test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta begins April 30, 2013!

Comments

• Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yup, patched last night for like half a gig. I wouldn't wait til the day of, just patch periodically.
  • Options
    dusty345dusty345 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is there a wipe?
  • Options
    mu1dermu1der Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    I just wanna play!!!?!?!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dusty345 wrote: »
    is there a wipe?

As I recall, they said there would not be a wipe. Open Beta is effectively launch.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    avutharavuthar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Keen for 25th
    The charismatic comedy chap
    Who will roleplay off ya hat
    With a zip and a zap
    Quick kid you're only level one
    Kill the last rat!
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    As I recall, they said there would not be a wipe. Open Beta is effectively launch.

no wipe doesn't mean it's effectively launch lol
    Ok you won't lose your characters but devs will patch many times and will bring many new updates until official launch starts
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Question?

I recieved an email this morning, and it does not say anything about open beta. Is this an open beta? or is the game now live? Because my email is saying as a founder and Hero of the North you get a 5 day head start. to me that is not beta, this means live.

Can someone from the developers explain this in more detail please. I want to know because I do not want to use AD and then when the game does go live, get told sorry you already used yours.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    Ok you won't lose your characters but devs will patch many times and will bring many new updates until official launch starts

So no more patches and content when the game "launches" then???

Why just not call the 25-30th launch?? is it possibly because the game is not in a launch state but PWE wants your money now???
  • Options
    arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, so after the last beta week end all characters have been wiped, once the game goes live (Open Beta) there will be no further wipes. The game will be open for everyone to play on April 30th (unless you have purchased one of the founder packs).

There will be patches as all MMO's/game developers do patch (event after an official release, true story) and hopefully more content will be added (which is more than likely but nothing official).

see first page of this thread for details (dates, confirmation of no wipes after April 20th, etc)
    ===

Neverwinter will enter Open Beta on April 30, 2013!

Our upcoming free-to-play action MMORPG will be fully open to the public on April 30, 2013. Millions of brave adventurers will soon be able to defend the city of Neverwinter against Valindra Shadowmantle and hordes of other creatures who threaten the Forgotten Realms.

How would you like to play before anyone else? Neverwinter Founders will have exclusive early access to the game before the general public. Get a head start and lead the charge!

Hero of the North Founder's Pack: Five-day early access - play on April 25th!
    Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: Three-day early access - play on April 27th.

Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.

Learn more about Open Beta and Beta Weekend Four here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Are you excited for Neverwinter Open Beta? Let us know by leaving a comment!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »

"Open Beta" is also probably to reserve the right to drop the server for whatever reason to update or fix or just test something with a higher steadier population, or do rollbacks.
    darksx wrote: »
    Question?

I recieved an email this morning, and it does not say anything about open beta. Is this an open beta? or is the game now live? Because my email is saying as a founder and Hero of the North you get a 5 day head start. to me that is not beta, this means live.

Can someone from the developers explain this in more detail please. I want to know because I do not want to use AD and then when the game does go live, get told sorry you already used yours.

You get a 5 day headstart into open beta. Since open beta will transition into live without a wipe, anyone in open beta would technically get a head start. This is probably a way to give the founders an extra head start since they paid moneys.
  • Options
    shadeyamiirashadeyamiira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm realy looking forward to be playing Neverwinter Online.
    Realy nice work!
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4,10GHz
    MB: P8Z77-V LX
    Memory: Crucial DDR3 BalistIX 1600MHz 8GB
    GC: ATI HD7870 2GB
    Tower: Fractal Design R4
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    When will you be able to play Neverwinter's Open Beta?

New details here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=867801
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    Question?

I am no Dev, but I have seen this answered elsewhere a few times. Starting on the 25th is our 5 day head start. Anything we do after then is permanent right into launch. So spend carefully once the servers go live on the 25th.

Everyone else starts on the 30th, and what they do is permanent after that point as well.
  • Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    I am no Dev, but I have seen this answered elsewhere a few times. Starting on the 25th is our 5 day head start. Anything we do after then is permanent right into launch. So spend carefully once the servers go live on the 25th.

Everyone else starts on the 30th, and what they do is permanent after that point as well.

