test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founder's Pack - Report Purchase Issues Here!

Comments

• pat1entzer0pat1entzer0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sardokus wrote: »
    Just to update, I filled out a ticket and they answered me within an hour with my link to update my new Founders Status ! I am very satisfied with the perfect world follow up and look forward to my first steps in nw this weekend.

Paypal btw worked but only after a few days waiting for verification and badgering their customer service to verify my account faster.

Congrats! :) That's a good turn around time.

I opened my ticket for not being able to purchase my hero of the north on 3/1 and I'm still waiting to hear back. Hope to hear something soon!
  • sardokussardokus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Congrats! :) That's a good turn around time.

I opened my ticket for not being able to purchase my hero of the north on 3/1 and I'm still waiting to hear back. Hope to hear something soon!

Sorry that you haven't had any luck yet, I honestly think they should give betas to people who are trying to purchase but are having issues on account of paypal or skrill instead of just raffling them away. Hopefully you can get this resolved soon friend.
  • ravielzravielz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok this is becoming a complete hassle i can't even put in a ticket to complain about not being able to purchase my founders pack or anything this is complete BS
  • chesirecrowchesirecrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sardokus wrote: »
    Sorry that you haven't had any luck yet, I honestly think they should give betas to people who are trying to purchase but are having issues on account of paypal or skrill instead of just raffling them away. Hopefully you can get this resolved soon friend.
    Unlikely. The modern corporation is not designed for customer support. Which is why Support is often in another country. There is usually a total disconnect between administration and support and why admin never hears of any problems. To be sure there are exceptions and companies with excellent support.

But I closed my ticket - I told them the problems I encountered but Support only offer various common fix-it formulas but they aren't in a position to actually fix the problems at the PWE/PayPal level. If we're lucky, someone in support would have contacted admin or someone in a position to investigate the issue, but I doubt it.

I did attempt to do another Guardian founder pack yesterday and it failed exactly the same way all previous attempts failed. Yet I still have no problems using the credit card elsewhere online - the problem is NOT at my end and is not worth any more effort on my part to try to 'fix it.'

Seeing the various issues with the PrePaid cards such as out of date cards and a lack of vendors in my area, doesn't give me a lot of confidence in any of their monetary system.
  • pat1entzer0pat1entzer0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I figured I would post the response I received with my support ticket.

Response Support Staff 03 via Email 03/05/2013 11:52 AM
    Hello

We apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing while trying to make a Neverwinter Pack purchase. We have had some reports of players encountering this issue, but none so extensive as yours. Since you have clearly tried to resolve this issue with just about every alternate option possible, we can only advise that you wait while our engineering team addresses some backend issues that have been causing intermittent problems.

We realize this isn't an ideal solution, but we hope you are willing to wait a little longer to make your purchase.

Thank you.

Perfect World Support

And yes the ticket was closed after receiving this. No time frame given.. nothing. I reopened my ticket asking for a time frame or asking how I would know if something was addressed so that I could try this again.
  • ravielzravielz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have had trouble with PW all weekend i can't purchase my $200 founders pack i called my bank i called pay pal and i called PW and got no help in figuring out why i can't make my purchase but thanks to my brother in law he went through his pay pal and payed for me a guardian pack but PW needs to figure out what is going on with their payment method and get it's skrill and paypal payment system fixed
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Chesiredcrow,

PWE Support is actually in house support employed in California...which presents it's own issues but they aren't the overseas support who can barely understand english.

pat1entzer0,

Thanks for posting this and sorry it's not the answer we were hoping for. As it turns out there is an internal issue which is effecting some but not all people. I kind of figured this when a new user, purpleyes, purchased a pack Sunday without incident.

