Install Arc
Options

Do you need a Beta Key? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    axan29 wrote: »
    which villanous character from Erin M Evans Brimstone Angels will appear in this game? the character has been shown in some video's and screen shots that are widely available to everyone.
    This would likely be Rohini the succubus, who is in charge of the devil complement in Helm's Hold. She's also detailed in the Neverwinter Campaign Setting, which I have been going over recently (as well as my FR campaign settings from 2nd through 4th edition, since my normal group doesn't play in FR).

As for why I want a key? I want to try out the game. Having been burned by preorders too often in the recent past, I've resolved to no longer preorder games until I can actually play them. And while I'm technically not preordering a free-to-play game, I would be buying a whole bunch of digital items for a game I may or may not like.

Another reason is I want to see what I have to work with in the Foundry. I know it probably wouldn't be available to me to use the actual Foundry, but I can get a good idea of what I'd be working with via the official Cryptic stuff and the available Foundry missions. Then I can start adding flesh to the skeletons of ideas I have for Foundry content.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bonbrute wrote: »
    Yeah, if you are doubting it 'cos you don't have message in your sent folder you can check if there is supposed to be from http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions and there is the frase " Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default".

Perfect, that was the culprit - thank you!
  • Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    It's definitely Rohini. She suits the role of a villain in Neverwinter perfectly. Also, she has been mentioned in this newspost: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=705581

I need a beta key, because I simply don't have the money right now to spend it on the founder packs. I'd love to though! If I wasn't living a poor student life right now, I'd pay for Neverwinter without a doubt. I'm a huge D&D and MMORPG fan, so to finally see those two elements meet in the Forgotten Realms is like dream come true =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    walkerwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    man this thread makes me sad... so many dedicated D&D fans without a key..... perhaps someone on the largest mmorpg site on the net (aka the one you get when you search mmorpg in google) might have put a guide on how to increase your chances to get a beta key on there forums for neverwinter

what a kind soul that person is whomever it is.

oh well let this thread continue and I wish everyone the best of luck, sadly I have already given away my friend key.
  • Options
    oziumozium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited February 2013
    best of luck to those that still need key, myself included :p
  • Options
    crivilnite2crivilnite2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    walker wrote: »
    man this thread makes me sad... so many dedicated D&D fans without a key..... perhaps someone on the largest mmorpg site on the net (aka the one you get when you search mmorpg in google) might have put a guide on how to increase your chances to get a beta key on there forums for neverwinter

what a kind soul that person is whomever it is.

oh well let this thread continue and I wish everyone the best of luck, sadly I have already given away my friend key.

That buddy with stars deserves some kudos indeed.
    I'm The Guardian, death is my business be it yours or mine.
  • Options
    catharsoncatharson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First off, I'm a D&D gamer for life. Any edition, any game, I'll play. I'm quite good at running the latest editions as a DM too. D&D, in any form, is my hobby.

Second, I'm a college student that makes a long commute to school, with a fun job that just doesn't pay enough, and am otherwise stuck in a sad little town that does have a hobby shop, but only caters to MtG players (a game I don't play anymore; too costly) and sports memorabilia collectors. There's no one around me that wants to play D&D, or is even interested in the game. So I find myself incredibly BORED in my free time.

Third, too be honest, this will be my first MMO. I've never played one. I'm big on the story of the games I play, and having watch people play MMOs and hear them talk about them, I never thought I'd be interested in them. To me, they seemed to lack the compelling storyline that you get with solo-player or co-op games like Final Fantasy or Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. So I avoided MMOs like the plague. I know just about everyone liked WoW, and my friends wanted me to try it, but I couldn't. The characters were too silly-looking for my taste, so I don't think I can ever take that game seriously. I figured by then it would take a miracle to make me want to play an MMO.

Then I heard the announcement about Neverwinter. It was going to be an MMO instead of co-op. I felt uneasy, but this was Neverwinter, and I really enjoyed running that season of D&D Encounters, and when I saw that the game was going to be based around the events of the campaign setting (one of the best 4e books in my opinion), I started to get excited. I've watched all the videos and read the updates and even spent hours reading these forums. I really want to play Neverwinter. I believe it is the MMO I've been waiting for.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've given my key to Koje (Message #51) - congratulations, I hope all three of you have a lot of fun with it!
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The one who first gives me a key, will not be destroyed by me to be raised as a mindless un-dead. (I'll just destroy you and not raise you. It's actually better that way for you, trust me on that one, it just is).
    I've given my key to Koje (Message #51) - congratulations, I hope all three of you have a lot of fun with it!

Mighty decent of you. You are a true Hero of the North! ;)
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This would likely be Rohini the succubus, who is in charge of the devil complement in Helm's Hold. She's also detailed in the Neverwinter Campaign Setting, which I have been going over recently (as well as my FR campaign settings from 2nd through 4th edition, since my normal group doesn't play in FR).

