test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    until we get to end-game raids with actually interesting gameplay
    So... first we should get raids in the game. My "end-game" is Foundry so cool for me.
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The problem I have with slow leveling is that leveling is often easy and really boring. In MMOs, the real game tends to only start at cap.

If there's truly challenging and interesting content all the way up, then working my way up slowly would be fine. But if it's stupid "slay X mobs" quests, or worse "slay mobs till you get X things that don't drop reliably", until we get to end-game raids with actually interesting gameplay, then slow leveling would probably get me to drop the game.

So as a person with a casual gamer's amount of time to play, and a hardcore gamer's love of challenging and intricate gameplay, slow leveling could be a problem for me.

Actually I find gameplay more intricate when I am low level and not at some well geared high level. I find myself thinking about tactics and proper outfitting much more. I actually enjoy the low levels and usually get bored quickly with a maxed character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The problem I have with slow leveling is that leveling is often easy and really boring. In MMOs, the real game tends to only start at cap.

If there's truly challenging and interesting content all the way up, then working my way up slowly would be fine. But if it's stupid "slay X mobs" quests, or worse "slay mobs till you get X things that don't drop reliably", until we get to end-game raids with actually interesting gameplay, then slow leveling would probably get me to drop the game.

So as a person with a casual gamer's amount of time to play, and a hardcore gamer's love of challenging and intricate gameplay, slow leveling could be a problem for me.

I can see that. However there is not much information at all out there about the end game even if there is one. I really hope there is an end game because I seriously doubt that leveling to max level is going to take more than 50 or 60 hours of play time. Also to me running around opening up exploration points and grinding 10's of thousands of things for achievements is not fun and is not "end game" material. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Actually I find gameplay more intricate when I am low level and not at some well geared high level. I find myself thinking about tactics and proper outfitting much more. I actually enjoy the low levels and usually get bored quickly with a maxed character.

One of the interesting things is that the Foundry adventures scale with level. You if you make a really hard party dungeon it will be really hard for a group of level 1 characters or for a group of level 60 characters. I think that is very cool.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The first mainstream mmo that allows you to enter a pub, sit at a table and play cards with those across from you. You would think in 2013 that something like this would start being common, some diversion and community building in a mmo.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    So... first we should get raids in the game. My "end-game" is Foundry so cool for me.

Well, I said "if". Don't know what the end-game will look like. Raids were just an example.

Don't really care if its 5-man or 12-man, as long as there's interesting and challenging gameplay.

As for the Foundry, I have my doubts that we'll be able to express very interesting gameplay with it. For one, I'd be surprised if we can do genuine Raid-style bosses, with unique abilities and scripting.

It seems like the Foundry will be more for expressing story and narrative, which I have little interest in in video games.

That's a problem that happens sometimes as well, where the difficulty curve is broken, and characters advance faster than the challenge ramps up.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    As for the Foundry, I have my doubts that we'll be able to express very interesting gameplay with it. For one, I'd be surprised if we can do genuine Raid-style bosses, with unique abilities and scripting.

No scripting as far as I have seen, but in one video they do talk about triggers. Like having adds spawn when certain things happen in a boss room but they give no details. You might be able you use triggers in other ways, not sure how involved it will be, we will have to see.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    There's a lot of Foundry information on TavernUGC:

http://tavernugc.com

Their sister site, http://starbaseugc.com, has tons of info about the STO Foundry, which should be helpful even if it's not going to be 100% the same. STO's Foundry is essentially a beta; Neverwinter should be the "production" release.

edit: in the interests of full disclosure, I should say "our", not "their", since I'm a StarbaseUGC contributor.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    Why exactly does it give the causal gamer the cold shoulder? Just because you don't hit max level in 2 weeks doesn't mean you don't see progression,

Never once in my post did I mention two weeks to max level. I never once mentioned any kind of time limit, other than to quote someone else. Yeah, people that rush to the top miss a lot on the way up, and I'm casual in that sense that I don't like missing out on content.

