I get this error after logging in :
    account error please click here for more information

Redemption Date
    Sep 21 2012 04:05PM
    Key Redeemed
    TL2 Preorders
  • kuronekkokuronekko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The direct down loader likes to start and stop at random. I'm going on around 8 hours now and I'm sitting in the 20s. I've even forwarded my ports and closed mt AV to no effect. When working I'm at 350mb/s~.
  • nereuss00nereuss00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    can someone uploade the client on an exterlan file sharing site? the downloading speed of those links sucks.. -.- I ask you please
  • nullworxnullworx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I have been downloading for hours. Currently <50KB/s But it frequently drops to 0 and hangs. Pretty sad really... me, and the process.
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not able to patch, have a beta key from PCgamer AND MMO bomb
  • gamerinnhgamerinnh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I start the Direct Download, but the Download never actually begins. I get the little box/window that says "Downloading...(0.00%, 0/2974MB, 0.00KB/ s H)" and it just never begins. Any tips on what is going on? Thanks.
  • signexjeesignexjee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Use torrent and seed, then no one will have download problems. I can leave it on for today till tomorrow morning to seed.
  • sinhealersinhealer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gamerinnh wrote: »
    I start the Direct Download, but the Download never actually begins. I get the little box/window that says "Downloading...(0.00%, 0/2974MB, 0.00KB/ s H)" and it just never begins. Any tips on what is going on? Thanks.

Download FinalTorrent and download the torrent file of the game.

I had the same problem as you but with the torrent I was finished in about 1 and half hours.
  • nullworxnullworx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Look every time I use a torrent client, Comcast sends me nasty e-mails, so how about we get more bandwidth or some alternative download sites?

Edit... OK, have final Torrent, seeding, Hoping Comcast have grown up a bit by now.

I'm guessing this is just the launcher client? How long is the patch afterwards?
  • westtell4012westtell4012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok so i cant download the game the torrent it would take 8 hours because it wont let me reach max speed and the direct download doesnt work at all and the direct download doesnt go faster then 220kb/s i think they what it to go slow so i cant play
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Let DD sit, it will work, just slow, the Beta doesn't start till 12pm PST tomorrow. If you can torrent for 8hrs that is far less than the 23 you have till the BETA starts.
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like I'm seeing similar issues to most here then. I'm just DL'ing the game for the first time. The downloader keeps stopping (complete stop -- 0KB/s) and then after a while it'll start up, DL a little bit, then stop again. Never goes very fast when it goes at all, but hopefully it'll get done sometime before the test period starts.

They could definitely use a few more hamsters on the server wheels.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • animaesteranimaester Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm... So from what I can see, seems like almost everyone is having slow download issues. It's downloading VERY slowly for me as well; pretty much the same issues everyone else is going through... (I'm using direct download) If it is seriously taking about 30 mins just to get 2% download completed, I'm not very sure if I'll even play this game :mad:
  • krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep same Direct DL is extremely slow I have 100 Meg Uverse and pulling only 160-220kb at times if its not sitting at zero.
  • gamerinnhgamerinnh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sinhealer wrote: »
    Download FinalTorrent and download the torrent file of the game.

I had the same problem as you but with the torrent I was finished in about 1 and half hours.

Well, since I posted i am at 17%....starts for a sec then stalls out to nothing.....I May be able to play by the time the beta starts...

Thanks for the replys all.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yea it went to 3.25% for me and then dropped dead but since i got a new PC yesterday and had to redo launcher STO is giving me similar problems with their on demand patching too.
  • hedgehog8hedgehog8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guess it was a right idea to download this all last week :/
    My net sort of 'blocks' torrents, so I could only use direct download, it was around 100 kb/sec, with 5-minute 'breaks' once in a while, so even last week(when there were lowers loads probably) the speed was very low. After you get the client though, it will be much faster, the actual patching goes at great speed.
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Hey Adventurers- If you can please try using the torrent download. It's going much faster now, and each new person that downloads and seeds can increase the speed for their fellow adventurers.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whats a good program to use for the Torrent file, I tried dling it under the assumption that it would have its own Torrent program.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    Hey Adventurers- If you can please try using the torrent download. It's going much faster now, and each new person that downloads and seeds can increase the speed for their fellow adventurers.

Yeah I tried that but it usually fails.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    nullworx wrote: »
    Edit... OK, have final Torrent, seeding, Hoping Comcast have grown up a bit by now.

Are they really that anal about downloader clients?... yesh..
    I'm guessing this is just the launcher client? How long is the patch afterwards?

369mb as of Thursday (3-7-2013) Though the patch goes about 9000000x faster than the client download.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    kren wrote: »
    Whats a good program to use for the Torrent file, I tried dling it under the assumption that it would have its own Torrent program.

i use: " uTorrent "

Its actually a differnt letter than U at the beginning, like a backwards y... but the fourm seems to HATE that special character and keeps deleting the name.
  • riverdragonessriverdragoness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *scratch* up to 540 :cool:
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    see if u guys have pando media since u use direct dl u probably have it in pc,that eats internet speed a lot remove it u dont need it
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    see if u guys have pando media since u use direct dl u probably have it in pc,that eats internet speed a lot remove it u dont need it

Good point, a lot of these guys probably have that installed on their computer and don't realise it (as it's not automatically uninstalled when they remove whatever f2p game that installed it in first place on their PC).
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • medievalfantasymedievalfantasy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ugh, wanna play it, but probably won't till tomorrow the way this downloader's going....
  • snagratsnagrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    whooo hoooo 0.01 kbs !!

Should be able to log on in.....100000 years????

/sigh
  • lowenhonklowenhonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been having some issues as others with the downloader but once it goes past midnight here (UK) it goes up to 250-350 kb/s. Dont know why it does this but it also seems to be placing a heavy load on my internet when getting this higher speed, it slows web browsing ect significantly which other downloads dont have nearly as much impact.
  • zer0616zer0616 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I (direct) downloaded just fine last night and installed this morning. However, the patcher is running super slow though. The Server Status icon is red... is there a known issue currently?
  • raroshrarosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can someone link me the torrent i cant access neverwinter main site gives a time out and proxy stuff.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.