test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta begins April 30, 2013!

Comments

• Options
    emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    mogwai wrote: »
    The only thing i'm not clear on is whether we'll need another key to access BW4..?

It looks as if one will not be needed but there's a suspicious looking segment...
    "- If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!"
    can could mean able to if your lucky.

I think we'll need another key.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The only thing i'm not clear on is whether we'll need another key to access BW4..?

It looks as if one will not be needed but there's a suspicious looking segment...
    "- If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!"

"can" in this context would mean that you "can" if you are a Founder and played in Beta weekend 3 since "BW4 is actually an exclusive for Founders."
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    polymaticpolymatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nerd everywhere rejoice and spin about in their computer chairs!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Please, tell us what you really think. No, really, don't hold back. LOL
    We will wipe right after Beta Weekend Four, then there will no more character wipes after.

Thank you. I always figured this is how it will work (common sense, really) - thank you for clarifying it in red ink, though. Much appreciate all of your hard work along with the rest of your teams.
  • Options
    arodatobasarodatobas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you very much ! just bought my HON PACK !!!
  • Options
    albelleenoxalbelleenox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    arodatobas wrote: »
    It will have an reset on the open beta? or we will keep our chars on release?
    dude if you read all the post, it says there will be NO character clean outs.

Hero of the North Founder's Pack: Five-day early access - play on April 25th!
    Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: Three-day early access - play on April 27th.

(((++Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.++)))
  • Options
    leocrest24leocrest24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweet!!!!!
    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a sheep."
  • Options
    unclegrimmunclegrimm Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    excellent news
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "So Excite!!!" (Borat Voice!)
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013

Sorry for that confusion. I updated our blog to say if you are a Neverwinter Founder and played Beta Weekend Three, you can continue that character during Beta Weekend Four.

If you are a Founder, you will not need a key. Founders can just log in on Friday, April 12th, and enjoy Neverwinter for another weekend!
  • Options
    beowulf1961beowulf1961 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    Fantastic news.
  • Options
    arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OK, this should clear some of the confusion...taken from the announcement page:

But before then, we will have an additional Beta Weekend Four, from April 12-14, to polish and test features which will be available during Open Beta. Here is just some of what players will experience during the next Beta Weekend:

- First opportunity to experience Neverwinter's Profession System
    - Explore one or all four different types of professions: Leadership, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, and Leatherworking.
    - Play through 50 levels of content, including improvements based on feedback from Beta Weekend Three.
    - If you played in Beta Weekend Three and are a Neverwinter Founder, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!

How can players enter Beta Weekend Four? Players who purchased Hero of the North Founder's Pack, or redeemed a new Friend key from this pack, or purchased a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack will be the first to experience brand-new content. This is an added thank you to committed Founders who have helped make Neverwinter possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Exactly. At least there is clarification in the update to the post. So basically to reiterate - ONLY Founders and those lucky enough to redeem an unused Friend key play that weekend . . . :)
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So...the game launches on April 30th but for now it's being called open beta as is fashionable these days with games like War Thunder, etc.

Does this mean every time someone has a legitimate complaint about something it will be shrugged off with the defense that "Well it's a beta"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Get hyyyyyyyypppppeeee!!!

Dark Arisen comes out early that week too. I'll be busy action-RPGing it up that week. Man, I'm really bleepin excited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ldillirhldillirh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OOOOOOOOOOOOH I just read this on the site! OOOOOOOOOOOOOH GOODIE! OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

:cool:
  • Options
    ldillirhldillirh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A question about something which I cant seem to find right away, will ALL of the founders perks be available in the open beta? (companions, special race, mounts...)
  • Options
    asumah1asumah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    I suppose it is too late to overhaul the combat system now? :(

It is far too slow and clunky for an ARPG.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ldillirh wrote: »
    A question about something which I cant seem to find right away, will ALL of the founders perks be available in the open beta? (companions, special race, mounts...)

Everything will be available on April 25th, per the Twitter feed.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Everything will be available on April 25th, per the Twitter feed.

Awesome! thanks, I don't do da twitter so I didn't know :p
  • Options
    niftytim8niftytim8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    awesome! I was hoping to get into closed beta but didn't but only a few more weeks until closed beta good deal!
  • Options
    darkknight2015darkknight2015 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    leematonleematon Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2013
    This is wonderful news. Really looking forward now. And my decision to purchase the Guardian of Neverwinter pack has reaped its rewards - I'm free on 27th-29th April before I'm back at work on the 30th for a whole week! :D
  • Options
    sanshibbiksanshibbik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excitement building!
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is awesome news. (more than I had hoped for)
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!

I've got a fever.... a fever for more Neverwinter....
  • Options
    sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At what time does Headstart begin? Midnight? 3PM PST like beta weekends? Do tell us! :)
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to an AMAZING Launch! Great work CRYPTIC and Team.
  • Options
    masticonusmasticonus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm unclear if the open beta will include Foundry access. Considering this is the main draw for the majority of the populace I'd expect it to be included but it hasn't been in all of the past beta weekends. Will the foundry be ready to go as well by April 25th?
  • Options
    drihndrihn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait to play this game!!!!!