Sadly the reason you weren't given a time frame was because there simply is no time frame. They didn't know what the issue was at least at the time of their reply so the lack of the time frame was more of an honest even if less ideal approach in your eyes. They could have easily made a fictional date the issue would be resolved like some other companies do but they didn't.
    That's not to say it won't be fixed promptly but until they know exactly what the issue is any date they could supply would be purely speculative.

ravielz,

Sorry for the inconveniences! Glad you got your purchase to go through and hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
  • zackrilegiouszackrilegious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Made an PWE account 2 days ago with the intention to buy the guardian founders pack. Upon making the account i didnt recieve any confirmation email. So i submitted a ticket right away asking if they can resend the confirmation email so i can finaly have my account set up and buy the game. its been past 48 hours now and still no response on my ticket.
    Q.Gah! All my info is correct and I'm still not getting my confirmation email! What gives?!

A.Stay calm, we're working on it. We have a complex mail system that attempts to reach your mailbox every minute. It will try for six hours before giving up on ya.

Q.But I can't wait six hours! Help!

A.Well if that's the case, send a friendly email (I stress the word "friendly") via this link. We'll do our best to get your situation resolved ASAP.

And Yes as much as im ticked off how they "stress word friendly" as if i owe them for contacting them regarding the issue not working properly. i still wrote a very "FRIENDLY" ticket. I started having 2nd thoughts on buying the founders pack after all this but despite all that im still willing to spend my 60$ to try this game out since im a vivid fan of Neverwinter.

Is there anyway you guys could help me out? im throwing you guys my money please take it. Ive played Cryptic games before and i enjoyed it. But seeing you guys partnered with PWE is kind of a drawback not just for me but a lot of players seeing how unprofessional they are.
  • chesirecrowchesirecrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Chesiredcrow,
    PWE Support is actually in house support employed in California...which presents it's own issues but they aren't the overseas support who can barely understand english.
    I never claimed the support I received was difficult to understand; replies were in clear English (just not useful). I never get angry with any support staff - they have a job to do but they don't make policy. And you can rarely contact the people who make policy :)

I have made credit card purchases via PayPal (without a PayPal account) without any difficulty - except here. I have made many credit card purchases without any difficulty, with one exception - the parent company of Skrill. So the only two options PWE has for credit card purchase, one won't work for me, when it usually does. The other I won't bother to try again.

The 3rd option might be to purchase PWE PrePaid cards. Except here again I'm stymied as the two places that PWE says I can obtain these cards (Walmart, FutureShop) actually don't carry them.

My initial problem attempting to purchase via PayPal, not wanting to use Skrill, plus not being able to locate PrePaid cards was information provided to support. I cancelled my ticket because they couldn't help me - there currently no alternatives to me using a credit card on your site. I'll wait until I'm able to play (for free) and try it out as I was a fan of BioWare's Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter series.

Someone in Cryptic/PWE needs to be told of these problems - they are losing sales. This is what I mean by a disconnect between support and admin. Not the fault of support usually.

BTW - ambisinister,excellent name. Probably most people don't realize that the meaning of ambidextrous (ambi = both) dexter = right) would be both right handed or having two right hands. There's a Bill of Rights, but no Bill of Lefts or Sinister.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As far as I can tell by reading the founder's page if I buy the Starter kit I don't get beta access? Why not?

They are still getting money. Just not as much as the other 2. Does anyone know why not?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • pat13ntzeropat13ntzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Chesiredcrow,

pat1entzer0,

Thanks for posting this and sorry it's not the answer we were hoping for. As it turns out there is an internal issue which is effecting some but not all people. I kind of figured this when a new user, purpleyes, purchased a pack Sunday without incident.

Sadly the reason you weren't given a time frame was because there simply is no time frame. They didn't know what the issue was at least at the time of their reply so the lack of the time frame was more of an honest even if less ideal approach in your eyes. They could have easily made a fictional date the issue would be resolved like some other companies do but they didn't.
    That's not to say it won't be fixed promptly but until they know exactly what the issue is any date they could supply would be purely speculative.

ravielz,

Sorry for the inconveniences! Glad you got your purchase to go through and hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Ok soo.. I spoke with support about the issue. If your payment fails via skrill you get the phone number for Perfectworld's billing support. when I get home I'll update my post.