Yes I'm inclined not to spend ANYTHING until it's no longer open beta. Who knows what might change and anything you spent might not be as valuable after they make changes.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    6 days WOOT!
  • Options
    finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    O.o I have finals at the exact time the game goes live ........ *Fails*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sidakashksidakashk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok I understand the issue with all the folks that purchased a package deal but why say this is a F2P game? When your giving all the BUYERS first dibs at the game, it sounds like they're more important cause they are spending money and testers of the CB's don't count for do do. We all deserve to start at the same times and dates given to BUYERS, IF this is truely a F2P game, us CBers did our jobs and WE did them well.

just my opinion
    thanks for the oppourtunity to be in your testing phase and waiting patiently for my turn :(
  • Options
    ssjrrssjrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sidakashk wrote: »
    ok I understand the issue with all the folks that purchased a package deal but why say this is a F2P game? When your giving all the BUYERS first dibs at the game, it sounds like they're more important cause they are spending money and testers of the CB's don't count for do do. We all deserve to start at the same times and dates given to BUYERS, IF this is truely a F2P game, us CBers did our jobs and WE did them well.

How does anything you've said have anything to do with this game being Free-to-Play? Since when did Free-to-Play state that all players start the game at the same time?

People paid a ton of money to support this game early on and are getting, basically, a Cash Shop-type reward which is a 5 or 3 day headstart. The game is still Free-to-Play.

We all DO NOT deserve to start the game at the same time. This is a Free-to-Play game and some people purchased the right to play the game earlier than others. It works with the cash system developed by Free-to-Play games.

It's the same with people who pay 100 bucks on the Cash Shop for cool items. The word "fair" doesn't even apply here. Some people have the money, some don't. That's it.
  • Options
    nemesiswarlocknemesiswarlock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping that we will be able to play the Mezoberranzan Renegade on the 25th.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping that we will be able to play the Mezoberranzan Renegade on the 25th.

I heard on the forums a few times that the drow was going to be released month or two after release, but I'm not sure if that includes the costume-different version of it.

I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Cant wait ,cant wait,CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
  • Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    ssjrr wrote: »
    I heard on the forums a few times that the drow was going to be released month or two after release, but I'm not sure if that includes the costume-different version of it.

I could be wrong though.

The Menzobenzaren Renegade is supposed to be available on the 25th.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The Menzobenzaren Renegade is supposed to be available on the 25th.

Do we have a source for this?
  • Options
    colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do we have a source for this?

there's countless posts about it. that's why the regular drow is going to be out in 60 days. so the HotN people get it exclusive for 2 months.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sidakashk wrote: »

just my opinion
    thanks for the oppourtunity to be in your testing phase and waiting patiently for my turn :(

Uhm . . . we're just getting a few days' head start as a thank you perk from the Devs for helping to keep the game free for everyone else. It's only 5 days . . . VERY hardly worth even considering whether the game is free or not. The game IS free to play . . . for everyone, regardless of any extras they bought.

And if you are referring to the closed beta, that's not even comparable. It matters not what game you play . . . closed is closed . . . invite only to whomever the Devs want to try it out . . . you will never find a closed beta with an open registration, or it would not be closed. Actually none of the games I have played to date have ever started with an open beta. They always invited a lucky few to start the testing, THEN as they were SURE the servers were stable and everything was starting to form up into a playable game, THEN they opened it to the public for the final beta, the open beta, for everyone to start checking out the progress.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I could be wrong though.

The Drow for the free players is delayed, yes. However the Renegade is noted by a few Dev responses to be launched at the time the servers go live. It is considered a completely different species and is not locked to the regular Drow. If I find the link where the reply is I will post it here, but it was in response to me asking that very same question :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The Drow for the free players is delayed, yes. However the Renegade is noted by a few Dev responses to be launched at the time the servers go live. It is considered a completely different species and is not locked to the regular Drow. If I find the link where the reply is I will post it here, but it was in response to me asking that very same question :)

Well I can't find any official information about the renegade stats. If anyone knows that and wouldn't violate the NDA could they let us know?
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just do what I do during a game release. I take off 1 week before launch and 3 weeks after. 1 month should be sufficient for creating a character :)

lol im on vacation until 27th go figure thats the guardian start date..... looks for a oven to shove head in....
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    lol im on vacation until 27th go figure thats the guardian start date..... looks for a oven to shove head in....

ROFL!!! Ouch. I'd suddenly stage an airline ticket failure or something to extend the vacation :) Just tell them Cubans held you hostage. They are well known for that. ;)
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013