It'll give casuals the cold shoulder in that we gamers (generally speaking, by the way. I realize there are exceptions.) are a very....rewards based crowd. We do like the sense of accomplishment of that ding! level up graphic and sound. We like to check out the next challenge, the next area to be explored.

When this does not occur often enough for us....we grow frustrated and move on to games that DO reward our skinner box mentality.

I don't consider grinding rep for hours or grinding monsters for hours to get 10,000 kills for an achievement, content, fun or something that should be added to game play time calculations.

And I'm right there with you, friend. I hate grind. Boring, repetitive game play is an anathema to me.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Did the Devs say this somewhere that it would take that long? I really hope they did, do you have a link to an interview or a post?
    There is no quote from devs how long levelling time will take.
    gillrmn wrote: »
    True. Race to max level will always be of 2 weeks.

But I think it will take much more to play all the official content in game at level.
    What bull*hit is this?! I started playing WOW slightly before Wrath of Lich King expansion was released.
    In WOW you get much less exp for PvP and I liked low level PvP that said it took 6 months(playing 40 hours/week) for me to reach max level in WOW with my first character and during that time Wrath was released so max level was 80.

When Catalysm expansion was released it took me a few weeks to levelup each character from level 80 to level 85, but that is the tip of an icemountain of powerprogression in WOW. Granted I have never been fast leveler and I actually enjoy to see story trailers and never skip them as powerlevelers do.

Max item should never been get from Foundry! Regardless how long it should take for reach max level there is powerprogression after that!

Cryptic has said:
    A. There is endgame!
    B. That you need to do repeateadely some content to get fat loot so you can access or at least have a chance in harder endgame content! Harder endgame content is likely not Raids but harder Dungeons is reasonable expectation at the release.

It should take ME many months to reach max power in Neverwinter with a character. I hate Guild Wars 2 that is a silly casual carebear game.

WOWs key to powerprogression is the loot. I am good at getting best loot after I get to max level through highest level of crafting and doing Raids!

At end of year 2009 ICC a HUGE RAID with 12 Epic main bosses was released to WOW:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Icecrown_Citadel_(instance)

During year 2010 WOW reached World Record of more then 12 million active players! Both me and my brother and my sister have enjoyed WOW! Guild Wars 2 is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to WOW. Neverwinter has the chance to be a classic but it needs more powerprogression then Guild Wars 2.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    During year 2010 WOW reached World Record of more then 12 million active players! Both me and my brother and my sister have enjoyed WOW! WOW is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Neverwinter has the chance to be a classic but it needs more power progression then Guild Wars 2.

Neverwinter needs to be ITS OWN GAME and not just a WoW clone. Please let it be just that, its own game. If you love WoW so much....GO BACK. This game isn't here just to please YOU and provide YOU a way to pass time until the next expansion of WoW is released so you can power through that content in a few hours. Last time I checked...there were perhaps a few thousand people here on these forums, and I can guarantee more of them certainly don't want this game to be ANYTHING like Blizzard's abomination than there are of those that do.

Also, you neglected to show the rest of that particular tidbit of information, my friend. Here. Allow me.
    By Robert Purchese Published Thursday, 4 August 2011

In October 2010, World of Warcraft reached 12 million subscribers. By the end of March 2011, that number decreased to 11.4 million.

Now Blizzard has revealed that, as of the end of June, that number had fallen again - down to 11.1 million subscribers worldwide.

So yeah. People came, saw the tripe, and left.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Neverwinter needs to be ITS OWN GAME and not just a WoW clone. Please let it be just that, its own game. If you love WoW so much....GO BACK. This game isn't here just to please YOU and provide YOU a way to pass time until the next expansion of WoW is released so you can power through that content in a few hours. Last time I checked...there were perhaps a few thousand people here on these forums, and I can guarantee more of them certainly don't want this game to be ANYTHING like Blizzard's abomination than there are of those that do.