Resolution: Created a new account and then was able to pay via chase freedom card

When I spoke with Mike from PW billing support we thought the issue may be related to my account being active for the beta via the PC Gamer beta activation. When he contacted.. engineering? I can't remember while I was on the phone with him. But when he came back he said that shouldn't have been an issue as to why it was failing. But.. after creating the new account it went through fine.

I just wanted to toss this up on the forum to see if anyone else could get this to work for them.

Additional Information that may be helpful for others having the same issue:

Perfect World Entertainment's Billing Department

Phone: 1-888-344-4478
    Contact Us Submit a ticket
    Business Hours: 10am - 7pm (Pacific), Monday through Friday.
    Please have the following information ready when you call:

1. Account Name.
    2. First and last name.
    3. Transaction ID.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, send us a ticket. To expedite your ticket, select Neverwinter under the Product field.

I think that this may play some part of some of the issues. When you first click on to buy the Hero of the North upgrade you see the following prompt:

Payment Info:

Please enter your Billing information prior to selecting a payment method.

City:

Back Continue

I believe this is the reason it failed when I tried my parents cards since they are in a different city/zip. I could not find any way to reset this and I'm not sure where it saves it's information.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for sharing that pat13ntzero!

I'm glad you finally got it all resolved and thank you, truly, for giving your solution to reference.
  • ringbladeringblade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hey all, I am having trouble with getting my Guardian Founder's pack purchase through with Skrill.
    what I`m doing: I choose the Guardian package, select the Skrill payment option, Local Payment Option -> iDeal, filling in my information, choosing the prefered payment method and bank and then hit the proceed button.
    I then get an error. "there has been an error, you can return to the previous page to try again. if the error keeps appearing you can try to contact etc..."
    or hit the cancel button.

if anyone could help me out with this one I would appreciate it alot :)
  • gvkprimegvkprime Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am trying to purchase the Hero of Neverwinter pack and no mater how I try to make the payment it will not accept the card I am using and is refusing to let me buy it. My roommate who is sitting in the house next to me was able to buy the silver pack. Is there something I may be doing wrong?
    edited March 2013
    ringblade wrote: »
    hey all, I am having trouble with getting my Guardian Founder's pack purchase through with Skrill.
    what I`m doing: I choose the Guardian package, select the Skrill payment option, Local Payment Option -> iDeal, filling in my information, choosing the prefered payment method and bank and then hit the proceed button.
    I then get an error. "there has been an error, you can return to the previous page to try again. if the error keeps appearing you can try to contact etc..."
    or hit the cancel button.

if anyone could help me out with this one I would appreciate it alot :)

I'm at a loss. Support Could Definitely assist you with that one better than me.
    Sorry!
    gvkprime wrote: »
    I am trying to purchase the Hero of Neverwinter pack and no mater how I try to make the payment it will not accept the card I am using and is refusing to let me buy it. My roommate who is sitting in the house next to me was able to buy the silver pack. Is there something I may be doing wrong?

Could you please supply the failure response?
  • vac333vac333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok so i bought all 3 founder, guardian and starter but only have one bag of holding in beta,, will i not have 2 bags of holding for early access?
    "On the contrary: even if they never speak of it, people have a very
    acute appreciation of the price they have paid for outward peace and quiet:
    the permanent humiliation of their human dignity."
    - Vaclav Havel -
  • decanus1decanus1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can anyone please tell me when is the final date for buying the hero package, i dont get paid for a couple weeks and would like to know if i can still get it then or not. i would make my own post but it wont let me for some stupid reason even tho my CO/STO accounts have well over 1000 days on each.
    edited March 2013
    vac333 wrote: »
    ok so i bought all 3 founder, guardian and starter but only have one bag of holding in beta,, will i not have 2 bags of holding for early access?

I am sorry I have no information on that. I will have to ask a PWE Employee when I get home but that won't be for another 9 hours :(

decanus1 wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me when is the final date for buying the hero package, i dont get paid for a couple weeks and would like to know if i can still get it then or not. i would make my own post but it wont let me for some stupid reason even tho my CO/STO accounts have well over 1000 days on each.

