test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta begins April 30, 2013!

Comments

• Options
    baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    while open beta starts April 30th im sure a few "bugs" will crop upbut that is what cryptic wants- so they can identify, fix, & cleanse the bugs out of the works. In the meantime i say we all give cryptic staff a big round of applause for all the hard dedicated work already done and still beig done on Neverwinter. ( bows)
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • Options
    vomkvomk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Really looking forward to it! Anyone know where I can get a betakey for CBW4? My brother really wants one, if you do please PM me and tell me where, or if someone got one over, would really appreciate it. Thank you!
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vomk wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it! Anyone know where I can get a betakey for CBW4? My brother really wants one, if you do please PM me and tell me where, or if someone got one over, would really appreciate it. Thank you!

How can players enter Beta Weekend Four? Players who purchased Hero of the North Founder's Pack, or redeemed a new Friend key from this pack, or purchased a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack will be the first to experience brand-new content. This is an added thank you to committed Founders who have helped make Neverwinter possible
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well I bought the guardian pack and I dont want to buy hero of the north pack just for a beta key. I know there were sites you could register on to get a betakey, just wondering if thats still possible, or if someone that has one over and dont have a need for it. :)
  • Options
    sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guardian is a founder pack, it will grant you access to beta 4 and the 3 day head start.
  • Options
    bearomgabearomga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can not wait
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have lived for this moment.

my-body-is-ready.png
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    triedgeweapontriedgeweapon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cant wait for open beta it has been so long since Atari was talking about this.
  • Options
    terraflare99terraflare99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Counting down to the last hours well done perfect world and cryptic
  • Options
    liquidprimusliquidprimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't seen this asked yet so here goes.

For Guardians will our Early Access start on Midnight or during business hours?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I know that guardian pack also gets into the closed beta weekend, but I need a extra key for my brother, if anyone knows a place or have one over. :)
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited April 2013
    will the early access be only for founders or will a select group of others also be picked that couldn't afford to shell out a couple hundred bucks for the founder packs? after all not all of us are made of money that we can just afford to just toss at a game like water on a fire.
  • Options
    jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    azurie1 wrote: »
    will the early access be only for founders or will a select group of others also be picked that couldn't afford to shell out a couple hundred bucks for the founder packs? after all not all of us are made of money that we can just afford to just toss at a game like water on a fire.

LOL...and that is why you will not get early access. The early access is a reward for those who supported the devs financially through purchasing founders packs.

They tossed out the money, they get early access. Sounds fair to me. For the amount of money they forked over, I'd say it is the least they could do...
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    jimieus wrote: »
    LOL...and that is why you will not get early access. The early access is a reward for those who supported the devs financially through purchasing founders packs.

They tossed out the money, they get early access. Sounds fair to me. For the amount of money they forked over, I'd say it is the least they could do...

Yeah...its only a couple days anyways. Not sure why some are so irked by it. We'll all be playing soon enough.
  • Options
    z3r0ezz3r0ez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heck, I wont even be in the country to play for my early access. Ill be starting after everyone in May.
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited April 2013
    z3r0ez wrote: »
    Heck, I wont even be in the country to play for my early access. Ill be starting after everyone in May.

you mean they don't have internet in the country you will be going to? wow.. internet cafe.. lolz find one.. quick, look them up in the city/town/villa/place your going before you leave.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

itsneo wrote: »
    you mean they don't have internet in the country you will be going to? wow.. internet cafe.. lolz find one.. quick, look them up in the city/town/villa/place your going before you leave.

My wife will kill me if I tried to game while on the beach in Jamaica. Come to think of it though they do have wifi up in the reception area. Guess I could sneak off in the middle of the night for an hour or three
  • Options
    troutnabouttroutnabout Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    z3r0ez wrote: »
    My wife will kill me if I tried to game while on the beach in Jamaica. Come to think of it though they do have wifi up in the reception area. Guess I could sneak off in the middle of the night for an hour or three
    start an argument with her, always works for me :)
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for that confusion. I updated our blog to say if you are a Neverwinter Founder and played Beta Weekend Three, you can continue that character during Beta Weekend Four.

If you are a Founder, you will not need a key. Founders can just log in on Friday, April 12th, and enjoy Neverwinter for another weekend!

Sorry it's still just not clear, I played BW3 but am not a founder. This leads to two questions.
    1) To qualify for BW4 is it then anyone who played during BW3?
    2) If #1 is yes, will a new key be needed for non-founders?

-preemptive reply to next reply: Coulda just said cash shoppers & their friends. Also why only use the people who created the content to test it? that's not a test.
    You guys have always had difficulty explaining stuff. I'm moving within the next 6 months & I'm torn between FL & CA, maybe with the proper job offer I'd be persuaded to come out your way.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    winstoncola1winstoncola1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    IT STARTS ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! I couldnt get better present ^^
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mogwai wrote: »
    Sorry it's still just not clear, I played BW3 but am not a founder. This leads to two questions.
    1) To qualify for BW4 is it then anyone who played during BW3?
    2) If #1 is yes, will a new key be needed for non-founders?

-preemptive reply to next reply: Coulda just said cash shoppers & their friends. Also why only use the people who created the content to test it? that's not a test.
    You guys have always had difficulty explaining stuff. I'm moving within the next 6 months & I'm torn between FL & CA, maybe with the proper job offer I'd be persuaded to come out your way.
    1)No. /10char
  • Options
    tyrant1944tyrant1944 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Woo. Thanks for the info, eagerly awaiting it!
    Tyranus@MrHaw - 60 GWF - Dragon
    whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
  • Options
    jesemosjesemos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I advise everyone to patch Neverwinter now, the patch is around 1.9GB.
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Or 4GB if you want whole thing.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    flumboozezflumboozez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I"m excited! I've played one beta weekend so far and I'm really looking forward to cover some serious content with my guild. It's going to be amazing. Can't wait for the Foundry's creations either.
  • Options
    killtheorykilltheory Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i was in beta 3 weekend will i be able to play this weekend? if no is there any website for beta #4 key
  • Options
    xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    killtheory wrote: »
    i was in beta 3 weekend will i be able to play this weekend? if no is there any website for beta #4 key
    Unless you have purchased one of the founder's pack which give you access, I'm afraid you won't be able to log in for this weekend. There are no sites that I'm aware of that are giving away keys.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    only other way to play is recieve a bw4 friend key from someone owning one of the founder packs or hero of NW packs.
    Happy gaming to all & look forward to seeing some of you in game soon.
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • Options
    manfrome15manfrome15 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will we get a free respec token to try out the new leveling mechanics on our already established higher level characters to get a better feel for the system?
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excited is an understatement. I need some open beta and I need it now!