test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archives] Download Issues

Comments

• Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys, we've escalated this and it looks like it should be going faster now.

Also, just to be safe make sure you patch again tomorrow BEFORE 12 pm Pacific Time!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Options
    midntwolfmidntwolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    viiinh wrote: »
    Both torrent and direct not working for me.

It is about 10pm here on the east coast and having the same issue. Downloader barely chugging along at around 150k sometimes less and the torrent is even worse running at a miserable 50k-100k.
  • Options
    dethulousdethulous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem I am. The download from the server is intermittent. I'm sure it's not the internet connection because I can still browse but the download stopped. I'm wondering if this could be a server issue.

Thanks
    :)
  • Options
    auroraeinzoxauroraeinzox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    Hi. If anyone still have problems downloading, this thread may be able to help you out: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?88681-For-people-with-slow-or-stucked-downloads-this-may-help
  • Options
    sirtex8sirtex8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    Also, just to be safe make sure you patch again tomorrow BEFORE 12 pm Pacific Time!
    EG log in the NWO launcher, & there should be a new patch waiting for you; do this ASAP.
  • Options
    darrichhadarrichha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I patched last night - no problem.
    I just started and there appears to be a new patch today.
    Download is like ...extremly slow!!!! 10 Mb =5 minutes
  • Options
    khulodiumkhulodium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I suffer from the same problem, I had a speed of about 10 kB/s.
  • Options
    chiccaachiccaa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Patch is extrememly slow and seems stuck at 48%, restarted the launcher a couple of times. Any suggestions? This has been going on for 1 hr 15 mins now.
  • Options
    darrichhadarrichha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    leave it...it will finish. The counting seems to be off as well.
    Mine finished in 25 minutes.
  • Options
    torn1tapestrytorn1tapestry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The updater keeps hard-locking my computer while downloading the update for the game. Is there no other way to download the bloody updated version?
  • Options
    grimbane09grimbane09 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been trying to download for a good chunk of the day but I can't seem to be able to get it to go above 20 - 30 kbs. At this rate it may be done before the test ends
  • Options
    medievalfantasymedievalfantasy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Once again I won't be able to play in beta... Downloader is at 98.57% and REFUSES to budge.

Really wanna play it, too, and I don't wanna have to download third party torrent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to download it.
  • Options
    auroraeinzoxauroraeinzox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    Hi. For those still having problems with the download, this thread may be able to help you out: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?88681-For-people-with-slow-or-stucked-downloads-this-may-help
  • Options
    amanthoramanthor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The game launcher is stuck at 77.8% since yesterday. The launcher is still receiving data and has received more than the patch required which is 60mb.
  • Options
    shekienshekien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just got a key, got the game downloaded, but every time I try to patch the game, the launcher closes without giving me any information on the crash, but a dialog box allowing me to submit a report. It doesn't even start patching, it just logs me in and crashes. Save me :<
  • Options
    sodbobsodsodbobsod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    my download got stuck at 44% after 6 hours
  • Options
    sargorethsargoreth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After disabling on demand patching (having some server disconnect issues when loading zones and patching) and starting the patcher this morning. Things went fairly well, but the patcher is now stuck at 2162.3MB/2167MB Received 1716.2MB - 99% (its 99.8% in the title bar) I am about to cancel and start it again...

after cancelling and hitting patch again, it downloaded something (too fast for me to see what) and the play button is now active. wierd
  • Options
    mekresonantsmekresonants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im still waiting for my download to go above 30kbs again it did once and shot straight up to 5mb but after about 500mbs it cut out again..
  • Options
    tararara68tararara68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Launcher is downloading some patch very slow.
  • Options
    wolfspectrewolfspectre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Direct download not working here, and torrent is not receiving seeds from criptic studios tracker.
  • Options
    tararara68tararara68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok I can't download a 184mb patch and I can't play the beta. Although I was able to download the whole game.
  • Options
    mannypoohmannypooh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When i launched the Neverwinter launcher, on the left side of the launcher it had something called Shard. It has a drop menu with Champions online and star trek. Instead of automatically downloading neverwinter, it will only download those two games. I will not be able to play this game until they fix this issue :/
  • Options
    rfoshee87rfoshee87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im getting error no connection to update launcher..says unable to get connection to patch server?
  • Options
    jyrmzjyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic Launcer Autoup. . . Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times.

Followed by. . . "Connection Problem" Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persist, please contact Technical Support.

There ya go. . . whats next :)
  • Options
    gralligralli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    Getting the same.
  • Options
    riddickilousriddickilous Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same problem here :(
  • Options
    gralligralli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    Mine just patched and is back up... However shards are down... :(
  • Options
    moondawg13moondawg13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Flushing the DNS worked for me, but the shard is locked at this time.

Windows 7: Start > Run > cmd.exe At the Command Prompt Type: ipconfig /flushdns <enter>
    Campaign: The Legend of Snowmane
    Chapter One: In Search of the Legend
  • Options
    vulfenthewargvulfenthewarg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't even get past the original download. Stuck at 0% 4/3044 MB. Not going to bother buying the game if the site can't handle as something as basic as a download for the beta. :(
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't even get past the original download. Stuck at 0% 4/3044 MB. Not going to bother buying the game if the site can't handle as something as basic as a download for the beta. :(

The current version may not be available for download yet.
This discussion has been closed.