now, I do not expect them to be able to add all the classes I have listed but would be EXTREMELY pleasantly surprised if they proved me wrong.

The problem I see with the patterns is them adding two builds per class as evidenced by the Fighter class with two builds alreadyin game. If this were my game I would have done it differently and I hope they will reconsider. I would have added one build of each class and tried to include most of the basic classes with their most iconic build of the class in the game and after I had added the most common and beloved classes of classic D&D only then would I begin adding alternate builds. My class list would be something like this in my ideal world:::

Defender role - Fighter: Guardian Fighter
    Leader role - Cleric: Devoted Cleric (And although I would prefer a melee based cleric AKA Battle Cleric I think it would be too similiar to a Paladin)
    Controller role - Wizard: Control Wizard
    Striker role - Rogue: Trickster Rogue
    Striker role - Ranger: Archer Ranger
    Defender role - Paladin: Protecting Paladin
    Leader role - Bard: Valorous Bard
    Controller role - Druid: Guardian Druid
    Striker role - Warlock: Scourge Warlock
    Striker role - Barbarian: ???
    Defender role - Warden: Life or Wild
    Leader role - Warlord: Inspiring Warlord
    Controller role - Invoker: ???

Etc, Etc...

Sorry for the long post but its food for thought and fun to speculate on. Cannot wait to play and I hope they add alot of classes or at the very least, the most common ones that are missing such as Paladin, Druid, Bard, Monk, Ranger, Barbarian, Sorceror etc...

See you all in game!

Edited to correct typos!