Now I have no love for WoW, but it really depends on your definition of "anything like" there are a number of things that WoW did that I would like to see done in this game. It could be said that doing any of them makes this game like WoW and I am sure there will be tons of people saying it is "just WoW with action combat".
    Also, you neglected to show the rest of that particular tidbit of information, my friend. Here. Allow me.

Again I have no love for WoW. Granted I don't have the venomous hatred that you seem to have for it. I can appreciate that retaining 92% of your peak level of users over a year and a half after that peak would be a feat very few if any other MMOs have accomplished. I hardly see that as a failure especially in a sub based MMO.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

True I left after playing 3.5 years. WOW is still best MMO so far released. However after playing 3.5 years I eventually got bored seen whole world nothing to explore etc.

Why do you not go play Guild Wars 2 lol. Neverwinter is its own game with Foundry and in future you can also create PvP Battlegrounds in Neverwinter. That said this game will have powerprogression. Maybe not everlasting power progression like WOW, but if you play 40 hours/week then power progression that lasts many months would make me content.

True Neverwinter is its own game, but it still can lend many good features from WOW.
  • Options
    m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    we need more races not just #%#$ orcs((((
  • Options
    drwarpeffectdrwarpeffect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would like to see more reasonable prices.
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Open new threads to discuss things like this; I hate necro threads. :(

They smell.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    ashronthasashronthas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will make a Duergar cleric, with Asmodeus as his deity. I hope this will be possible.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Barbarian, Barbarian, Barbarian... almost bored saying this!
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to see...

Aboleths, Beholders, Umber Hulks, Hook Horrors, Ropers, Kuo-Toa, more Underdark areas, Luskan, a steady release of more Foundry features and options, and a steady release of new classes over time.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Just so that everybody knows, this thread is not a necro. It is simply one of the oldest and longest lasting threads on the forums.

Necro threads are threads which have not been posted on in over a month (30 days) and although this thread was started about a year ago it has remained a consistent discussion for all of that time. You can stop sending reports and posting off topic as if it's about to be locked :D
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    I would love to see ME in Neverwinter!
  • Options
    rathurarathura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    By what I have seen so far, I would like to suggest/request/beg on my knees for as much customization as possible for our characters. I am talking about the classes, not the centimeter difference of eyebrows. The classes look so preset to me right now from what I have seen. I didn't participate in beta weekend 1, but I will participate in 2 and 3. Once I do, I'll give an updated opinion on the classes so far. I suspect I will still dislike the preset feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Normally, in old D&D, when a character achieved a certain level, 10-12, the option to start a castle, temple, Thieves guild, etc, became available, if that was what the DM and Player/s wished or desired to persue. In an MMO however, a warrior running into a fight with 100 men-At-Arms with him, would get to be a Lag nightmare at the very least, let alone all the special content needed to make that happen.

So what about those Acolytes, Apprentices and Men-At-Arms? Well Cryptic already has a system for them in Star Trek Online. The Duty Officer system.
  • Options
    wesleyvalkwesleyvalk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok A big WISHLIST from me.

1#: Please make this game EXTREMLY EXTREMLY IN THE EXTREME different from that horrible, terrible game D&D Online.

2#: I really hope that the buy-an-area <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from D&D online is not in this game, I understand you should make money, but in D&D online only 20% of all dungeons is free, the other 80% is very expensive.

3# I do understand you need to make money, so sell stuff like weapons, mounts, armor, items, easy XP, new skills and such stuff, ALL area's and MOST OF ALL MONSTERS should be available, if not I'm far from interested.

I really hate it that monsters like Gelatinous Cube and Driders and Salamanders are for paying players only in D&D online, if this game goes the same road i'm really disappointed, I don't mind paying for games, but in this type of online games its very expansive to buy everything, I rather buy a game like in the old days with all stuff avaiable.

Sorry for the rage but i'm so disappointed with D&D online that I really hope this project corrects these mistakes.

4# I really would like to buy some compagnions without having to buy in euro's is that possible? Keep the very rare ones for people who pay, but at least give some smaller animal compagnions for free.