There's no word on when the Founder's Packs will no longer be available for purchase but they will still be available through launch.
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bought a Hero of the North pack which I tied to my Perfect World account (no previous/other relevant accounts). It's greyed out as a purchase option for this account. I'm able to download the beta but so far I haven't found anywhere that tells me the key I need (if I do need one). I can see the beta forums. Should I be looking for a key?

Edit: depressing, no Founder/Hero tag.
    edited March 2013
    Keys are automatically applied to the account upon purchase, there are no keys sent to your e-mail.

Taken from first post:
    Update! - Founders Titles are not applied automatically

How to Apply Your Title:

Method One -
    In this link check the "Identify me as a member of this group" next to your desired Founders Pack.

Method 2 -
    1. Click User CP towards the top of the screen.
    2. Click Permissions Group.
    3. Check the "Identify me as a member of this group" next to your desired Founders Pack.

If you can not see the access your account's Permissions Group please follow steps A-C found below. If that doesn't resolve the issue please send a Support Ticket.

This should help you out :)
  • vac333vac333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am sorry I have no information on that. I will have to ask a PWE Employee when I get home but that won't be for another 9 hours :(

OK, I will wait for the answer; it should be in about 2 hours ;)
    - Vaclav Havel -
    edited March 2013
    Will the founder's packs be available after launch? If so will they be the same cost?
  • verik43verik43 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guardian purchase went through without a hitch, good game Cryptic. Looking forward to release.
    edited March 2013
    Going to be a while longer than that I am afraid vac333.
    I've asked but due to it being so late although we do have increased access to staff this weekend it's still not 100%.
    I'll get an answer soon I hope but I can't promise anything.

eyebreaker7,
    They will be available for a period past launch but there's absolutely no information other than that at this time. Sominator has stated there will be more information on that soon though :)

verik43,
    :eek: Thank you for being the diamond in the rough who came here simply to say it all went well! I'm glad you're enjoying the game and unlike many posters in this thread didn't have any headaches associated with the purchase.
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Keys are automatically applied to the account upon purchase, there are no keys sent to your e-mail.

Taken from first post:

This should help you out :)

Thanks. Unfortunately I'd tried that and it didn't work, guess I'll have to open a support ticket. I also can't log into the beta due to the 'Account error' problem, so I hope they reply in time for me to not miss out on the beta weekend.
    edited March 2013
    Going to be a while longer than that I am afraid vac333.
    I've asked but due to it being so late although we do have increased access to staff this weekend it's still not 100%.
    I'll get an answer soon I hope but I can't promise anything.

I knew it would be it is the weekend.... :(
    - Vaclav Havel -
    edited March 2013
    eyebreaker7,
    They will be available for a period past launch but there's absolutely no information other than that at this time. Sominator has stated there will be more information on that soon though :)

Do you know if they will be the same price? Or will they cost the
    full amount?

P.S. thanks for the info ambisinisterr much appreciated :)
  • djfoolydjfooly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I perchased the pack but I have not recieved any of the in-game content for the beta weekend I only got the forum title.
    edited March 2013
    Do you know if they will be the same price? Or will they cost the
    full amount?

P.S. thanks for the info ambisinisterr much appreciated :)

I know absolutely nothing past that they will go past launch, at least according to Crypticmapolis. No other information is set in stone or at least that information hasn't been publicly released or shared with the mods.

djfooly,
    Items are not applied automatically to your account. Some aren't even available during the Beta.
    Check out this thread for more information and there is a person in game who will give you the other items. He is west of Sergeant Knox underneath the underpass.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    djfooly wrote: »
    I perchased the pack but I have not recieved any of the in-game content for the beta weekend I only got the forum title.

Did you actually go and pick up your stuff in game?

See here.

Edit: Partially ninjaed by Ambi, but my link does show where to pick up in game stuff still since he already has the title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.