As for why I want a key? I want to try out the game. Having been burned by preorders too often in the recent past, I've resolved to no longer preorder games until I can actually play them. And while I'm technically not preordering a free-to-play game, I would be buying a whole bunch of digital items for a game I may or may not like.

Another reason is I want to see what I have to work with in the Foundry. I know it probably wouldn't be available to me to use the actual Foundry, but I can get a good idea of what I'd be working with via the official Cryptic stuff and the available Foundry missions. Then I can start adding flesh to the skeletons of ideas I have for Foundry content.

THE WINNER and has been given a code once i make sure everything works others will be sent out, as had more than once spare code.
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Congratulations!
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    apostles wrote: »
    It's definitely Rohini. She suits the role of a villain in Neverwinter perfectly. Also, she has been mentioned in this newspost: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=705581

I need a beta key, because I simply don't have the money right now to spend it on the founder packs. I'd love to though! If I wasn't living a poor student life right now, I'd pay for Neverwinter without a doubt. I'm a huge D&D and MMORPG fan, so to finally see those two elements meet in the Forgotten Realms is like dream come true =)

THE RUNNER UP both were given keys not Beta one something a little more special :-)
  • Options
    malvaenmalvaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any lovely ladies want my extra beta weekend key? Plead your case via pvt msg ;)
  • Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Diabolical Unaccustomed Necromancers Gained Essence Of Nipping Souls And Daring Raptured Armoured Guardians Obfuscate Necromancers' Stealing: Neither Even Vilify Eachwhere Riot When Intrigues Naggingly Terrify Every Remnants!
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    malvaen wrote: »
    Any lovely ladies want my extra beta weekend key? Plead your case via pvt msg ;)

Stranger danger! There's no candy in that van!
  • Options
    malvaenmalvaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is a caravan! And there is plenty of candy. We Drow know how to treat a lady
  • Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I'm planning to sabre through all adversary tract like a terrifying impact and all foes are gonna be spiked by my wicked or spinning strike! So please allot me a Friend key!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Haven't heard anything overly convincing yet... keep it up!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Haven't heard anything overly convincing yet... keep it up!

No one would be safe if I face into a group 10th of orcs! So please shall i deserve your invitation?
    I'm not a lady I'm just violating your constancy! Don't be rude I'm a good friend!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bonbrute wrote: »
    Have to go with a guess. Is it Lorcan the cambion?(can't really find anyone too familiar from the videos since well, book personifications vs game personifications).

And as for the reasons, I already said them above :p

Oh and if you want proof for interest in the series all together (meaning Forgotten Realms).

Here is a shoddy picture of my collection almost all are Forgotten Realms books, just few random books and dragonlance too. (Can post better if wanted, after get my Canon system camera charged).

trNPEY5.jpg

As the only other person who answered my question although wrong, and as the winner and runner up both took alpha keys there is a beta key (my final key) on its way to you. plsu you took the effort to take the pic.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so maybe there are no women planning to play... Or perhaps they're just female drow wanting nothing to do with a Menzoberranzan renegade..
    Still one friend key available!
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so maybe there are no women planning to play... Or perhaps they're just female drow wanting nothing to do with a Menzoberranzan renegade..
    Still one friend key available!

Well then, if you still have that key, I really want to test this game, y'know, i have followed this game for a long time, now, i have not such a thing as a beta key, so i can't get the chance to test this game, I may not be a women, nor a female drow "wanting nothing to do with a Menzoberranzan renegade", but please choose me and concede a key to me.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    bonbrutebonbrute Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    axan29 wrote: »
    As the only other person who answered my question although wrong, and as the winner and runner up both took alpha keys there is a beta key (my final key) on its way to you. plsu you took the effort to take the pic.

Thanks! The key won't go to waste I promise!
  • Options
    pundypundy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    key please :)
  • Options
    grimrod614grimrod614 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please let me have one, I am really saddened that Paypal is blocking my credit card that has over 20k of space and credit yet continues to deny the card. I have been a fan of pnp since childhood and can't believe that i am blocked from getting my founders status.
  • Options
    seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    This is a tempting thread, I admit. See, thing is, not gonna get down on my knees and beg (not in public, there are children watching). :)

Are people seriously offering spare keys here, or are y'all just being a big tease?
  • Options
    bonbrutebonbrute Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is a tempting thread, I admit. See, thing is, not gonna get down on my knees and beg (not in public, there are children watching). :)

Are people seriously offering spare keys here, or are y'all just being a big tease?

Well I managed to get key from hear so I think it's
  • Options
    hughzy9hughzy9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please pick me
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Please get me involved to the Beta by someone
  • Options
    lookitscheeselookitscheese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Edit: Thanks, good luck everyone.