That is the Rant.

5# Races I hope you will have avaiable in the future: (All free to play, keep the payable races Drow)

1 - Shadar Kai
    2 - Warforged
    3 - Genasi
    4 - Wilden
    5 - Goliath
    6 - Deva
    7 - Shifter!!! This one is on the top of my wishlist!
    8 - Githzerai
    9 - Dragonborn
    10 - Eladrin

6# Monsters I really hope to see in the game: (IN area's that are free to play)

MONSTER MANUAL 1
    Aboleth - Astral Stalker - Blood Fiend - Phane - Fire Bat
    Basilisk - Bombardier Beetle - Beholder - Bodak - Bulette
    Carrion Crawler - Choker - Chuul - Cyclops - Death Knight
    Balor - Glabrezu - Hezrou - Marilith (not as boss but as normal enemy)
    Vrock - Destrachan - Kyton - Osyluth - Barbazu - Gelugon
    Succubus - Devourer - Mohrg - Displacer Beast - Doppelganger
    Drider - Drow - Dryad - Efreet - Ettercap - Ettin - Gargoyle
    Banshee - Ghoul - Fire GIant - Gibbering MOuther - Flesh Golem
    Gorgon - Grell - Night Hag - Bog Hag - Harpy - Hook Horro
    Hell Hound - Shadow Mastiff - Hydra - Kuo Toa - Lamia
    Manticore - Medusa - Mind Flayer - Minotaur - Mummy
    Dark Naga - Nightmare (not only as mount) - Nightwalker
    Ochre Jelly - Oytugh - Owlbear - Purple Worm - Quickling
    Rakshasa - Dire Rat - Roper - Sahuagin - Salamander - Satyr
    Hellstinger Scorpion - Shambling MOund - Spectre - Sphinx
    Stirge - Swordwing - BlackRoot Treant - Troglodyte (riding on behemoths)
    Troll - Umber Hulk - Wraith - Wyvern - Yuan Ti Abomination

MONSTER MANUAL 2
    Ankheg - Giant Ant - Barghest - Behir - Bullywug - Cockatrice
    Corrupted Couatl - Bebilith - Yochlol - Pod Demon - Drakkoth
    Duergar - Firbolg - Gray Render - Myconid - Black Pudding - Greenslime
    Remorhaz - Rust Monster - Spriggan - Steel Predator
    Will o Wisp - Greenvise

MONSTER MANUAL 3
    Deep Dragon - Fang Dragon - Cave Fisher - Cloaker - Babau
    Derro - Girallon - Su Monster - Rot Grubs - Meazel - Gremlin
    Howler - Intellect Devourer - Intellect Glutton - Scarecrow
    Shadow - Shardmind - Thri Kreen - Deepspawn - Verbeeg

OTHER PRODUCTS + NON 4th EDITION MONSTERS
    Peryton - Crimson Deathmist - Gloomwing - Vegepygmy
    Vargouille - Shadow Dragon - Mudman - Yellow Musk Creeper
    Dao - Stinger/Scorpionman/Scorrow - Crysmal - Morkoth
    Aurumvorax - Leucrotta - Bladeling - Hamatula - Solamith

I really hope to see a game with ALL the iconic monsters for once, we've seen games with goblins, orcs and giant spiders by now, why d&d games never have DIsplacer beasts and salamanders?

And for people who say I shouldn't play it ect ect, please don't I just don't like it when people call a game for free and then put a charge on almost all stuff available in the game like D&D online did.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wesleyvalk wrote: »
    I really hate it that monsters like Gelatinous Cube and Driders and Salamanders are for paying players only in D&D online, if this game goes the same road i'm really disappointed, I don't mind paying for games, but in this type of online games its very expansive to buy everything, I rather buy a game like in the old days with all stuff avaiable.

You know you can play DDO like MMOs in the "old days" by buying a subscription, right?

Or, if you mean buy it for $60 or whatever at once like a non-MMO game, that's pretty unrealistic for how much content there is, and continues to be put out.

Personally, I think selling content is a great way to monetize F2P games. But the Neverwinter devs have been clear that they won't be selling content.
  • Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I would love to see weapon customization. Each weapon would be malleable onwards. You can style your best dual sword or trim your fond mage staffs or simply let your cleric's holy icon flicker better. So as you can see to distrib. point on skills maybe dev should do the same with weapons of drawing on points to armours. This name can be "Implementing Points" or "Adornment Points"!;)
  • Options
    rathurarathura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok so that panther in the founders pack. A suggestion, make it pretty. It's so ugly right now that I am not even interested in it if it were free, and I love panthers! Assuming it will be for founders only (whih would suck), improving the model might get you a lot of money. If it's available later in ga,e another way, it'll make fans happy such as myself.
    I mean, does that really look like a panther to you? It's pathetic. No offense to whoever made it.

Side note: The flashing cursor thing for where you are typing in this quick reply has been broken for me. Only this site does that... Fix? =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    these are all requests I hope that the devs listen to Fishing, post max level advancement, and the classes the most.

Fishing: Full on fishing mini game with lures props outfits treasure to fish up crafting materials cooking recipes fishing poles achievements titles.

Noncombat quests: as a cleric surely it's not always my duty to eliminate the scourge of the realms.

Post max level advancement/specialization: something akin to the planar attunement of Rift except retrainable.

More controller support.

Outfits like in LOTRO equipable items so they are removed from inventory and placed in the slots.

Whisper/Tell IM Chat: a single tab in the chat window dedicated to whispers/tells where on the right side of the window it lists in the form of buttons the names of people you are chatting with.

Friend's list nickname: the ability to change the nickname of the player on your friendslist so that it shows up as that nickname in tells party and chat.

Popup mini windows: one on the left for when friends/guild members go on and offline and one on the right that shows the icon and name of the items/currency received from looting. Moveable interface for complete customization of course.

Event system that has encounters on timers in zones that one goes to do normal questing in, like back up orcs coming into a zone that must be delt with before regular quests can be completed. Or finding an npc who needs the players help to get out of such a zone before an orc attacks them.

Classes I would love to see in game: Warblade, elementalist priests, sphere priests, wild mages, buff debuff bards, illusionist, spirit shaman, witch, pet dependant medium range/melee ranger, Artificer, RunePriest, Warden, Archivist, Warlock.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I've played the beta for a little bit, and this is what I would like so far:

Please make the chats more customizable. Like, color changes and such. It's very difficult to tell who is who while the posts fly through. For example, WoW has class colors that can be used for the characters name as well. This helps a lot in seeing the difference in who is talking. Also, chat background color to help see it.

Next, Deities. There weren't any evil deities or deities that really fit a tiefling (who are kinda devils aren't they?). I was unsatisfied with the small list of deities, although there are a decent number (like 9 or so). Add some that work for thieves or something at least. I chose the bottom left one that was about nature or whatever because it was slightly acceptable.

Lastly, customization. I am completely underwhelmed by the lack of customization. There's like 3 or 4 options per category. That's pretty lame. There's no excitement in being handed specific skills that everyone else gets too. Give us options. As many as you can afford! (if you can't afford adding customized classes, the game likely won;t make it long anyway)

That's all for now. Back to beta testing.

edit:

Add a "Are you sure? Yes or No" option to the teleport scrolls. Accidently used one and didn't notice til I was teleported. Very annoying. Lost my scroll and had to run all the way back to where I was.

Edit: More to say now lol.

Add the option to press the escape key to cancel a typed message.

Fix the character creation model. The model is very far to the left and hard to see. It's laughable if I weren't so annoyed by it.

Also, when a character name is taken, have it say taken and then try another name. Not say "charcter creation failed" and log the user out. That was annoying.

Add a "return to character screen" option. Why do I have to logout to select another charcter?

That's all for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to see Waterdeep in one of these games one day, it would be nice to see one the biggest cities in FR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.